Search Home : Home : Cooking : Baking and Confections : Cakes : Chocolate
- 4th of July Chocolate Cake: Made with sour cream, instant banana cream pudding mix, devil's food cake mix, pecans, chocolate chips, and cinnamon-flavored chips.
- A Touch of Chocolate Angel Food Cake: A very light, high cake with the flavors of ginger and a bit of chocolate. The optional glaze adds more chocolate flavor if desired.
- All-Chocolate Boston Cream Pie: Chocolate cake filled with cocoa cream and coated with a chocolate glaze.
- Banana-Chocolate Sponge Cake: For Passover or those on wheat-free diets.
- Better Than Sex Cake: Uses chocolate, Cool Whip, pecans, and pudding. Also a recipe for Magic Forgotten Cookies.
- Black Forest Cake w/Cherries: Made with a chocolate cake mix, kirsch and cherry pie filling. Topped with whipped cream and garnished with chocolate curls and maraschino cherries.
- Blackout Cake: Layers of dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting; the outside of the frosted cake is covered with more cake that has been crumbled.
- Brazillian Chocolate Chiffon Cake: Flavored with instant coffee and cinnamon.
- Buttermilk-Chocolate Sheet Cake: Known to some as Texas Sheet Cake, this rich dessert is often served as brownies.
- Cake Recipes: Varieties include Chocolate Cherry Cake, Chocolate Ripple Cake, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Pound Cake; from RecipeSource.com.
- Cappuccino Torte: Recipe featuring cappuccino, kahlua, and chocolate.
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake: Light but chocolatey, this is a tall cake with no leavening other than the air that is beaten into egg whites.
- Chocolate Applespice Cake: Dense and chocolatey, with a hint of spice and the crunch of nuts.
- Chocolate Banana Cake: Mashed bananas are an ingredient in this layer cake.
- Chocolate Beet Cake: The beets make this cake moist.
- Chocolate Better than Sex Cake: A baked devils-food or german chocolate cake, Skor candy bars, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, and fudge and caramel toppings.
- Chocolate Cake with Rum-spiked Figs: Made with dried figs cooked in rum.
- Chocolate Cakes: Recipes from the AllRecipes.com network. Includes ratings and reviews.
- Chocolate Celebration Cake: Cake is cut in half the long way, then each half is split horizontally. The four layers are sprinkled with a bit of black raspberry liqueur, then sandwiched and frosted with white chocolate whipped cream.
- Chocolate Chocolate Mocha Cake: Made with buttermilk and includes a recipe for Chocolate Mocha Frosting.
- Chocolate Cream Cake: Cake is made with canned chocolate syrup, icing with semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Crunch Cake: Made with a German chocolate cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, caramel ice cream topping, Heath bars, and cool whip.
- Chocolate Loaf Cake: Includes raisins and walnuts.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cake: Made with cocoa, butter, miniature marshmallows, pecans, and self rising flour.
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake: Made with cocoa and mayonnaise, which replaces eggs and fat.
- Chocolate Mint Layer Cake: Cake and frosting made with mint chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Nut Cake: Made with mashed potatoes, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, cloves, and nuts.
- Chocolate Port Cake: Fine-grained fudgy cake, calls for ruby port.
- Chocolate Shadow Cake: Frosted with fluffy white frosting then melted chocolate is drizzled over the top and down the sides.
- Chocolate Souffle Cake: Intensely chocolate. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream, liqueur whipped cream, or a créme anglaise.
- Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake: Made with chocolate, butter, brown sugar, and sour cream.
- Chocolate Spice Cake: Includes cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts, and buttermilk.
- Chocolate-Orange Pound Cake: A fine-grained but dense pound cake. Uses orange liqueur, but other flavors can be substituted.
- Chocolate-Rum Chiffon Cake: Light-textured chocolate cake with a bit of rum flavor.
- Collins Cake: A one-layer chocolate cake spiced with cinnamon, and has a cooked chocolate frosting.
- Company Chocolate Cake: Recipe by Alice Brown, with a chocolate frosting to top it off.
- Decadent Chocolate Cake: Recipe from Lantern Inn Bed and Breakfast, Betterton, Maryland.
- Devils Food Cake Recipe: Made with chocolate cocoa, sugar, shortening, and eggs. Includes a white and a chocolate fudge frosting recipe.
- Dr Pepper Texas Chocolate Cake: Includes brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, Dr Pepper, chocolate chips, and buttermilk.
- Drunken Chocolate Cake: Rich chocolate rum cake frosted with bittersweet chocolate glaze and topped with chantilly cream.
- Election Day Cake: Old New England recipe; similar cakes were being made in the 1800's.
- Fudge Pudding Cake: An easy, one-bowl cake spread in a pan with a thin, boiling mixture of sugar, cocoa, coffee, and water poured on top.
- German Chocolate Cake: German Culture: Six different recipes for the cake.
- Grand Marnier Chocolate Cake: Garnish with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
- Helene's Chocolate Cake from GourmetSleuth.com: Easy to make, rich, dark chocolate single layer cake.
- Irresistible Chocolate Cake: Recipe from The Sampson Eagon Inn Bed and Breakfast, Staunton, Virginia.
- Jamaican Chocolate Cake: Calls for a Jamaican spice mix made with thyme, curry powder, cumin, allspice, ginger, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
- Killer Chocolate Cake: Made with cocoa powder and coffee.
- Mashed Potato Chocolate Cake: The potatoes add body and help to keep the cake moist without adding any flavor of their own.
- Mississippi Mud Cake: Made with cocoa, coffee and a little bourbon.
- Mocha Pound Cake: Very dense, very moist, and very chocolate cake.
- Molten Chocolate Cakes: Cake with a truffle center.
- Mounds Cake: Made with a chocolate cake mix and a marshmallow-coconut filling.
- Porcupine Truffle Cake: Filled cake resembling a porcupine. Made with rum.
- Queen Anne's Cake: Made from a Chocolate Swiss or Devil's Food cake mix.
- Quick n Easy Chocolate Cake: Made with a Devil's food cake mix, brown sugar, cocoa, and miniature marshmallows.
- Red Velvet Cake Recipes: About the red velvet cake aka, Waldorf Astoria Cake. Includes several recipes.
- Red Velvet Cake and the Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax: Making classic red velvet cake with thick frosting, and how it relates to the very old cookie myth.
- Rocky Roadhouse Cake: Contains butterscotch pudding, chocolate cake mix, chocolate and butterscotch chips, and marshmallows.
- Saralee's Hot Chocolate Pudding Cake: Award winning Valentine's Day recipe. Serves 6.
- Sauerkraut Chocolate Cake: Moist cake recipe with whipped cream frosting instructions. Serves 12.
- Seven Layer Liqueur Cake: Made with chocolate spongecake, sandwiched with vanilla pastry cream, and doused with hazelnut liqueur.
- Toasted Almond Chocolate Cake: Layer cake covered with a smooth, not-too-sweet chocolatey frosting, then dressed up with the addition of toasted, slivered almonds all over the exterior.
- Triple Chocolate Cake: A chocolate cake frosted with a chocolate buttercream, then finished with a dark chocolate glaze.
- Turtle Cake: Made with a German chocolate cake mix and sweetened condensed milk..
- Wacky Cake: Sometimes called "Crazy Cake" or "Three Holes" cake, it is traditionally mixed in the baking pan, this recipe calls for mixing in a bowl.