Search Home : Home : Cooking : Canning and Freezing
- Sandy's Place: Recipes, information, and tips on home canning, freezing, and dehydrating.
- Apples: Preserving: Fact sheet explaining how to prepare apples for freezing or canning, also recipes for syrup for preservation, preserving without sugar, recipes for chutney and cinnamon apple rings.
- Basics for Canning Fruit: Instructions from an Ohio State University Extension fact sheet.
- Basics for Canning Vegetables: Pressure canning is the only safe method for home canning vegetables. This Ohio State University Extension fact sheet explains how.
- Buying Beef For The Freezer: Buying beef in large quantities can result in significant cost savings, this Ohio State University Extension fact sheet explains how.
- Canning Basics: This fact sheet explains why canning works, what causes food to spoil, and the importance of following directions carefully. From Ohio State University Extension.
- Canning Food Recipes.com: Canning and preserving recipes and information on preparing, cooking and processing fruits and vegetables.
- Canning Jars and Facts: A comprehensive site including information guide from the food authority, tips, timing chart, and canning forum
- Canning Meat, Poultry, and Game: Fact sheet from Ohio State University Extension.
- Canning Recipes: Browse 70+ canning recipes by ingredient, cuisine, and more; or use search to find something in particular. Each recipe includes complete nutritional information.
- Canning Tomato Products: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on canning, selection, acidification, preparation and processing.
- Canning Tomatoes: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on the topic.
- Canning Tomatoes: All tomato recipes.
- Canning, Drying and Freezing: Tips and instructions from National Food Safety Database.
- CanningPantry.com: Food Preservation Articles: Collection of food preservation articles on home canning, freezing, pickling and food dehydration.
- CanningUSA.COM: Step-by-step instructions for canning fresh, high quality products to save time and money including simple recipes for easy-to-make weekday meals.
- Clemson Extension: Home and Garden Information Center: Offers factsheets on food preservation and safety, including canning basics and equipment, freezing, preserving fruits and jellies, and food handling and storage.
- Colorado State Co-op: Facts, tips, and directions for freezing vegetables.
- Countryplace Recipes: Canning tips and a few recipes.
- Dinner in the Freezer: Frozen and once a month cooking, master mix recipes. From WebSeed Publishing Community.
- Food Preservation Resources: Publications on canning and freezing from the University of Wisconsin.
- Food Preservation and Food Safety: Outlines safety factors in preserving foods.
- Freezer Cooking from Suite101.com: Recipes and freezing instructions.
- Freezer Storage: Basic facts and downloadable Adobe Acrobat file containing "Tips on Freezing Home-Prepared Foods" and the "Freezer Storage Chart." From Ohio State University Extension.
- Freezing Basics: Fact sheet from Ohio State University Extension with a list of recommended books.
- Freezing Combination Main Dishes: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet offering information and tips on this topic.
- Freezing Fruits: Freezing fruits is simple, easy, and preserves more nutrients and a fresher flavor than dehydration or canning, if done properly. This fact sheet from Ohio State University Extension explains how.
- Freezing Meat, Poultry and Game: Fact sheet offering information on the topic.
- Freezing Vegetables: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on the process to follow to freeze safely. List of books included.
- Freezing Vegetables from Gardenguides: Instructions for freezing many popular vegetables and fruits.
- Freezing vegetables: A check list and instructions for freezing vegetables from New Mexico State University.
- Frozen Assets: How to cook for a day and eat for a month. A comprehensive site containing articles, recipes, complete meal plans, email discussion group, links.
- Home Canning Resources: Information and resources from About.com.
- Home Freezing of Cooked and Prepared Foods: Comprehensive freezing guide from the University of Nebraska with hints and recommendations.
- Home Preserving: Tips for preserving and pickling with recipes and links to more information.
- Homecanning.com: Offers tips and techniques, recipes and an e-mail newsletter.
- Homemade Maple Syrup: Directions for tapping, collecting, and making your own maple syrup.
- How Stuff Works: Preserving Food: An explanation of all the different ways used to preserve food from freezing to irradiation.
- How To Can and Freeze Fruits and Vegetables from your Garden: Explains how to store garden produce by canning or freezing. Includes syrup, jelly and relish recipes.
- Lesley's Recipe Archive: Canning Recipes: Recipes for pickles, relish, and jams, plus a tips and techniques page for boiling water canners.
- Making Fruit Spreads - Preserve It Right: Basic directions on how to make jams, jellies, marmalades, preserves, and conserves.
- Mountain Breeze Home Canning: Canning recipes from Kentucky.
- NDSU Extension Freezing Tips: Answers to commonly asked questions about freezing produce. From North Dakota State University.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation: Information on home food freezing, drying, canning, pickling, and smoking for home preservers and educators. Includes publications and seasonal tips.
- Noll's Home Canning and Freezing: Paul and Bernice Noll share their recipes and tips. Some have step-by-step illustrated instructions.
- Pepper Fools: A large collection of canning recipes using Chile peppers.
- Pickled Crab Apples: Basic recipe using hot water bath method.
- Picklenet: A guide to pickling and preserving offering recipes, techniques, advice, links, and a bulletin board.
- PreserveFood.com: Presents methods for preserving food by canning, freezing, dehydrating and vacuum sealing. Also includes safety tips.
- Preserving Pie Fillings: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet offering recipes and canning information.
- Quality for Keeps: Directions and recipes for canning meat, fish and poultry safely.
- Recipelink Canning and Preserving: The Recipe Link offers canning and preserving recipes, message boards, and canning safety articles.
- Squash Pickles: Calls for eight cups of any kind of summer squash.
- Strub Family Brine Recipe: Simple recipe to try pickling at home.
- Successful Home Canning: An easy to follow guide for home canning.
- Unsafe Canning Methods: What not to do when canning foods from the University of Wisconsin.