Search Home : Home : Cooking : Fish and Seafood
- A Pocket Guide to Care and Handling of Fish from Stream to Table: Tips for the proper handling of fish on the water, care in cleaning, storage, preparation and preservation; from the North Dakota State University Extension Service.
- Arctic Char with Savory Stuffing and Hollandaise: Recipe using char, puff pastry, pepper, onion, and parsley. Includes directions for making hollandaise sauce.
- Aussie Beer Batter Fish: Fish fillets dipped in batter made with flour and beer, and deepfried.
- Australian Grilled Fish: Fish steaks marinated in lime, ginger, and pepper, then grilled. From Lisa's Cooking Cache.
- Baked Fish: Oven baked fish topped with tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Baked Fish Fillets: A simple recipe using fish, butter, and lemon juice.
- Baked Fish Relleno: Fish fillets baked with green chile peppers, ranch dressing, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Baked Fresh Sardines: Sardines baked with lemons, thyme, and wine.
- Baked Walleye: Walleye fillets baked with onion, green pepper, celery, and vegetable juice. From Lisa's Cooking Cache.
- Barbecued Fish: Fish fillets marinated with lemon juice, honey, and chutney, then grilled.
- Barbecued Wrapped Fish: Mullet wrapped in foil with butter, onion, and fennel and grilled.
- Blackened Redfish: Redfish coated with seasonings and cooked in a cast-iron skillet over very high heat.
- Broiled Mullett Casserole: Made with mullett, orange juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, broccoli, and cheese.
- Broth-Poach Fish: A simple recipe for cooking fish in the microwave.
- Browned-Butter Skate: Sauteed skate served with butter-caper sauce. May use cod for variation. From Better Homes and Gardens.
- Cajun Mahi Mahi with Fruit Salsa: Mahi Mahi served with a cantaloupe, grape and kiwi salsa.
- Calamari: Calamari sauteed with garlic, parsley, anchovies, clam juice, tomato, and orcchiette pasta.
- Captain's Choice Tilapia: Tilapia fillets dipped in sour cream and nuts, and microwaved.
- Captain's Shells: Fish in white sauce served on shells.
- Cheesy Island Fish: Recipe using fish fillets, Thousand Island dressing, and crushed cheese crackers.
- Chili Seasoned Fish Sticks: Fish coated with cornmeal and chili powder and baked. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Coated Fried Fish Fillets: A simple recipe for making fried fish.
- Coconut Fish Curry: Recipe using fish, shallots, garlic, cinnamon, tamarind, and coconut. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Cold Boiled Perch with Mayonnaise Sauce: Poached perch is spread with a mayonnaise, caper, and hot sauce dressing.
- Creole Fish Casserole: Fish microwaved with corn and herbs.
- Crunchy Fish: Marinated fish microwaved with butter and lemon juice.
- Curried Eel: Recipe using eel, onion, and curry; served with rice. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Deep-Fried Fish: A basic recipe for deep-frying fish fillets.
- Deep-Fried Smelts: Fresh smelts dipped in milk, coated with flour, and deep-fried.
- Deviled Fish: An oven casserole made with fish fillets, garlic, onion, milk, cottage cheese, and curry powder. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Dijon Broiled Flounder: A simple recipe calling for flounder, Dijon mustard, and cherry tomatoes.
- Dough for 'Fish and Chips': Basic recipe for making batter for deep-fried fish.
- Egg-Shaped Pike: Recipe using pike, wine, onion, butter, and milk.
- English-Style Fish'N Chips: Fish fillets dipped in beer batter and deep-fried.
- Finnan Haddie Recipes: A small collection of recipe for cooking finnan haddie, from FreeRecipe.org.
- Fish Baked with Sesame Seed: Perch or other white fish baked with onion, sesame seeds, and garlic.
- Fish Cakes: Recipe using potatoes, cooked fish, celery, and breadcrumbs.
- Fish Cakes: Made with fish fillets, mashed potatoes, lemon juice, and herbs.
- Fish Cakes: Made with fish fillets, onion, and cornflake crumbs and pan-fried. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Fish Creole-Style: A simplified version using fish, tomato juice, bell pepper, and onion.
- Fish Dish in a Jiffy: A fast recipe using frozen fish, heavy cream, and Gruyere cheese.
- Fish Fillets Chinese-Style: A microwave recipe calling for fish fillets, soy sauce, lemon juice, and fresh ginger.
- Fish Fillets Creole-Style: Recipe calling for fish fillets, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Fish Fillets English-Style: A simple microwave recipe using fish fillets, lemon, and butter.
- Fish Fillets Meuniere: Microwaved fish fillets served with a butter and caper sauce.
- Fish Fillets Stuffed with Lemon: Baked fish fillets served with a lemony chive sauce.
- Fish Fillets Stuffed with Spinach Pesto: Fish fillets spread with a mixture of spinach, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese, then rolled and baked.
- Fish Fillets Veronica's-Style: Turbot fillets baked in wine and served with a green grape sauce.
- Fish Fillets with Braised Celery: Fish fillets sprinkled with dill seeds and celery seeds. Includes recipe for braised celery.
- Fish Fillets with Cream of Tomato Soup: Fish fillets baked with onion and tomato soup.
- Fish Fillets with Vegetables: Recipe calling for frozen fish fillets, apple juice, dry onion mix, carrots, and zucchini.
- Fish Japanese-Style: Microwave-poached fish served with a sesame seed sauce.
- Fish Poached in Milk: A simple microwave recipe using fish, milk, and butter.
- Fish Steak with Onion: Swordfish or shark baked with wine and onions.
- Fish Steaks or Thick Fillets with Mustard: Fish marinated with lemon juice, dill, and mustard, then barbecued.
- Fish Sticks: Directions for thawing and microwaving fish sticks. Includes recipes for six sauces.
- Fish Stock: Made with fish scraps, onion, celery, and bay leaves.
- Fish Wrapped in Fig Leaves with Red Wine Sauce: Sea bass, salmon or halibut fillet in fig leaves, served with a red wine, onion, celery, carrot, and butter sauce.
- Fish and Chips: Fish fillets dipped in an ale batter and deep-fried. Served with fried potatoes and malt vinegar.
- Fish in Hot Fanny Sauce: Fish steaks served with a pepper, pecan, and lemon sauce.
- Ginger-Honey Amberjack: Amberjack coated with honey and ginger, then grilled.
- Golden Baked Whitefish: Fish fillets baked with mayonnaise, dill and onion juice. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Green Pepper Turbot: Made with turbot fillets, green peppercorns, wine, lemon, and cream.
- Grilled Fish Fillets, Pickled Fennel Strips: Recipe calling for blood oranges, fennel, grilled fish fillets, and sweet red pepper.
- Grilled Mackerel: Mackerel marinated with lemon juice and broiled.
- Grouper Barbecue: Grouper basted with butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice while barbecuing.
- Guam Style Fish: Deep fried fish fillets served with bamboo shoots, straw mushrooms, and peas. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Have It Your Way Seafood Casserole: A basic recipe using pasta, cream soup, cheese, and canned tuna, shrimp, or crab. From RecipeSource.
- Hazelnut Crusted Sturgeon with Blackberry Barbecue Sauce: Made with sturgeon filets, toasted hazelnuts, blackberries, sun-dried tomatoes, and blackberry syrup. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Hockey Night Seafood: Made with haddock, clams, scallops, potatoes, and cream.
- Home Preservation of Fish: Fact sheet from Ohio State University on how to freeze, can, and smoke fresh fish.
- Honey Grilled Fish: Fish marinated in honey, lime juice, soy and hoisin sauces, then grilled. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- How To Smoke Fish: A how-to smoke fish guide for three types of smoked fish. Hot-smoking, Cold-smoking and making lox are covered.
- How to Poach Thin Fish Fillets: A microwave recipe using fish fillets, butter, and cream.
- Italian Fish Rollups: Fish fillets rolled with onion and green beans, baked in a tomato sauce. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Jalapeno Fish Fillets with Couscous: Broiled fish served with couscous, carrots, zucchini, and a jalapeno pepper jelly sauce.
- Kipper Patties, Dill Sauce: A microwave recipe using kipper, rice, cheese, and breadcrumbs. Served with a sour cream and dill sauce.
- Kiwifruit & Pepper Saute with Whitefish: Baked whitefish served with pepper and kiwi sauce.
- Lemony Sea Bream: Bream baked with lemon slices.
- Louisiana Plaice Fillets: A microwave recipe calling for plaice, onion, crabmeat, and cream.
- Mackerel in Gin and Grapefruit Sauce: Mackerel marinated with grapefruit, onion, and gin, then grilled. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Marinated Fried Fish: Fried fish marinated with chiles, garlic, and olive oil. Served chilled.
- Marinated Herring: Herring marinated with dill, vinegar, and dry mustard.
- Marinated Herring Fillets: Recipe calling for herring, onions, carrot, vinegar, and wine.
- Marinated Mackerel in Tea: Mackerel baked with bay leaves, cider vinegar and black tea; served chilled. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Marinated Smoked Herring Fillets: Made with smoked herring, onions, garlic, and wine vinegar. Served chilled.
- Milk-Poached Fish: Fish poached with milk in the microwave.
- Ocean Perch and Pine Nuts: Perch fillets grilled on lemon slices, served with toasted pine nuts.
- Oriental-Style Fish Brochettes: Marinated haddock and salmon placed on skewers and barbecued.
- Oven Baked Fish Fillets: Fish baked with cream of mushroom soup and carrots.
- Oven Baked Fish Fillets: Recipe using fish, garlic mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese.
- Paella: Made with mussels, lobster, shrimp, chicken, pork, pepperoni, rice, saffron, and wine.
- Parmesan Coated Swordfish: The swordfish in this recipe is coated in parmesan bread crumbs and spices then seared to lock in the flavor and to keep it from drying out. It is then baked for final cooking.
- Parmesan Fish: Baked fish fillets coated with Parmesan cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Pastis Flavored Royal Sea Bream: Bream stuffed with fresh thyme and rosemary, and baked with lemon juice, pastis, wine, saffron, and chiles.
- Perch Sesame: Perch coated with flour and sesame seeds and fried.
- Pickled Herring: Herring marinated with vinegar, sugar, bay leaves, and ginger.
- Pike Fillets from Lake St-Louis: Pike dipped in breadcrumbs, topped with Cheddar cheese and baked.
- Pike in Broth: Pike poached in broth and served with a butter sauce.
- Pike with Caper Sauce: Microwaved pike served with a caper and anchovy sauce.
- Pike with Sour Cream: Pike cooked in a microwave with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Plaice with White Wine: Plaice cooked in a microwave with wine and mushrooms.
- Poached Fish with Orange Sauce: Fish fillets on cucumber slices with an orange juice and carrot sauce.
- Pompano Recipes: Information about this species and a handful of recipes including Pompano Almondine and Pompano with mango beurre blanc.
- Red Hake and Whiting Information and Recipes: Recipes for this fish served baked, or with orange or cognac sauce. Includes short discussion of the similarities of these two species.
- Rockfish Braised in Apple Juice: Accompanied by wilted baby spinach with pinenuts and golden raisins, serving four.
- Salmon and Lake Trout Recipes: Recipes for grilled or fried fish fillets, fish dip, and Captain Al's Fish Boil.
- Sardine Recipes: Recipes using sardines for breakfast, lunch, supper, and parties.
- Seafare Saute: Fish fillets sauteed with onions, carrots, green pepper, and tomatoes.
- Seafood Tetrazzini: Microwave recipe using tuna, shrimp or crabmeat, cream of mushroom soup, elbow macaroni, and Parmesan cheese. From RecipeSource.
- Shad Moroccan-Style: Recipe for fried shad sprinkled with fresh parsley and coriander, and saffron.
- Smoked Fish From A to Z: Topics include selecting and cleaning, curing, hot smoked method, and cold smoked method.
- Steamed Fish Oriental-Style: A simple microwave oven recipe calling for fish steaks and lemon juice.
- Stuffed Hakes, Poached in White Wine: Hake stuffed with onions, garlic, and breadcrumbs and oven poached in wine.
- Swordfish and Pineapple Skewers on Cous Cous: Swordfish, onions, and red bell peppers are placed on skewers, marinated overnight in Hoisin sauce, soy, ginger, garlic and rice wine vinegar, then grilled and served with Cous Cous.
- Teriyaki Seafood and Peach Kabobs: Kabobs of salmon, peach, zucchini and onion. May use halibut or nectarines for variation.
- Thai Fish Cakes: White meat fish mixed with red curry, kaffir lime leaves, and ling beans, made into patties and fried.
- Thai-Style Swordfish Steaks: Swordfish marinated with soy, brown sugar and cumin then cooked in the microwave.
- Thousand Layers of Fish: A combination of thinly sliced fish, onions, tomatoes, and butter lettuce.
- Tropical Swordfish: Swordfish marinated in pineapple and lime juices, garlic and lime zest before grilling. The topping made with pineapple, mango, red bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper, may be made a day ahead of serving.
- Turbot Feta Cheese Shells: Turbot, mushrooms, and feta cheese served in individual shells or dishes.
- Tuscan Cuttlefish with Greens: Recipe calling for cuttlefish, spinach, tomatoes, and red peppers. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Water-Poached Fish: A simple recipe for poaching fish in a microwave oven.
- Winter Fish Wrap: Fish wrapped with lemon in cabbage leaves and steamed. Includes recipes for Black-eyed Peas and Red Cabbage Slaw.
This category in other languages: