Search Home : Home : Cooking : Herbs and Spices
- A Pinch Of: Creative information and recipes about culinary herbs and spices.
- Allspice: Short discussion and list of uses.
- Angelica: Information and how to preserve this herb which is a popular flavouring for confectionery and liqueurs
- Asian Ingredients: Information and uses of spices in many cuisines including Thai, Korean, Phillipino, Chinese, Japanese, and Kosher.
- Basil: A old recipe for aromatic seasoning taken from a book published in 1931, written in fairy old English.
- Better Homes and Gardens : Spices: Find out which spices are perfect for certain types of foods and create a tasty meal for you and your family! Also, learn a few tricks for substituting dried herbs and spices.
- Blue Sky Farm Recipes: Traditional and vegetarian recipes flavored with herbs, and information on growing and using herbs.
- Botanical.Com Index of Recipes: An index of assorted recipes using herbs and other basic food stuffs.
- Cardamom: Brief introduction as well as some Scandinavian recipes using cardamom.
- Cardamom: Short discussion and list of uses.
- Chili Recipes at Recipezaar: Recipes featuring chili
- Cilantro from GourmetSleuth: Recipes and an article discussing the history, uses, and nutrition of the leaves of the coriander plant which is also known as Chinese parsley.
- Cooking with Herbs: Recipes and tips from the Fredericksburg Herb Farm in Fredericksburg, Texas.
- Cooking with Herbs: Recipes for appetizers, condiments, soups, and main courses using fresh herbal ingredients.
- Cooking with Herbs 1 2 3: Tips for the beginner on how to get to know culinary herbs. In depth information on six must have perennial herbs.
- Coriander: Recipe from a book published in 1931, for curry powder.
- Culinary Herb FAQ: All you ever wanted to know - and ask on a newsgroup - more often than once a month - about culinary herbs. A FAQ for rec.gardens, alt.folklore.herbs, and the culinary herblist.
- Cyberspace Grill Herb and Spice Index: A descriptive index of 48 herbs and spices, such as Basil, Cumin, Coriander, and Lemongrass. Descriptions include photos and history.
- Edible Flowers: Information and photographs of edible flowers, and how to use them in cooking.
- Epazote at About.com: Learn about the good and bad of epazote as well as recipes that include the pungent herb.
- Epazote by Gourmetsleuth: The leaves of this plant are also known as Mexican tea. The article discusses history, uses, nutrition and includes recipes.
- Epicentre Exotic Spice Recipes: Spices and ethnic cuisines with tested recipes, an encyclopedia of spices, and spice usage and history.
- Fresh Herb Tips and Hints: Suggestions for using individual and mixed herbs. from Shenandoah Growers.
- Gardening For All Seasons: Cooking with herbs information and recipes.
- Gernot Katzer's Spice Pages: Reference information about more than 100 herbs and spices, plus their usage in ethnic cuisines.
- Great American Spice Company: Over 27,000 recipes in this index.
- Greenline: A Kitchen Herb Garden: Tips for growing useful herb gardens and recipe for fresh herb butter.
- Guide to Culinary Salts from GourmetSleuth: A cook's guide to culinary salt including descriptions, photographs and suggested substitutions.
- Herb Information from AsiaRecipe: Information, uses, history and recipes.
- Herb Recipes: Jefferson County Master Gardeners. Collection of recipes.
- Herb and Spice Chart: Tells which foods seasonings go best with.
- Herbs: Pictures and descriptions of common herbs used in cooking.
- Herbs and Spices: Outline of a numbers of spices with graphics of each.
- Herbs and Spices by Ron Lunde: An index of about 50 herbs and spices, with background information, uses, recipes and growing information.
- Herbs in the Kitchen: Recipes using herbs, edible flowers and produce. Dressings, marinades, salads, vegetables, meats, poultry, seafood, drinks and desserts.
- Indian Curry Company: Resource for Indian cooking, choose from one of several hundred recipes.
- Indian Delicacies: Spices and spice powders for Indian cooking like garam masala, rasam powder and sambhar powder.
- Jalapeno Madness: Dedicated to the world's greatest chili pepper. Recipes, links and information.
- Kitchen Herbalist Recipes: Food, beverage, body and home care recipes using herbs, including Cinnamon Mint Tea and Summer Salad with Heather Vinaigrette. .
- L'Aquila Saffron: Provides history and uses.
- Lemon Grass: Also know as Takrai, it is popular in Thai and Vietnamese cooking. How to grow, use, and store.
- Lesley's Herb Garden: List of commonly home grown herbs and how to harvest, preserve and them.
- Make your own herbal vinegars: Create herbal vinegars for cooking and adding flavor, beauty treatments and for medicinal uses.
- New England Herb Company: Information, benefits, and recipes on using fresh herbs from a New England company that provides fresh herbs to supermarkets.
- Nurse Mary-Bell's Herb Popovers: Simple recipe using cayenne pepper, minced fresh parsley, and dried thyme.
- Pepper Fool: Many spicy recipes, restaurant reviews, and chili information.
- Saffron: Presents assorted information on the subject.
- Saffron by Gourmetsleuth: Stigmas of the crocus sativa flower. The article discusses the history, uses, nutrition, and includes equivalents, substitutions, and recipes.
- Salsify: Recipe for soup, or served baked, with cheese, or stewed. From a book published in 1931.
- Schwartz: Search database of spicy recipes and special offers from this UK spice company.
- Seasoned Pioneers: Exotic and authentic spice blends, chillies, spices and specialist culinary ingredients of every major world cuisine. Information and advice on usage together with many recipes.
- Selecting, Storing and Using Fresh Herbs: A fact sheet on the topic, from Ohio State University Extension. Includes practical table of culinary herb uses.
- Sheila's Herb Patch: Includes recipes and seasoning suggestions, with brief descriptions and photos of various herbs.
- Spice & Herb Encyclopedia: Created by the Culinary Café , this site offers general descriptions, geographical sources, traditional ethnic uses, taste and aroma, history and region of origin, and creative uses of over forty spices and herbs.
- SpiceAdvice: An informative site about spices, including a spice encyclopedia, usage tips and seasonal recipes.
- Starchefs: Edible Flowers: A listing of recipes using edible flowers as ingredients.
- The Herb Garden -- Drying Herbs: Fact sheet from University of Illinois Extension on this topic.
- The Zen Herbs Co: A portal for information about herbs and spices from around the world. Includes an interactive garden, and advice.
- Thewisegardener.com: Tropical cooking and gardening with spices and herbs.
- Wasabi: How to grate a green/fresh/raw wasabi with a sharkskin grater for bringing the best fragrance.
- Wild Greek Oregano - All About: About, History and Uses of wild Greek oregano, the perennial herb Origanum vulgaris.
- rocoto.com: A Website dedicated to collecting, growing, eating, and preserving South American chile peppers