Search Home : Home : Cooking : Safety
- Australian Food Safety Web: Provides tips, facts and information.
- CDC: FAQ - Botulism: Presents facts and information.
- Canadian Partnership for Consumer Food Safety Education: National association of public and private organizations committed to educating Canadians about the ease and importance of food safety in the home.
- Clemson Extension: Food Safety for the Chronically Ill: Factsheet covering foods to avoid, safe handling and preparation, and eating in restaurants.
- Culinary.net: On the Safe Side: Article on a number of safety in the kitchen subjects.
- Cyberdiet's Food Facts: A fact sheet about kitchen safety.
- Facts about Food Irradiation: Information from the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- Fight Bac!: Information about cross-contamination and how bacteria spreads.
- Fire and Hot Oil Safety in the Kitchen: Tips for safely using deep fat fryers and working around the stove.
- Food Irradiation: Asserts that the process is unsafe, and was originally approved based on flawed research.
- Food Irradiation - Frequently Asked Questions: How it's used, what safety precautions are in place, and what benefits it brings. From the US Centers for Disease Control.
- Food Preservation and Safety: Extensive information presented from Clemson University.
- Food Safe Program: A comprehensive collection of US based food safety links and contacts, and a growing collection of documents on most areas of concern.
- Food Safety: Includes information on the prevention of foodborne illness such as proper cooking temperatures and handling of foods.
- Food Safety: Food safety lessons, references, and glossary from Iowa State University's Food Safety Project.
- Food Safety: Series of factsheets from the University of Florida.
- Food Safety Consortium: Information about and reports on the subject.
- Food Safety Education and Consumer Information: Information from the United States Department of Agriculture on safe food handling and preparation procedures.
- Food Safety Info Line: Series of factsheets about the safe handling of food. Also provides a hotline to call with questions.
- Food Safety Monitor: Provides information about meat recalls and meat alternatives from news sources, articles, and government information.
- Food Safety Project: Information from Iowa State University on handling foods for tailgate parties and picnics.
- Food Safety and Quality: Frequently asked questions about food preparation, storage, and other food safety issues.
- Food Safety and Quality: Presents a list of study material.
- Foodborne Illness: Guess Who Came to Dinner?, HYG-5570-98: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet providing basic information on the subject.
- Gateway to US Government Food Safety Information: Provides links to selected government food safety-related information. Most US government web sites are listed.
- Greenline: National Food Safety Month: From the University of Illinois Extension, information on the food label dates such as the expiry date.
- Holiday Meats: Safe food preparation, roasting times and temperatures for many kinds of meat and poultry.
- Home Food Safety: Lists common sources of infection in food and invites questions by email.
- Home Food Safety...It's in Your Hands: Site offers extensive information on the subject.
- Kitchen Safety: Presents basic safety rules.
- Knife Safety: Tips to safely work with kitchen knives and the other sharp edges around the kitchen.
- MeatUK.com: Meat Hygiene: Safe handling of meat in the home.
- National Center for Food Safety and Technology: Information about this consortium of food companies, the U.S Food and Drug Administration, and the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- National Food Safety Database: An educational `resource` put together by the National Food Safety Database team, United States Department of Agriculture, and the University of Florida. It has a database of industry and consumer information, and news on safety issues from around the world.
- Non toxic Alternatives to Chlorine (foodsafety): Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy's "Chlorine" conference email list.
- OurFood: Information on contents of packaged food.
- Programme of Food Safety and Food Aid/Food Safety Unit, WHO: Information about the organization.
- Refrigerator Storage, HYG-5403-94: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet providing basic information on the subject.
- ScientificAmerican: Is It Safe to Eat?: Discussion and links on assorted food safety issues.
- Texas Beef Council: Food safety facts and information.
- Turkey Safety: Basic tips on how to thaw, stuff, cook, and store turkey properly.
- USDA/FDA Foodborne Illness Education Information Center: Information and discussion of the issues.