Search Home : Home : Cooking : Sandwiches : Cold
- Anti Pasto Salad Sandwich: An Italian inspired sandwich prepared ahead of time.
- Avocado & Prawn Sandwich: Cooked prawns tossed gently in mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and ketchup, then garnished with fanned avocado.
- Bacon Avocado Sandwich: Made with bacon, onion, Swiss cheese, and avocado on sun dried tomato bread.
- Bacon, Lettuce and Cantaloupe Sandwiches: A sweet and salty sandwich with honey.
- Baguette with Pesto, Peppers, Cheese and Prosciutto: May be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Banana & Bacon Sandwich: Made with crushed bananas, apple and bacon slices.
- Banana & Nut Sandwich: Made with banana, grape pulp, pecans and orange served on buttered white or dark bread.
- Bat Sandwiches: Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pimiento, and pecans spread on bread cut into bat shapes.
- Bavarian Beef Sandwich: Sliced beef served on rye bread spread with cream cheese, sour cream, and horseradish.
- Black Forest Bagel Sandwich: A breakfast sandwich with honey walnut cream cheese and pineapple rings.
- Black Forest Turkey Ham and Cheese on Rye: Marinated onions top smoked turkey ham with Muenster cheese.
- Bologna Salad Sandwiches: A traditional ham salad recipe created with bologna.
- Breakfast Open Sandwich: Made with raisin bread, ricotta cheese and fruit.
- Caprese Sandwich: A traditional Italian combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzerella and fresh basil served on focaccia.
- Cheese Salad Sandwiches: Created from shredded cheese mixed with pickle relish and hard boiled eggs.
- Cheese and Ham Sandwich: Ham and cheese salad spread and tomato slices on rye bread.
- Cheese and Walnut Sandwich: Recipe includes walnuts, apples, cucumbers, lettuce and tomato slices.
- Chef Rick's Muffaletta Sandwich: A garlic, salami and olive filled loaf of Italian bread.
- Chicken Cashew Curry Luncheon Sandwich: Made with shredded chicken, cashews, and grapes, served in a croissant.
- Chicken Sandwiches with Chive Butter: A slightly spicy chilled chicken with watercress on buttered bread.
- Chicken Satay Sandwich: Made with chicken, peanut butter, mango chutney, and dried apricots.
- Chicken Stuffed Salad Rolls: Buttered rolls stuffed with a mixture of cheese, hard-boiled eggs, and chicken.
- Chicken and Broccoli Sandwich: Made with diced chicken and broccoli flowerets.
- Cobb Sandwich: Tomatoes, kalamata olives, bacon, turkey, avocado, blue cheese, bell pepper, and onion, served on bagguettes. May be made ahead and kept in refrigerator or cooler.
- Country Ham Sandwiches: Sliced ham and cheese served on whole wheat bread.
- Country Picnic Sandwich: Recipe from Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast, Paso Robles, California on the Internet Cookbook. Sandwich includes goat cheese, wild greens, eggplant and zucchini.
- Crab Salad Sandwiches: A low-fat sandwich with celery and seafood seasoning.
- Croissant Sausage Sandwiches: Polish sausage and gouda cheese served in croissants.
- Curried Chicken Sub Sandwiches: Diced cooked chicken mixed with mayonnaise, celery, curry, and sour cream served on a roll.
- Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches: Curry powder and dried currants flavor this egg salad.
- Dagwood Bumstead Sandwich: Sandwich piled high with spaghetti, fish, and eagle talons as only a comic book character could appreciate.
- Deli Seafood Sandwich: Crab mixed with celery and onion, served on round sandwich buns.
- Dried Beef Sandwiches: Chopped beef mixed with green pepper, mayonnaise, ketchup mustard and worcestershire sauce.
- Eggplant and Arugula Sandwiches: Served with a chickpea spread.
- Fish 'n Kraut Sandwich: Flaked fish mixed with sauerkraut, dill pickles, mayonnaise, and horseradish, served on rye bread with Swiss cheese.
- Flank Steak Sandwich with Horseradish Sauce: Sliced steak, lettuce, and tomatoes piled on Kaiser rolls spread with a yogurt horseradish sauce.
- Focaccia Deli Sandwich: Made with salami, ham, cheese, pepperoncini, and olives. Includes recipe for herbed focaccia.
- Frosted Sandwich Bread: Made with an unsliced loaf of bread and four fillings, covered with cream cheese.
- Frozen Cheese Sandwich: Made with cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and chopped nuts.
- Fruit Sandwich: Cottage cheese mixed with fruit and slivered almonds.
- Garden Chicken Sandwiches: Made with chicken, onions, and sweet pickles.
- Half-Time Beef Sandwiches: Sliced beef served on Kaiser rolls spread with cream cheese, horseradish, and walnuts.
- Ham & Honey Pear Glazed Sandwich: This site has many different kinds of recipes for food. One of the best recipe sites on the internet.
- Ham Crushed Pineapple Sandwich: Ham mixed with pineapple and cottage cheese, spread on bread slices.
- Ham in a Bun: Cream cheese, ham, orange peel and brown sugar fill a hard roll.
- Marinated Chicken Vegetable Sandwich: Grilled chicken with cucumber, squash, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Mediterranean Sandwiches: Cucumber and alfalfa sprouts on French bread spread with mixture of garbanzo beans, sesame seeds, garlic and lemon juice.
- Mexican Hero Sandwiches: Toasted bolillos or taleras filled with egg-chorizo, ham and cheese, chicken or cheese with onion slices, tomato, and jalapeno chilies.
- Mile-High Muffuletta-Style Sandwich: Thinly sliced ham or turkey with cabbage on focaccia spread with a sour cherry relish.
- Nancy's Fabulous Muffaletta Sandwiches: Salami, cheeses, and proscuitto served on Italian bread spread with a garlic, olive, and red pepper relish.
- Onion Muffuletta Sandwich: Assorted deli meats and cheeses, served on a baguette spread with a Vidalia onion, green olives, and caper relish.
- Onion Sandwich: Onion slices served on challah or brioche cut in rounds.
- Open Faced Lobster Salad Sandwiches: Use frozen lobster tail for this recipe.
- Open-Face Egg Salad Sandwiches: Eggs are mixed with Dijon mustard, fresh thyme and alfalfa sprouts or radish sprouts.
- Open-Face Sandwiches: A number of suggested toppings for buttered bread, from GoNorway.
- Open-Face Sandwiches: A slice of freshly cut bread, thinly spread with butter, forms the basis for artfully arranged toppings and edible garnish. Several variations are presented.
- Open-Faced Strawberry Sandwiches: Cream cheese mixed with lemon rind and nuts, spread on brown bread and topped with chopped strawberries.
- Open-Faced Summer Sandwiches: Pesto, olives and fresh mint are served with tomatoes on rustic bread.
- Our American Hero: Made with roast beef, tomato, red onion and yellow bell pepper, on Italian or French bread spread with basil mayonnaise.
- Peanut Butter Pineapple Deluxe: Chunky peanut butter mixed with cream cheese, crushed pineapple and shredded carrot.
- Peanut Butter and Apple Sandwich: Grated apple and peanut butter spread between slices of bread.
- Peanut Butter, Apple and Bacon Sandwiches: A crispy sandwich served with alfalfa sprouts.
- Peanut, Bacon and Avocado Sandwich: Uses crunchy peanut butter and wholemeal bread.
- Pennsylvania Dutch Sandwiches: Swiss cheese, ham, and sauerkraut served on dark rye bread.
- Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches: Grated sharp cheese mixed with pimientos, worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and mayonnaise, served on white or whole wheat bread.
- Prosciutto and Brie Sandwiches: Served with a rosemary fig confit on ciabatta.
- Prosciutto, Goat Cheese and Fig Sandwiches: A sweet and mild recipe from Gourmet magazine.
- Prosciutto, Mozzarella, and Olive sanwiches: Served on parmesan focaccia with plum tomatoes.
- Prosciutto, Munster and Cumin Corn Bread Sandwiches: Room temperature sandwich is served wrapped in foil to keep it in one piece.
- Pumpernickle Bun Tomato Sandwich: A pumpernickle bun topped with lettuce, tomato slices, and avocado.
- Radish Sandwiches on Zucchini Basil Muffins: A breakfast or brunch sandwich with homemade muffins.
- Rapido Submarine Sandwich: Buns filled with cheese, sliced beef, green pepper, tomato, and mushrooms.
- Roast Beef Sandwiches With Blue Cheese Dressing: Chilled sandwiches are served with homemade dressing.
- Roast beef Sandwiches with Lemon-Basil Mayonnaise: Roasted red onions join roast beef on ciabatta.
- Roasted Shrimp and Prosciutto Sandwiches: Proscuitto and shrimp spread served on Italian bread.
- Roasted Vegetable and Feta Sandwich: Chopped grilled eggplant mixed with red peppers, combined with feta, placed in a round loaf country bread.
- Salade Nicoise Sandwich: Salad with red potatoes is stuffed into a baguette.
- Seafood Sandwiches: A seafood salad with cayenne pepper, prepared horseradish and chopped chives.
- Shrimp Louis Muffins: Shrimp and hard-boiled eggs on toasted English muffins spread with chilli sauce, mayonnaise, and horseradish.
- Shrimp Sandwiches with Barbecue Sauce: Homemade barbecue sauce tops shrimp salad on a bun.
- Shrimp, Corn and Red Pepper Salad Sandwiches: A Mexican inspired sandwich with Cilantro and lime.
- Simple Salmon Sandwiches: Canned salmon mixed with cream cheese, carrot, and celery. Served on Kaiser rolls.
- Smoked Salmon Smorrebrod: Open-faced sandwiches with cucumbers and scrambled eggs.
- Smoked Salmon and Chive Sandwiches: Sliced salmon served on pumpernickel spread with cream cheese, butter and lemon zest.
- Spicy Roast Beef Subs: Italian bread filled with lettuce, roast beef, salsa, tomatoes, and colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Springtime Stuffed Bread: An unsliced loaf filled with ham, cucumber, pepper, olives, and cottage cheese.
- Star Studded Sandwich: Star shaped bread is filled with roasted peppers, provolone, salami and marinated artichoke hearts.
- Steak Salad Sandwiches with Capers: Use leftover steak and arugula for this sandwich.
- Steak Sandwiches with Tomato Pesto: Sliced steak is served on sourdough bread.
- Submarine Sandwich: Swiss cheese, salami, ham, lettuce, tomatoes and onions served on French bread.
- Summer Sandwich: Made with ham, salami, swiss cheese, and coleslaw.
- Sweet Onion Muffuletta: A traditional Muffuletta is sweetened with Vidalia onion.
- Sweet Peppers 'Muffuletta': Made with red, green, and yellow peppers, olives, capers, salami, and Provolone and mortadella on Italian bread.
- Tangy Roast Beef Sandwich: French bread spread with horseradish sauce, cranberry sauce, and filled with sliced roast beef, broccoli, and cole slaw.
- Tarragon Lobster Salad: Serve on a hot dog bun for an Eastern Seaboard lobster roll.
- Toast with Bacon, Mexican-Style: Toast topped with bacon, chick peas, tomato slices, and cheese sauce.
- Tomato, Pickled Onion and Coriander Sandwiches: Homemade pickled onions are served on whole grain bread.
- Tomato-Mozzarella Sandwiches: Recipe using pizza dough to make the bread brushed with pesto and covered with cheese.
- Turkey and Watercress Club Sandwiches: Watercress is blended with mayonnaise for an unusual spread.
- Vegan/Vegetarian Hummus Surprise Sandwich: Made with hummus and assorted vegetables of choice, served open-faced.
- Vegetable Bagel Sandwich: Cheese, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, cucumber and red onion served on a bagel spread with basil mayonnaise.
- Veggie, Almond and Feta Sandwich: Zucchini, tomatoes, kalamata olives, bell pepper, onion, cucumber, feta cheese, and toasted almonds served on rolls or pita.
- Western Bologna and Bacon Sub: French bread filled with bologna and bacon.
- Zucchini Sandwich: Zucchini baked in a thyme and roasted garlic marinade is served on buttermilk bread.