Search Home : Home : Cooking : Soups and Stews : Fish and Seafood
- Alaska Halibut Chowder: A basic recipe calling for halibut, onions, green pepers, celery, carrots, and cheese.
- Alaska Pollock Chowder: A simple recipe calling for pollock fillets, onion, celery, tomatoes, and wine.
- Alaska Rockfish Stew: Made with rockfish fillets, green peppers, carrots, onion, and tomatoes.
- Authentic New England Fish Chowder: Simple and basic recipe using salt pork, haddock, milk, and butter.
- Bermuda Fish Chowder: Made with white fish, onion, celery, carrot, tomato, and hot sauce.
- Bluefish Chowder: Made with bluefish, potatoes, celery, and evaporated milk.
- Cape Cod Fish Chowder: Uses haddock, salt pork, potatoes and milk.
- Casamance Stew: Made with monkfish, sweet potatoes, onions, and bell pepper.
- Cauliflower and Sea Bass Chowder: Made with bacon, shallots, tomatoes, fish stock, cauliflower, and sea bass fillet.
- Chinese Minimal Fish Soup: Recipe calls for fresh fish sliced paper-thin, ginger root, bok choy, and lettuce. Includes nutritional information.
- Clear Fish Soup: Made with white fish fillets, chicken broth, sherry, bamboo shoots, and spinach.
- Conger (or Fish) Chowder: A Chilean recipe calling for eel, shrimp, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, seafood stock, and heavy cream.
- Creamy Fish Soup: Made with fish fillets, condensed cream of chicken soup, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Creole Fish Chowder: Recipe suggests using a moderately thick, comparatively boneless fish such as pompano or sheepshead, with salt pork, onions, potatoes, and milk.
- Creole Fish Soup: Simple recipe using red snapper, shrimp, tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Cullen Skink: A Scottish recipe for a rich soup using smoked haddock.
- Dried Fish Belly Soup- Kapaw Pla: Made with chicken, fish, and bamboo shoots.
- Eight Spiced Crispy Skinned Snapper: Fillets coated with spices, baked, then served in a soup bowl with enoki mushrooms and Thai hot and sour broth.
- Finnan Haddie and Watercress Soup: Made with smoked haddock, potatoes, watercress, and milk.
- Fish And Tofu Soup: Made in a wok using fish fillet and tofu.
- Fish Chowder: A recipe calling for fish fillets, potatoes, bacon, and milk.
- Fish Chowder with Whitefish: Made with whitefish fillets, potatoes, corn, and light cream.
- Fish One-Pot: Ingredients including white fish fillets, enoki mushrooms, tofu are cooked in broth by each diner.
- Fish Soup: Full recipe using fresh water fish, onions, tomato and green pepper. Includes three variations.
- Fish Soup: A fast recipe calling for fish fillets, tomatoes, frozen mixed vegetables, and hot pepper sauce.
- Fish Soup with Fennel: Full recipe using flounder and sour cream making six servings.
- Fish Soups & Chowders from Fishing Works: A large collection of recipes alphabetically indexed by species.
- Fish Stew: Snapper, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and white wine simmered in a slow cooker.
- Fish Stew: Recipe calling for flounder or cod, potatoes, fish stock, tomatoes, and wine.
- Fish Stew: Recipe using monkfish, or any dense white fish, ginger, cloves, garlic, chilies, tamarind, mushrooms, and potatoes.
- Fish Stew: Made with sole or haddock, potatoes, carrots, and chicken broth.
- Fish Stew: Made with red snapper, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Fish Stew with Herbs: Made with haddock, carrots, celery, plum tomatoes, fish stock, clam juice, and white wine.
- Fish and Bean Chowder: Full conversational-style recipe using dried or canned beans, potatoes, and fish fillets.
- Fish and Seafood Soups at Recipezarr: Over 100 seafood soup recipes with complete nutritional information provided.
- Fisherman's Soup: Made with halibut, tomatoes, saffron, and potatoes. From Recipe Source.
- Gefilte Fish: Fish balls made with ground fish, matzo meal, and eggs, cooked in fish broth. Served cold with horseradish. From Arielle's Recipe Archives.
- Gingery Sole and Watercress Soup: Made with sole fillets, fish stock, and watercress.
- Grayton Beach Grouper Soup: Grouper fillets with tomato sauce, and mushrooms. Includes nutritional information.
- Greek Fish Soup with Egg-Lemon Sauce: The fish is cooked in the soup, but served separately, in this recipe making five servings.
- Grey Trout [Touladi] Soup: Made with trout, potato, and heavy cream.
- Haddock Chowder: Basic recipe with detailed instructions.
- Halibut Stew: A microwave recipe using halibut, tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Hearty Fish Stew: Made with fish fillets, bacon, green breans, tomatoes, carrots, milk, and light cream.
- Hungarian Fish Soup: Recipe using freshwater fish, Hungarian peppers, and tomatoes.
- Icelandic Halibut Soup: A simple recipe calling for halibut steaks and prunes.
- Italian Fish Soup with Orzo: Recipe using sea bass or red snapper, fish stock and tomato paste.
- Italian Halibut Chowder: A full, scalable recipe using halibut steaks, tomatoes, and apple juice.
- Jamie's Halibut Chowder: Made with halibut, potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, and heavy cream.
- Madeira Squid Stew: Made with squid, hot and bell peppers, potatoes, fish stock, and white wine.
- Matelote: Recipe for a French fish chowder using eel, mushrooms, and wine.
- McCarthy Family Fish Chowder: An easy recipe using haddock, potatoes, salt pork, and milk..
- Mediterranean Fish Soup: A simple recipe using fish fillets, carrots, mushrooms, and stewed tomatoes.
- Monkfish Chowder: Made with monkfish, bacon, onions, potatoes, fish stock, corn, and light cream. Includes recipe for Creole seasoning.
- North Carolina Pine Bark Stew: Made with snapper, bacon, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Pacific Chowder: Very simple recipe using canned tuna, bacon, pepper, milk, and condensed cream of potato soup.
- Pan-Smoked Opah Chowder: Made with opah, crab, sundried tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms, black beans, corn, and spinach. Includes recipe for Saffron-Opah stock and technique for pan-smoked opah.
- Peter Wallace's Smoked Bluefish Chowder: Made with bluefish, fresh corn, bacon, and potatoes.
- Quick Oriental Fish Soup: Made with monkfish canned chicken with rice soup, and frozen broccoli.
- Red Snapper Cioppino: Recipe calling for red snapper, zucchini, fish stock, and wine.
- Red Snapper Soup: Made with red snapper fillets, potatoes, carrots, fish broth, and rice.
- Rockfish (Striped Bass)Chowder: Made with rockfish fillets, potatoes, creamed style corn, and milk.
- Russian Fish Soup: Recipe using white fish for a light first course serving six.
- Rustic Fish Stew: Made with Tilapia fillets, red bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- Scallop Chowder: Made with scallps, potatoes, and milk.
- Seafood Shumai in a Lemon Grass Broth: Seafood in wrappers cooked in a broth made with onion, jalapeno, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, and chicken stock.
- Seafood Soups and Stews from Sunset: A small selection of recipes for seafood soups and stews..
- Shark Stew: A basic recipe calling for shark, celery, tomato, and rice. May use other firm white fish for variation.
- Sicilian Tuna Soup: Made with canned tuna, zucchini, tomatoes, beans, and chicken stock.
- Sinigang Na Isda (Fish In Sour Soup): Made with halibut, eggplant, radish, and spinach.
- Smoked Trout Chowder: Made with smoked trout, vidalia onions, potatoes, and milk.
- Smoked Trout Chowder: Made with trout, cream of potato soup, and milk.
- Soup from the Islands: Recipe using sole, snow peas, mushrooms, and chicken broth; cooked in a microwave.
- Sour Fish Head Soup(Canh Chua Dau Ca): Made with fish head or carcass, sour bamboo, pineapple, and fish sauce.
- Squid and Chickpeas in Tomato Broth: Made with calamari, mussels, chickpeas, raisins, clam juice, tomato sauce, and spinach.
- Stew from Sorel Islands: Made with loaches, salt pork, carrots, potatoes, corn, peas, wax beans, tomato juice, and cream of tomato soup.
- Stewed Shark: Made with shark steak, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, and white wine.
- Stewed Tuna Fish: A Portuguese-style soup made with tomatoes, fresh tuna, white wine, and potatoes.
- Summertime Fish Soup: Made with haddock fillets, pepper, fennel seeds, tomato juice, and vegetable broth.
- Thai Tomato Fish Soup: Recipe calling for whitefish, stewed tomatoes, and coconut milk.
- Tomato Tuna Chowder: Made with canned tuna, rice, and peas.
- Trout Chowder: Made with trout, onion, ranch salad dressing, broccoli, and cheeses, in a slow cooker.
- Tuna Celery Chowder: Made with canned tuna and cream of celery soup.
- Tuna Chowder: A simple recipe using cream of potato soup and canned tuna.
- Tuna Tortellini Soup: Made with canned bream of broccoli and chicken broth soups, tortellini noodles, corn, and canned tuna.
- Tuna Vegetable Chowder: Made with canned tuna, carrots, celery, potatoes, and chicken stock.
- Tuna Vegetable Chowder: Made with canned tuna, onion, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Tuna Vegetable Chowder: Full recipe using canned tuna making six servings.
- Vatapa Fish Soup with Coconut Milk: Made with fish fillets, shrimp, jalapeno chilies, tomatoes, chicken stock, and coconut milk.
- Vietnamese Dilled Tomato-Fish Soup: Simple recipe calling for fish fillets, tomatoes, fish sauce, and celery stalks.
- White Fish Pieces In Soup: Made with fish, chicken stock, cucumber, and bean thread noodles.
- Whitefish Soup: Recipe calling for cubed whitefish, onion, potatoes, clam juice, wine wine, and heavy cream.