Search Home : Home : Cooking : Techniques
- 1,001 Tips From Great Cooks: A searchable database of cooking tips.
- 3Men With Nothing Better To Do: Techniques and recipes of barbecue, smoking, making sausage, jerky, and bacon, competition cooking, South African cooking, and roasting large animals.
- ABC's of Cooking: Offers tips for beginners, recipes and menus for home entertaining. Includes information on the preparation of appetizers, bread, barbeque, fish, pasta, and vegetables.
- About Chocolate: Techniques on how to cook with chocolate, recipes, shopping information, articles.
- Aki's Kitchen: Offers recipes, advice for cooks such as recipe management, how ingredients work, techniques, tips, and which tools are necessary for any home cook.
- Ask a Chef: Ask a professional chef for recipes, and food related questions, as well as cooking tips and restaurant based information.
- Azcentral.com : Cooking 101: Tutorial series features basic lessons that include kitchen organization, basic nutrition, food safety and preparation.
- Basics of Cooking Lessons: Features articles for beginners by Linda Larsen. Topics include information on following recipes, baking, food safety, meal planning and nutrition.
- Busy Cooks: Cooking information, methods, organization, and tips, provided by About.com.
- CSU Cooperative Extension Resource Center - High Altitude Food Preparation Guide: At altitudes above 3,000 feet preparation of food may require changes in time, temperature or recipe. Here is some advice.
- Chef Paul Prudhomme: Tips and tricks of cooking.
- Cook's Thesaurus: A cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions.
- Cook's Tools: Charts for measurement conversion, quantities and yields, common substitutions, candy making, can sizes, and roasting. From About.com.
- Cookery Online: Provides free information and resources on food, cookery and the hospitality industry. Includes recipes, know-how, and cooking tips and knowledge.
- Cooking Tips and Hints: Cooking glossary, hints, tips, tricks, and techniques from CDKitchen.
- Cooking With The Seasons from suite101.com: Information about seasonal foods, including history of a food item, how to choose it in the store, and how to store it.
- Cooks411: Cooking technique and food history.
- Culinary Q&A from Suite101.com: Answers to your questions about entertaining, cooking, recipes, and food.
- Epicurious: The Bon Appetit Cooking Class main page with selection of tips on how to cook various items.
- Epicurious: Five Fundamental Cooking Techniques: Features articles for beginners on braising, broiling, poaching, roasting and sautéing.
- Everyday Cook Glossary: Large selection of cooking terms presented.
- Extremechefs: Information provided by chefs and restaurants from around the globe. Access recipes, job listings, and menus.
- Fine Cooking Magazine: Presents tips, techniques, recipes, and articles from the magazine.
- Frugal Cooking Tutorials: Features lessons on bread baking and on the preparation of pasta sauce.
- Glossary from BBC Online: Listing of food and cooking terms.
- GourmetSpot.com - Cooking Tutorials: Article features links to information on basic skills and hints for the kitchen.
- Guide to Home Cooking: Information, food features cover history, usage, and many recipes for individual foods, cooking methods, and appliances, at About.com..
- How To Modify A Recipe: Fact sheet proposing a few ways to decrease the amount of fat, calories, sugar, and salt in recipes.
- Linda's Culinary Dictionary: A dictionary and history of cooking, food, and beverage terms.
- Lone Star Dutch Oven Society: Organization dedicated to preserving the art of Black Pot Cooking.
- Metric Conversions from GourmetSleuth: Conversion chart from American measurements to Metric.
- Mortar and Pestle (Molcajete) from GourmetSleuth: A brief history, description, types and uses this tool, including photographs and recipes such as pistou, guacamole, and salsa.
- Nutrition and Learning Resource List: United States Department of Agriculture listing of publications pertaining to diet and education information.
- Poaching: Discussion and tips on poaching food.
- Recipe Global Network: Recipe collections, recipe contests, fighting against world hunger.
- Recipe Q and A: Volunteer Chefs available to provide answers to nearly any cooking inquiry. A brief description of their field of expertise is listed to enable the user to ask the question to the appropriate chef.
- Roasting Guide: Interactive guide helps cooks determine how long to cook ham, poultry, lamb, beef and chicken, at Better Homes and Gardens..
- Roasting Timetable from GourmetSleuth: Chart for beef, veal, lamb, pork, and poultry.
- Science of Cooking: Recipes, activities, and webcasts are used to explain the science behind food and cooking.
- Smart Cook: Find message board, tips, recipes, and information on nutrition.
- SoYouWanna Stock Your Kitchen?: This full-length article discusses kitchen needs.
- The Basics from suite101.com: Offers articles, forums, and links related towards basic tips and advice.
- The Reluctant Gourmet: Guide for novices that includes recipes, techniques, and tips. Also features links to related sites.
- The Repertoire: Gourmet portal features recipes, message boards, chat, and links.
- The Saute Network: Food preparation techniques.
- Thrifty Living - Substitutions: Flavorings: List of substitutions, using other ingredients normally found in a kitchen.
- Tips from Cuisine Magazine: From the print magazine, tips and techniques ranging from the basic to the unusual and specific. Covers a wide range of dishes, garnishing and decorating, utensils and cookware, and general kitchen help.
- Watermelon Special Fruitcarving: Offers a gallery of unique watermelon sculptures.
- rec.food.cooking FAQ and Conversion File: Helps cooks from different countries communicate with one another.