Search Home : Home : Cooking : World Cuisines : African
- AFRICANrecipes: Mailinglist for African recipes.
- Afri Chef: African Recipes: Cookbook presentation with sample recipes, such as Pea Soup 'n Meat, and Wildebeeskastaiings.
- Africa - African Recipes: Collection of some fifteen recipes, organised bij course, at World Recipes.
- African Bean Soup: Recipe for a vegetarian African soup on Jim Barricks alcohol-free recipe site.
- African Chop: Listing of African markets and restaurants along with some recipes and a glossary of tropical foods.
- African Foods: School project describing African foods, with recipes from various countries.
- African Recipes: Collection of eleven recipes from the African Studies Centre at the University of Pennsylvania.
- African Recipes from Arielle's Recipe Archives: Variety of recipes from Aartappel Poeding to Zucchini Salad.
- African Red Dip With Shrimp (Ata Sauce With Shrimp): Recipe for a sauce, offered by Mega-Zine.
- African Shoko: Recipe for a beef stew, from Jerry's Diner.
- Afropop Worldwide Cookbook: Small collection of mainly African recipes.
- Amboli: Recipe for a traditional millet dish from Zimbabwe, from the FAO cookbook.
- Banana Shepherd's Pie: Recipe for a traditional dish from Ivory Coast, from the FAO cookbook.
- Beninese Food Recipes: Recipes for the most popular foods in Benin, West Africa.
- Betumi: Forum for discussing anything related to African food culture.
- Black African Recipes: A dozen recipes from Wali Wa Samaki (Fish Rice) to Kisamvu Na Karanga (Tapioca Leaves with Peanuts).
- Bogobe: Recipe for a traditional sorghum dish from Botswana, from the FAO cookbook.
- Burkina Faso: About fifty recipes for traditional dishes from Burkina Faso, from the FAO cookbook.
- Central African Republic: Recipes for Spinach Stew and Fufu.
- Chad (Africa): Recipe for a squash and peanut dish from Chad.
- Chef Kumale: Links to sites on African food.
- Chinaka: A traditional food of the Tumbuka people of Zambia in southern Africa, cooked from a tuber.
- Classics from West Africa's Cuisine: Recipe for four classics: Chicken Yassa, Jollof Rice, Groundnut Soup, and Yam Fufu.
- Cooking Recipes from Africa on the Internet: Links to African recipes on the internet from the African Studies department of Columbia University.
- Cooking for Fun: Small collection of African recipes for appetizers and main dishes.
- Cuisine from Swahili Online: Description of the cuisine with recipes for Biriani ya kuku, Samaki wa kupaka, Mbaazi za nazi, and Maandazi.
- Die Pos: Recipes - Resepte: Easy to prepare Out of Africa recipes from savouries to drinks in English and Afrikaans.
- Eating the Burundian Way: Brief overview with recipe for Bananas with Beans.
- Eating the Chadian Way: Brief overview with recipe for Dried Fish Gumbo.
- Eating the Rwandan Way: Brief overview with recipe for Isombe (cassava leaves with eggplant and spinach).
- Epicurious: African Recipe File: Offers 35 African recipes previously published in Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines.
- Eritrea - Cuisine: Description of the cuisine with ten recipes such as Tsebhi derho (spicy chicken) and Injera (flat bread).
- Eritrean Foods and Recipes: Introduction to Eritrean food culture with eight recipes such as Alicha and Eritrean Lentils.
- Ethnic Cuisine: Africa: Information on African cuisine and ingredients, with five recipes.
- Guinea Recipes: Recipes from the Friends of Guinea from Bissap Juice to Maffi Hakko.
- Kadzutsa (Food): Recipes for dishes from Malawi such as Nsima and Zitumbuwa (banana fritters).
- Looking at Ourselves and Others: Recipes from Zambia at the Peacecorps' World Wise Schools site.
- Malawi: Recipes for Mbtata Pudding, Masamba (greens), and Nsima, a corn dish.
- Mango Chutney: Recipe for a Swaziland condiment, from the FAO cookbook.
- Mice as a Delicacy: Article by M. S. Tembo on the significance of mice in the diet of the Tumbuka people of Eastern Zambia.
- Miscellany: Mostly African recipes on the African Studies site of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Mwambao Cuisine: Introduction to the cooking of the Swahili coast, with recipes.
- Namibia: Recipes for Black-eyed Peas and Oshifima, a cassava dish.
- North African Cuisine: Collection of recipes from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt.
- Nshima and Ndiwo: Article by M. S. Tembo on the most important staples among Zambians in Southern Africa, with recipes.
- Odisseia2000: Recepes from Portuguese speaking Africa: Angola, Cabo Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe.
- Oxfam: Food in Burkina Faso: Introduction to the food culture, with photo essay on making peanut rings, and bean cake recipe.
- Oxfam: Food in Mali: Introduction to the food culture, with recipe for Sesame Seed and Honey Sticks.
- Oxfam: Food in Togo: Introduction to the food culture, with recipe for Akume with Ademe sauce, and Fufu with groundnut sauce with chicken.
- RecipeSource.com: African Recipes: About seventy recipes from African Bobotie to Zimbabwe Greens.
- Recipes from African Countries: Recipes from several African countries at Gaby's and Andy's homepage.
- Recipes from Mauritius: Large collection of recipes and information on Mauritian cooking offered by Madeleine Philippe.
- Riceweb: Nigeria & Liberia: Recipes for rice dishes from Nigeria and Liberia.
- Sadza ne Nyama: Extensive information on the staple dish of the Shona people in Zimbabwe.
- Satya: About a dozen vegetarian recipes from across Africa.
- Sikunu Cookbook: Simple recipes for traditional African food, including some with unusual ingredients like caterpillars and grasshoppers.
- Tasty Recipes from Afrifoods.com: Handful of recipes such as Banga Soup and Afang Soup.
- The Africa Guide: African Cooking and Recipes: Links to recipes from all over the continent.
- The African Cookbook: Menus, recipes, and food culture from various African countries, taken from the cookbook by Bea Sandler.
- The Best of African Food: Cookbook presentation with five sample recipes.
- The Congo Cookbook: Over 150 traditional African recipes, with information about cooking and food culture in Sub-Saharan Africa, excerpts from historical texts, and vintage illustrations.
- The Food of North Africa: Brief introduction with four recipes.
- Vegetable Potjie: A camping recipe from Botswana submitted to About's camping site.
- Vegetarian Recipes Around the World - African Index: More than sixty African recipes from salads to breads.
- West African Peanut Soup: Excerpted from "Sundays at the Moosewood Restaurant".
- Zambia: About twenty recipes for traditional dishes from Zambia, from the FAO cookbook.
- Zimbabwe: Three traditional recipes using peanuts.
This category in other languages: