Search Home : Home : Family : Adoption : Search and Reunion
- Adoptee Birthfamily Connections: Features organized links to search and support resources for adoptees and birth family members, registry, forums, and mailing list.
- Adoptee Searcher's Handbook: Directory of information on a wide range of adoption related topics. It is focused on Canada but also has pages for U.S., Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Adoption Africa: Registry, search tips, personal stories, and legal information for adoptees and birth parents in South Africa, Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Zambia.
- Adoption Crossroads: Network of adoption search, support and reunion organizations. Includes message board and chat room.
- Adoption Forum Pittsburgh: Offers search and support guidance for birth parents and adoptees. Holds local meetings and workshops. Meeting details and resources are presented.
- Adoption Pennsylvania: Information and resources for searching in Pennsylvania.
- Adoption Puzzle: Information about searching, adoptee rights, and adoption reform. Includes links to search tools, registries, and mailing lists.
- Adoption Search Links: Collection of links related to searching for birth family.
- Adoption Search and Reunion: Dedicated to Colorado adoptees, birth families, and adoptive families, but providing general search information and tips for anyone.
- Adoption Tracker: Online research database matches up children and parents separated through adoption. Includes news on related legal and social issues.
- AdoptionFamilyNetwork.com: Offers fee-based services in addition to free resources, including forums, registry, tools, and reunion stories. [Registration is required for some sections.]
- Adoptionopoly: A satire, modeled loosely on the board game Monopoly, that highlights the frustrations experienced by adult adoptees who are trying to search for their origins.
- Baby Theft Investigation: Focuses on the case and investigation of the theft of newborn twins from a hospital in the late 1960s.
- Birth-Family-Online: Offers free knowledge and guidance to people searching in the UK. Includes stories, links and photos.
- BirthQuest: An online searchable database dedicated to searching adoptees, birth parents, adoptive parents and siblings.
- Brick Wall Survivors: Support for adoptees having trouble in their search process.
- Colorado Adoption Search & Reunion Resources: Tips, links and book recommendations for adoptees and birth parents.
- Connected Indian Roots: Networking community that helps adoptees search and learn what it means to be of Indian origin but brought up in a totally different culture. Includes articles and links.
- Everlasting Search: Tips and information from an adoptee who has gone through the process.
- Heartland Adoption Connection: Features a registry, search tips, reunion stories, and related links.
- International Soundex Reunion Registry: A non-profit agency which serves and promotes the reunion of next-of-kin or family that have been separated at birth, by adoption, institutional care, abandonment, divorce or foster care.
- Kenchan's Search and Reunion Links: Dozens of links for adoptees searching.
- Organization for Adoptees - Search and Individual Support: New Jersey-based search and support `group` for adoptees only.
- Orphan Voyage Memorials: Dedicated to adoptees and birthparents who died before being reunited. Includes stories and memorials.
- PA Adoption Search and Education: Contains general information about searching in Pennsylvania, United States. Includes a review of legislative and political issues, copy of relinquishment documents, and list of area support and search groups.
- Search Triad, Inc.: Helping to reunite people separated by adoption, foster care or divorce.
- Shea's Search Series: "Self-Empowered Adoptee Search" from Adoptee's Right to Know guides you from making the decision to search, and choices in searching through petitioning the court.
- State Specific Resources: Adult adoptee and birthfamily search and reunion resources organized by state: Registries, support groups, vital statistics information, and databases.
- TRY Resource and Referral Center: An adoption `resource` and referral center located in Northampton, Massachusetts. Supports and assists in adoption searches, finding adoption triad members, and offers consultation on adoption issues.
- The AdopTalk Center: Comfort, guidance and hope for adoptees in search. Features search resources, book recommendations, adoption stories, and a bimonthly newsletter.
- Tina's Adoption Reform and Search Pages: Adoption search information, including online databases, legislative addresses, vital statistics, and court addresses.
- Torn Asunder: Registry and investigative resources to aid family members seeking reunion after adoption.
- Triad Online: Information for individuals who wish to begin a post-adoption search involving Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Includes general information for all adoptees.
- UK Reunite: Provides free research services to adopted children (born in England or Wales) and birth parents seeking to be reunited. Profile, research rules and contact details are presented.
- Volunteer Search Network: A worldwide `group` of volunteers who have come together to offer services to people touched by adoption who need search help.
- Washington Adoption Reunion Movement: Provides search, reunion, and educational resources and services. Includes a fee-based registry, information about free and fee-based services, and membership details.
- West Texas Children's Aid and Welfare Association: Information about the W.A. Nicholas Home which operated in Abilene, Texas from 1921 to 1945, and placed children in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.
- White Oak Foundation: A not-for-profit organization offering free post-adoption services to all triad members with an Illinois connection. Site includes information about searching, legislation, services and programs.
- Young Once, Indian Forever: Information about and for Native Americans who were adopted or fostered and who are searching for their birth family members.