Search Home : Home : Family : Adoption : Support
- A Child's Desire: A non-profit organization raising money to offer adoption grants. Includes mission statement and resources.
- Adoption Care Services: Adoption therapy and support for birthparents, adoptive parents and adoptees of all ages. Located in Pasadena, California.
- Adoption Hawaii Resources: Adoption related information and calendar of events for support groups, resources, training and workshops.
- Adoption Problems - Advice Network: Raising awareness of the difficult issues and dangers that face adopters today.
- Adoption Resource Network, Inc.: A `resource` and support `group` for all members of the adoption triad in Western New York.
- Adoption Support Group of Santa Fe: Member-to-member `group` offering monthly meetings, literature, counseling referrals, and search assistance. Based in New Mexico (U.S.). Meeting details, guiding principles, and reunion stories are presented.
- Adoption UK: Offers support and `resource` services for adoptive families before, during and after adoption. Site includes description of services, pricing details, and FAQs.
- Adoptive Families Association of British Columbia: General information, support and workshops for BC residents. Includes profiles of children in Ministry care, chapter details, links, and articles on infertility, special needs, and other related issues.
- Adoptive Families Today: Illinois support group. Offers newsletter, calendar of local events, list of local support groups, legislative updates, and articles on adoption and foster care issues.
- Adoptive Family Therapeutic and Educational Resources (AFTER): Provides post adoption services to families in Northern California. Includes online chat, bulletin boards, and community information.
- Adoptive and Foster Parent Association of Georgia: Providing information and feedback for adoptive and foster parents.
- Affording Adoption: Information about grants and loans available to people adopting.
- After Adoption: Post-adoption support services. Based in Manchester, England. Includes list of services for adults and children and contact details.
- Angel Adoption: Stories, poems, chat, and message boards.
- Belarus Support Group: Community of people in the Republic of Ireland who have or are actively involved in the adoption of children from Belarus. Includes meeting details, articles, and mailing list.
- Birthmother.com: Contains support resources for birthparents as they go through the pregnancy, birth, and post adoption.
- ChristianAdoptions.com: Articles, poems, message board and mailing list.
- Colorado Heritage Camps, Inc.: Resources and information about heritage camps held in Colorado each summer for families with internationally or bi-racially adopted children.
- Concerned United Birthparents: Nonprofit support, resource, and advocacy organization that advocates family preservation. Includes mission statement, articles, bulletin board, and list of regional branches.
- Empty Arms Support Group: Email support `group` for women in reunion with their only child/ren lost to adoption and who raised no others. Poems and personal stories are available.
- Families Adopting Across Cultures (FACES): Offers support and education for those involved with cross-cultural adoptions. Stories and links are presented.
- First Nations Orphans Association: Assists those individuals seeking to reunite with their native families. Includes list of objectives, director's brief biography, and information about upcoming events.
- Friends in Adoption: Independent, non-profit, support and educational `group` made up of families touched by adoption. Based in Auburn, Washington.
- Hands Around The World: Support `group` whose focus is culture for families who touched by cross-cultural adoption. Includes calendar, newsletters, and information about camps.
- Helping Kids Cope: Offers financial assistance to birth mothers, adoptive parents and children in foster care. Based in Nashville, Tennessee (United States). Includes applications for awards, information about volunteering, and FAQs.
- Indians Adopting Indian Children: Offers support, information and resources.
- International Adoptive Families: Not-for-profit family support organization whose members have adopted transculturally and/or transracially. Based in Albany, New York.
- Interracial Families in Fellowship: Informal sharing and support community for inter-racial adoptive families in mid-Ohio. Includes calendar of events in central Ohio and contact information for support in other parts of the state.
- It's a Family Affair: Offers support to birthmothers. Includes personal stories and a discussion forum.
- Jewel Among Jewels Adoption Network, Inc.: Not-for-profit, readership-supported educational organization which offers support through books and public speaking. Site includes articles, newsletters, and product ordering details.
- Jonathan Pannor, LCSW: Offers counseling and workshops for adoptive parents. Features a list of workshop topics and contact details.
- National Organisation for the Counselling of Adoptees and Parents (NORCAP): UK registered charity and support `group` established to help adults with search and reunion issues and handle their feelings about the effect of adoption on their lives.
- New Roots: Adoptive families support `group` based in Columbus, Ohio. Includes a schedule of events, newsletter and membership information.
- North East Post Adoption Service: Offers support, advice and guidance to individuals affected by adoption. Based in North Shields, United Kingdom. Organization profile, membership details and links to related content are presented.
- ODS Adoption Community of New England: Non-profit support and educational group. Local chapters in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont (United States). Includes information about programs and membership.
- Open Door Society of Massachusetts, Inc.: Non-profit support and educational `group` of adoptive, foster and pre-adoptive parents and professionals interested in adoption.
- Origins Tasmania: A support `group` for people who have been separated by or who have been affected by adoption.
- Parents Network for the Post Institutionalized Child: Devoted to understanding the medical, developmental, emotional and educational needs of children adopted from hospitals, orphanages and institutions. Includes conference details, newsletters, and country-specific information.
- Parents and Children Together (PACT): Offers support services to people living in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire (UK). Site offers resources and articles for all members of the adoption triad.
- Playlink: Illinois-based playgroup and information exchange for interracial adoptive families. Includes calendar, suggested reading list, news, and message board.
- Post Adoption Center for Education and Research: Non-profit organization providing peer support, information, education and advocacy for any person touched by adoption.
- Post Adoption Resource Centre (PARC): Provides support and counselling services for those affected by adoption in New South Wales, Australia. Includes calendar of events, stories, and information about searching.
- Queensland Inter-Country Adoptee Support Network: Provides support and assistance to inter-country adoptees within Queensland. Includes articles, history, suggested reading list, and links.
- Society of Special Needs Adoptive Parents: A post-adoption service in British Columbia (Canada) which assists special needs adoptive families, professionals and the community through support and education. Site includes news, resources and membership information.
- Stars of David International, Inc.: Nonprofit information and support network for Jewish and interfaith adoptive families. Chapter directory, list of events, resources, and membership information.
- Sunflower Birthmom Support Group: Search boards, mailing list, and links to related resources.
- TALK Adoption: National UK free phone helpline for young people with a connection to adoption.
- The Birth Mother Tree: A place for birth mothers to add their names to break the silence and honor their loss.
- Vietnamese Adoptee Network, Inc.: Organization involved in networking Vietnamese adoptees with one another and the Asian Pacific American community. Based in White Plains, New York. Includes event details, resources, and mailing list.
- Worcestershire Action & Support Group for Adoptive Parents: Offers meetings, mentoring, advocacy, telephone support, education and training days, and related services in the local (Worcestershire, United Kingdom) area. History, list of goals, newsletter, and meeting details are included.