Search Home : Home : Family : Family Resources and Support : Cultural and Ethnic Diversity
- Arab Culture and Identity - Suite101.com: Find articles and links relating to Arab culture and the Arab people, from history, language and pop culture to art, music and literature. In the articles, there will be some emphasis on the Arab-American experience and Palestinian culture.
- Dreaming in Black and White: An essay written by a couple and their adoption of a baby of a different race.
- Ethnic Families in America: A book reflecting the social and political dynamics in the United States, offering an inclusive look at multicultural diversity in the U.S. with extensive coverage of the family life styles, traditions and values of seventeen American ethnic groups.
- Ethnic-America OnLine: Provides educational, sociological and historical material, original content and site reviews for separately organized ethnic cultural sites.
- Eyes of Glory: Family genealogy of a Jewish/African American family as well as pages on Colonial Jewish History of Newport, African American History of Newport, and a photo gallery of artifacts and photos.
- Finding Family Stories: A three-year Arts Partnership Project initiated by the Japanese American National Museum in 1995, art exhibits are about family and diversity.
- Growing Up in Multicultural Families: Offers a Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on multicultural and interracial families.
- Interfaith Connection: A program of the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco offering events, classes and workshops for interfaith couples in which one partner is Jewish, and their families.
- Interfaith Discussion Group: A Yahoo/egroups discussion `group` for Jewish/Christian couples, their families, and friends.
- Interfaith Family: Information and networking for Jewish interfaith families. Includes articles, discussion boards and support resources to help families dealing with contemporary interfaith issues.
- International Couples' Website: A Resource for those who are married or planning to marry a person of a different nationality. Share experiences, difficulties, anecdotes, merits and joys of sharing your life with someone coming from a different culture.
- Interracial Family Circle: Washington DC-based `group` providing events, online library resources, book listings and community outreach opportunities for multiracial families.
- Is Biracial Enough?: An article discussing a persons venture of identity with a multicultrual background.
- Jewish Family and Life: Reflects the strong family traditions of Jewish culture in the language of the 90's. Includes information on travel, health, and food.
- Jewish Path: Discussion of marriage conflict issues, conflict management, intermarriage issues, separation issues, separation agreements, divorce, conflict tools and how to avoid difficulties.
- Love Makes a Family: A book and exhibit about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their families.
- Multicultural Family: Site offers articles, links, discussion, polls and contests pertaining to multicultural families.
- Multiracial Resources: Resources authored by multiracial individiuals to help others, who arent necessarily multiracial.
- Parent Soup Message Board: Multi-Lingual or -Cultural Families board. Community leaders are here to help you and your family deal with issues relevant to your life.
- Partner Violence in Ethnic Minority Families: Partner violence violence is a serious problem that cuts across all backgrounds. However, research on violence in intimate relationships has historically neglected the experiences of many groups, including ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities. Written by Carolyn M. West, Family Research Laboratory, University of New Hampshire.
- Shohar-Khaleh - Foreign Husbands of Iranian Women: Discussion forum for foreign (non-native Iranian) husbands of Iranian women and the fathers of half-Iranian children.
- Slate: First Class - Is it possible to raise rich kids who don't have a sense of entitlement? By Debra Dickerson: Debra Dickerson, mother of biracial children, says that her kids have been "born on second base" in terms of their coloration and family fortunes, and she wants them to not feel entitled to it.
- The Bilingual Families Site: Spanish-English bilingual families. A place to meet and share interests, ideas, experiences, resources, challenges and the fun of having a bilingual family.
- The Muslim Family Network: Assists Muslims in forming and maintaining a healthy family based on Islamic beliefs and principals. Features extensive documentation, expert advice, an online discussion forum, a free Muslim matrimonial service, and a set of products and services suited for all Muslim families.
- ZanAmu - Foreign Wives of Iranians: Discussion forum for foreign (non-native Iranian) wives of Iranian men and the mothers of half-Iranian children.
- ¡Qué Viva la Diferencia!: A personal home page that is completely bilingual, Spanish and English, site that promotes multicultural and interracial tolerance and acceptance.