Search Home : Home : Family : Family Resources and Support : Military Families
- 4MilitaryFamilies.com: Resource site for military family members, with information on support groups, discounts, travel, housing, PCS tips, deployments, and location of every DoD installation and surrounding local areas.
- AUSA Family Programs: Provides resources about current legislation affecting miltiary families, information about family programs offered by military available.
- Blue Star Mothers of America: An organization for mothers who have children serving or who have served. History, events, membership, and forum, as well as an e-mail newsletter service.
- DMDC: Defense Manpower Data Center: Collects, archives, and maintains accurate, readily available manpower and personnel data, as well as financial databases for the Department of Defense. Information on other programs available.
- FHH Brats: Fort Henry Heights Reunion: Reunion details scheduled for August 2003 in Kingston, Ontario.
- MTOM: Advice by and for military teens and kids dealing with all the issues of moving to new places. Information, suggestions, and stories.
- Military Child Education Coalition: Offers information about education initiatives for transitioning military families and children.
- Military Families Webring: Open to active duty, retirees, spouses, children or anyone who has a loved one in the armed forces. Also those with pages dedicated to POW's or MIA's.
- Military Family Research Institute: Research, news, and information for individuals charged with improving policies and practices focused on military quality-of-life.
- Military Family Resources: Informational links.
- Military Money Magazine: Personal finance resources, career advice, deployment and relocation tips, and family support resources for military families and spouses.
- Military.com: Web `resource` for all aspects of military living: includes military news, pay and benefits, education, veteran resources, reunions and locators.
- MilitaryNow.com: Military discount listings on surplus and other goods. Also information on the various aspects of military life.
- Mothers Speak: Military family community for interviewing mothers about their children active in the war on terror. Interviews are posted on the site as well as possibly used in an upcoming book, Long Time Passing: Mothers Speak about The War on Terror. Also a weblog of a trip to Baghdad with a women's delegation to interview Iraqi mothers of non-combatant children.
- Operation Special Delivery: Provides advice and labor support to the pregnant wives of US military troops scheduled to be deployed at the expected time of the birth of their baby. FAQs, history, and contact information.
- Operation: Care Pack to Iraq: A website who volunteered to send a care package to the soldiers of the 354th Air Force in Kirkuk, Iraq.
- STOMP: Specialized Training of Military Parents: Working together for military families of individuals with disabilites or special needs. Information, news, events, resources, and services.
- Solo-Ops: Resources, information, and guides for surviving life as a military wife.
- The Miles Foundation: Non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of violence associated with the military.
- The RCEME Database: Events, news, forums, reunion information, and pictures of this Canadian group. Membership is free and required to access database.
- Valentines: Resource to find US and UK military friends or relatives with over 450 links to genealogy records, message boards, news groups, phone books, email directories, and other personnel locators.