Search Home : Home : Family : Parenting : Discipline
- Adult Aid to Child Discipline: Select the punishment from time out, restriction or spanking and this site will randomly select how long or how much the child should receive. There is also a punishment contract, homework help page and parenting links.
- Allon Publishing: Dedicated to helping parents and guardians help kids.
- Breakthrough Parenting: A new way to raise children, making them more inner-directed as an effective way of creating self-discipline. This significantly reduces parents' workload and dramatically improves communication in the family.
- Destructive Behavior: Destructive behaviors not only affect the child exhibiting the behavior, but also the lives of family members and others around the child. Ohio State University Extension offers a fact sheet offering ways to deal with this difficult situation.
- Discipline and Parenting Your Child: See how other parents discipline their children. Get advice and see what works for others.
- Discipline with Love: A Guide for Parents with Spirited Children: Good parents at wits end? Have the peaceful home you crave with our practical suggestions on tantrums, defiance, power struggles and other difficult behaviors.
- Dissolving Power Struggles: It's best to avoid getting into control struggles but sometimes parents become locked in a battle in which no one wins or surrenders.
- Effective Discipline: An Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on the best methods to use to help children behave properly.
- Guidance for Effective Discipline: American Academy of Pediatrics Guidelines on effective discipline of children. Discourages use of corporal punishment.
- Guiding Self-Discipline: Information on guiding children towards a self-disciplined lifestyle.
- Happy Children: How to effectively discipline children for defiance, poor grades, drug use, discourteousness, theft, or out of control.
- Helping Young Children Deal with Anger: Anger management techniques for children.
- How to Deal With Your Child's Temper Tantrums: A guide on how to respond to tantrums, how to teach your child not to throw tantrums and how to prevent tantrums.
- Keep Your Kids From Driving You Crazy: Common sense tips from a daycare provider on discipline and childcare.
- Parent Coaching Cards: Devoted to helping parents, educators, and counselors develop and improve upon children's self-control and social skills. A practical, hands-on reference for children experiencing social and emotional difficulties.
- Positive Discipline: Provides positive solutions to disciplining young children for parents, caregivers and educators; includes articles and an online store of books, videos and audiotapes.
- Problem Behaviors with Children: An Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on understanding why some children are difficult, and what can be done to remedy the situation.
- Spank with Love: Recommendations for the appropriate, non-abusive use of spanking as a parenting tool. Discusses common spanking implements, positions, and techniques.
- The Center for Effective Discipline: Headquarters for the National Coalition to Abolish Corporal Punishment in Schools and EPOCH-USA (End Physical Punishment of Children). Both organizations strive to completely end physical punishment of children in all settings.
- The Family Corner: Giving "time-out" a new meaning. Parents are always searching for good solid advice when it comes to their family and home life.
- Time Out for "Time Out": Time-out can be an effective form of non-physical discipline for children.
- WeBehave: Behavior management products for kids and professional advice and insights on discipline techniques for parents, teachers and caregivers.