Search Home : Home : Family : Runaways
- 4thekids Missing Child Alert Services: Contains files of missing child reports, news, resources for families and details of the investigative team.
- Child CyberSEARCH Canada: Maintains a database of missing Canadian children and offers educational information related to runaways and abducted children.
- Covenant House: One of the largest privately-funded childcare agencies in the U.S., Covenant House provides services to homeless and runaway youth. The website addresses both youth considering running away and their parents, and offers information and confidential hotlines.
- Focus Adolescent Services: Runaways and Missing Children: Resources: Focus Adolescent Services's site on teenage problems includes a listing of helpful online runaway resources.
- Helping Runaway and Homeless Youth Grow up Safe and Secure: In this 1999 speech, Sec. of Health and Human Services Donna Shalala emphasizes the importance of the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act.
- Home Free Bus Service: Greyhound Lines, in conjunction with the National Runaway Switchboard, provides free one way transportation for runaway children returning home.
- Missing Child Search: Site listing organizations to search for a missing child.
- Missing Indian Kids: Site designed to help locate missing children in India.
- Missing Son: Parents of missing children share their experiences through this site, which also offers helpful hotlines and links.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: Using state-of-the-art technology, this U.S. search network works with law enforcement agencies and other professionals to find runaways and other missing children. NCMEC also provides educational resources and a searchable database of missing children.
- National Runaway Switchboard: This 24-hour hotline service for U.S. parents and youth offers crisis intervention, message service, educational information, referrals, and runaway searches.
- Precious Heart: Archives: Runaway Children: The site provides bibliographies of publications related to the runaway experience in various categories such as "international works", "bibliographies and `resource` books", "shelters, law enforcement and psychology", and "legal, congresses and legislation".
- Project i - study of homeless young people: Homesite of a five year study and services funded by the National Institute of Mental Health focusing on homeless youth in Los Angeles, USA and Melbourne, Australia.
- Runaway Lives: Personal Stories and Reflections by Runaways and Their Families: Forum for runaways and their family members to share their experiences through writings or images.
- StandUp For Kids On-Line: Recipient of national (U.S.) awards and recognition, StandUp For Kids is an all volunteer organization working on the streets to help runaway and homeless youth.
- Teens in Trouble: Runaways: Listing of runaway related links maintained by a parent for other parents from the site "Teens in Trouble: A Survival Page for Parents".
- Texas Runaway Hotline: This nonprofit hotline service provides crisis intervention and telephone counseling, information and referrals for callers seeking food, shelter and transportation home, and confidential conference calls between runaways and their families.
- The Runaway Game: This "choose-your-own-adventure" style hypertext novel with 20 different endings was created to help teenagers understand the realities of life as a runaway. At the end of each chapter, readers make choices which lead to different scenarios.
- Understanding and Preventing Teenage Runaways: Practical advice for parents and professionals including the motivations of teenage runaways, problems that increase the risk, warning signs, effective communication and steps to reduce the risk.
- When Your Child is Missing: A Family Survival Guide: Written by others who have experienced the trauma of a missing child, this excellent site offers a wealth of practical information and advice, as well as words of hope and encouragement, to parents of missing children.
- Yahoo! : Investigative Services: Missing Persons: Yahoo! directory list of commercial agencies which offer missing person location services.
- Youth Link of America: Nonprofit organization devoted to helping runaway and homeless youth find the resources needed. Contains events and newsletter.
This category in other languages: