Search Home : Home : Home Improvement : Electrical
- Aluminum Wiring Information: Information on hazards and remedies.
- Better Homes and Gardens: Wiring Basics: Detailed tutorials with illustrations for working with electrical boxes, wire, conduit, outlets, sockets, surge protectors, plugs, and light fixtures.
- Boyce's Electrical References Explanations: Articles on safety, wiring, switches, motors, and transformers.
- Dans Wiring Page: Experienced electrician provides advice and diagrams on house wiring, especially 3way and 4way switches.
- Doing Your Own Telephone Wiring: Diagrams, advice, and troubleshooting for telephone wiring.
- Electrical Online: Wiring projects and topics, including diagrams and illustrations.
- Electrical Safety Foundation International: Information about electrical safety in and around the home and neighborhood. Workplace Page for tips and tools to help keep a workplace electrically safe.
- Electrician.com: Electrical calculators, in depth technical articles, and National Electrical Code information.
- Electricians Toolbox: Professional site includes hundreds of tips, theory, formulas, software, and forum.
- Faqs.org: Electrical Wiring FAQs: FAQs for electrical wiring, including definitions, resources, tips, techniques, and safety information.
- Federal Pacific Electric FPE Panel/Breaker Hazard Summary: In-depth discussion of the hazard and remedies.
- Free Electrical Answers By Marosteph: Master electrican provides free advice. Includes faq with answers to common questions/problems.
- Home Telephone Wiring and Telephone Installation: FAQs and tips explaining how to connect telephones and computers, repair home phone wiring, and diagnose telephone and line noise problems.
- Home Wiring: Instructions on how to wire 3 or 4 way switches, fan/light combo, pools, garage, hottubs, dwellings, and National Electrical Code compliance.
- Howstuffworks: Electric Motors: illustrated tutorial examines motors from construction to operation.
- Ideal Industries: Illustrated tutorial on the basics of using a digital multi-meter.
- MSN House and Home: Electrical: Overview of electrical systems and components within the home, including circuit breakers, fuses, outlets, light fixtures, wall switches, cords, and plugs. Illustrations and safety-minded tips for solving common problems and completing easy repairs.
- Molex - Good Crimps: Illustrated tutorial on properly crimping terminals.
- Porcupine Press: Chart for Ohm's law. Illustrated tutorial on bending conduit.
- Sound Home Resource Center - Electrical: Articles primarily on the issues involved with upgrading or repairing home wiring.
- Telephone Wiring: Advice for home phone wiring and jacks with information at adding second or third line and reference for wire color codes.
- The Old House Web - Lighting and Electrical: Articles on adding a second phone line, safety concerns with an old fuse box, and upgrading and older house for high-tech appliances.
- Wiring for Power Quality: Table illustrates some of the new wiring practices recommended vs. outdated methods.