Search Home : Home : Home Improvement : Energy Efficiency
- Alliance to Save Energy: Consumer tips on lowering energy costs. Home energy checkup, power smart, clearing the air, and appliance olympics.
- Appliance Standards Awareness Project: Report on the latest improvements that increase efficiency in appliances. Current lobbying efforts to enact more efficient standards for central air conditioners, clothes washers, flourescent ballasts and water heaters.
- Better Way To Save: Includes energy efficiency tips, online energy savings calculators, dealer locators, and rebate information for Energy Star appliances and lighting.
- Buy Energy Efficient: Provides information about the economic, environmental and health benefits of buying energy efficient products for the home.
- Conserv Products Inc.: Sales representative offering advice in the form of a series of articles which aim to explain the principles behind insulating a home.
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency: Information on energy-saving opportunities for appliances, lighting, air conditioning systems and gas heating.
- Consumer Energy Center - California Energy Commission: Advice for saving energy in a variety of home systems, both indoors and outdoors, and in home construction.
- Consumer Energy Information: Comprehensive U.S. Department of Energy site, including glossary, fact sheets, and tips for several home systems and appliances.
- Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings: Home energy checklist for action, top rated appliances for 1999, highlights from the publication, and order form.
- Dulley House Insulation Guide: Where to insulate and what materials to use. Calculate R-values for walls, attics and crawl spaces.
- ESP Energy: Energy Saving information on all areas of the home. Including Air Conditioning, heating, insulation, windows, appliances, and lighting
- EZ Wizard: Free Energy Star software that provides a point and click interface for setting monitor power management energy savings features on PCs.
- Energy Advisor: Utilizes homeowner zip code to provide charts showing energy costs for average house and energy efficient house. Lists suggested upgrades based on local weather patterns.
- Energy Efficiency: Appliance usage chart, operating cost calculator, and specific tips on improving efficiency.
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network: Topics include lighting, appliances, and heating and cooling equipment; insulation and other weatherization materials; high-performance windows; automatic and "smart" controls; solar buildings; community programs; and related codes and standards.
- Energy Outlet: Tips for air conditioning, lighting, appliances, mortgage tax credits, and ask an expert.
- Energy Quest: California Energy Commission's energy and environmental education site for students, parents and teachers. Materials for students from kindergarten through high school. Games, puzzles, science projects on energy and other challenging information.
- Energy Star: Created by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy to help consumers save money and prevent air pollution. Includes list of qualifying products, contractor selection tips, and contacts for low interest loans for upgrading to high efficiency equipment.
- Energy Star Home Improvement Toolbox: Tips, statistics, and calculators aiming to help homeowners improve their home's energy performance when repairing, remodeling, or improving their homes.
- Energy Star Homes America: Information on the EPA's Energy Star program. How to apply energy efficient standards to a new or existing home. How builders can become involved in Energy Star.
- Energyguide.com: Energy analyzer tool. After answering questions about home construction, occupants, and appliances the analyzer provides breakdown and charts showing energy usage and areas that can be improved.
- Fine Homebuilding- Energy Efficiency: Articles on fixing a drafty house, understanding windows, and evaporative cooling.
- For Your Home - Owens Corning: Everything from new construction to remodeling to insulating projects to efficiency checklist. Personal Project file holds information about different Owens Corning products that can be printed out for purchasing or planning.
- Furnace Efficiencies: Calculate energy savings utiliziing previous energy costs and efficiency of rating of furnace.
- Green Building Concepts: information exchange on `resource` and energy efficient home building. Product tips, building hints, and newsletter archive.
- Home Energy Library: Tips for a wide range of home and office energy improvements.
- Home Energy Magazine Archive: Complete index of articles from 1993 - 2000. Searchable by date or topic.
- Home Energy, the Magazine of Residential Conservation: Archive of past issues, subscription form.
- Improving Home Energy Efficiency: Information on energy use in typical Florida homes and how the energy efficiency of Florida homes can be best improved. Includes discussion on typical performance, cooling and heating load sources, windows, and ductwork.
- Insulation Fact Sheet: Detailed information on everything from determining insulation needs, to selecting products, to installation methods.
- Making it Happen: Module to help homeowners capitalize on the energy savings opportunities identified by the Energy Advisor module. No regrets remodeling, no-cost and low-cost measures, installation, financing, and case studies.
- Million Solar Roofs: Initiative to enable businesses and communities to install solar systems on one million rooftops across the United States by 2010. Links to federal and state government incentive plans.
- National Association of Insulation Manufacturers: Tips on determining insulation needs, installation suggestions, and a map of recommended R-values for new construction houses.
- New York Energy $mart Web Site: Energy saving tips to beat the heat, the Energy Smart University teaches about energy use, energy industry deregulation, and energy efficiency. Tools to conduct a home Energy Analysis.
- Ohio Consumers' Counsel: Energy Efficiency: Provides tips on reading electric and gas meters, understanding appliance ratings, and efficient home heating and lighting.
- Oikos: Methods for designing, installing, and sealing leaking ductwork.
- Partnership for Advanced Technologies in Housing: Voluntary initiative that seeks to accelerate the creation and widespread use of advanced technologies to improve the quality, durability, environmental performance, energy efficiency, and affordability of housing.
- Renters Guide To Saving Energy: Energy and water conservation tips for the home and business.
- Residential Energy Conservation: Energy conservation tips on insulation, heating, cooling, appliances, and lighting.
- Residential Energy Efficiency Database: Savings guide; construction; site, solar, and house plans; attics, insulation and vapor barriers.
- Residential Wind Energy: Brief overview on purchasing and operation of a residential wind turbine.
- Save Energy, Save Money: Set of do-it-yourself energy-saving tips that homeowners can implement to realize energy savings.
- Simply Insulate: Information on fiberglass insulation and links to energy efficiency programs in various states.
- Small Wind Systems - AWEA: Industry standards, success stories, mailing list, and equipment providers.
- The Home Energy Saver: Determine the energy consumption of a home and find ways to reduce it.
- The Weatherization Pages: Resource on using cellulose insulation and moisture barriers in attics, walls, and basements to improve safety, comfort, fuel conservation and environmental health in old and new homes. Principles, practice, solutions, case studies, and do it yourself advice.
- U.S. Energy Information Administration: Energy Information Administration (U.S. Dept. of Energy) Energy Statistics, Data, and Analysis
This category in other languages: