Search Home : Home : Homemaking
- 20 uses: Offers ideas for using common household objects.
- About.com - Housekeeping: Offers cleaning articles, how-to's, and product reviews. Includes a newsletter and message board.
- All About Home by Service Master: Offers advice on topics including seasonal issues and disaster preparedness. Features a virtual tour and measurement calculators.
- Barefoot Lass's Hints & Tips: Offers information on topics such as removing crayon marks from walls, finding the best hangover cure and alternative uses for cola. Includes awards and information about trigminal neuralgia.
- Berkeley Parents Network - Advice About Household Management: Offers advice on topics such as health and safety, household organization, cleaning and laundry. Includes subscription information.
- Between Friends - Household Hints: Offers advice on topics including removing shelf paper and deterring ants. Includes a newsletter.
- Bob Allison's Ask Your Neighbor - Helpful Household Hints: Features tips shared on Bob Allison's Ask your Neighbor radio program. Includes instructions for making cleaning products.
- Bottle of Rain: Offers information on topics such as decorating, repairs, cooking, organizing and gardening. Features news, projects and e-mail updates.
- Consumer Tips for Salt Use: Offers tips for using salt in place of modern chemicals and cleaners. Features recipes for craft and science projects.
- Create a Home Recycling Center: Offers information on storing recyclable items. Includes tips on selecting storage containers.[PDF]
- Creating Home Style: Offers ideas for creating a personal style for living. Features tailgating tips, recipes, decorating ideas, crafts projects and a discussion forum.
- Creative Homemaking: Offers organization, decorating, crafts, frugal living and parenting hints. Includes holiday ideas, recipes and a newsletter.
- DontForgetTheMilk.com: Creates shopping lists sorted by store and price. Features a message board. Requires free registration.
- Flood Cleanup Information: Offers advice on dealing with food, clothing, furnishings, fixtures and the house structure after a flood. Includes safety tips.
- Food Fun and Facts: Offers recipes, cooking tips, household hints, cookbook collecting, crafts and herbal remedies. Features a newsletter.
- Forums for the Chaotic Home: Offers discussion forums on topics such as the house, cooking, crafts and hobbies and the family. Includes information on meetings.
- Good Housekeeping - My Home: Offers interactive guides for decorating, cleaning, entertaining and organizing. Features checklists.
- Good Housewifery: Offers an article from a 19th-century newspaper that promises to teach readers not only how to dress well but how to keep a chimney from smoking or a child from dying.
- Grocery.LifeTips.com: Offers information on grocery shopping, organization, food safety, saving money and cooking. Features a newsletter.
- HerTips.com: Offers daily tips for home, garden, finances, crafts and children. Features a newsletter, pen pals and forum.
- Hints and Things: Offers advice that used to be passed down from generation to generation. Features competitions and a newsletter.
- Hints from Heloise: Offers tips for the home, garden and travel. Requires free registration.
- Home 'n' Stuff: Offers recipes as well as information about cooking, gardening, organizing, hobbies and health issues. Includes steps to take if you wallet is stolen.
- Home Made Simple: Offers ideas to simplify, organize, beautify and inspire life. Features promotions, free offers, a newsletter and article archives.
- Home and Garden Guide: Offers information on topics such as gardening, pest control and appliances.
- HomeTalk.com: Offers message boards on a variety of home repair, maintenance, building, decorating and lifestyle subjects. Features FAQ and forum use tutorial.
- Homemakers Way of Life: Offers low-carbohydrate recipes, articles on traditions, entertaining ideas and decorating tips. Features a newsletter, archive and discussion forum.
- Homemaking School for Children: Discusses how to teach children lessons in house cleaning and responsibility. By Monica Resinger.
- Household Express: Offers a directory of household tips, ideas for gardening and home improvement, holiday crafts and decorations and cooking.
- Household Hints: Offers advice on topics such as household cleaners and uses for Alka-Seltzer. Includes first aid information.
- Household Hints by Myra L. Fitch: Offers advice on topics such as getting whites white and removing hard water marks on polished marble. Includes reactions from readers.
- Household Waste Management: Offers a program that teaches how to safely and efficiently manage waste, and particularly hazardous waste, in the home. Produced by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- It's Not My Job: Dividing Household Tasks: Offers suggestions for dividing household chores among family members. Includes references.
- Joey Green's WackyUses.com: Offers little-known uses for well-known products. Includes histories and facts behind the products.
- John's House: Offers advice on topics such as food storage, removing pet hair from clothing and preventing dust build-up on television screens. Includes author's profile.
- Kristen's Guide: Offers information on topics such as organizing, money, travel and cleaning. Features a newsletter.
- Morton Salt - Household Hints: Offers tips on using salt in areas such as the bathroom and the lingerie drawer. Includes salt FAQ.
- Mrs. Clean Jeans: Offers advice on issues related to the household, garden, family and travel. Features a newsletter.
- My House and Garden: Offers tips for the home and garden. Features news and articles.
- My Junk, Your Treasure: Article discusses ideas to help make a yard sale successful. By Gary Foreman.
- Old Fashioned Living: Presents old-fashioned traditions for the modern family. Features a newsletter and discussion forum.
- Opossum Sally's Goldenmean: Address issues such as buying bread, Christmas trees, dishwasher efficiency and making soap. Includes earth-safe tips.
- Organized Home: Offers articles on uncluttering the house, cutting mealtime chaos, streamlining storage and finding more time. Includes a newsletter.
- Pioneer Thinking Lifestyles: Offers food, gardening, crafts and financial advice. Includes discussion boards and a newsletter.
- Preservation, Care and Display of Glass: Offers instruction in caring for glass that will help insure its continued use and existence as a family keepsake. Includes cleaning advice.
- Reader's Digest Home Channel: Offers articles about cooking, do-it-yourself and gardening. Includes daily tips, a discussion forum and polls.
- Robbie's Kitchen - Household Tips & Tricks: Offers tips for cleaning, cooking, laundry, and home remedies. Features a message board.
- RusticGirls.com: Offers articles about cleaning, crafting, gardening, decorating, sewing and cooking. Features project archives.
- Seeking Sources: Offers articles about cooking, home finance and the holidays. Topics include gifts from the kitchen, how to take a financial inventory and how to choose the right cookware.
- Shabby 2 Chic: Offers decorating tips, ideas, do-it-yourself projects and recipes. Features a guest book.
- Sidetracked Home Executives: Offers discussion groups for home organizing and recipes. Includes articles.
- So You Wanna Organize Your Closet?: Full-length article covers the process of organizing the items in a closet.
- Some Handy-Dandy Household Tips: Offers tips on cleaning, stain removal and ordinary household solutions to everyday problems. Includes author's resume.
- Sudarsans Household Hints: Offers tips for the kitchen and garden. Includes general hints.
- Suite101.com - Domestic Bliss: Explores topics including children, finances, organization and pets. Features archived discussions.
- Suite101.com - Household Management: Articles address topics such as cleaning, packing for trips and house guests. Features archived articles and discussions.
- The Blu Fish - Home Tips: Offers articles on topics such as removing sap from clothing and temporarily frosting windows. Includes visitor questions and answers and checklists.
- The Busy Woman's Resource: Offers articles on topics such as cooking, cleaning, organizing, and parenting. Includes forums.
- The F.U.N. Place - Families United on the Net: Offers home tips, recipes, crafts and parenting articles. Includes forums, chat and a newsletter.
- The Household Cyclopedia of General Information: Offers articles from the late 19th century. Topics include agriculture, recipes, crafts and making paints and dyes.
- The Jungle House: Offers tips on saving time and money, crafts, gifts and cooking. Features news and a mailing list.
- The New Homemaker: Offers advice and resources on topics including parenting, thriftiness, kitchen, family health, crafts, decorating, and organization. Features news and chat.
- Time Management Suggestions For Getting Home/Yard/Car Work Done: Offers a system for assigning household work. Includes ideas for specific work categories.
- Tipking: Directory of household hints and money saving ideas. Features a forum, newsletter and FAQ.
- Tips Crazy: Offers a collection of housekeeping tips, including cleaning, gardening, organization, pets, and money saving. Accepts ideas from visitors.
- Uses for Vinegar: Offers suggestions on topics including cleaning tools, getting rid of an upset stomach and laundry care.
- Virtuowl.com - Household Hints: Offers hints on topics such as aroma, cooking, cleaning and home repairs.
- Winter Home Shutdown: Suggestions for winterizing homes that will be vacant. Includes instructions for winterizing appliances.
- WomenOf.com - Hearth & Home: Offers articles about interior decorating, home design, do it yourself projects and gardening.
- Womenfolk - Home as Our Haven: Offers articles about transforming the home into a nurturing haven. Topics include transitioning from work to home, establishing an aura of prosperity and creating a setting for romance.
This category in other languages: