Search Home : Home : Personal Finance : Insurance
- A.M. Best: Offers data to insurance professionals and buying guides for consumers. Reports on the condition of insurance companies. Free registration allows access to insurance company ratings.
- ArtSure.com: Insurance, appraisal, general information, and links relating to stained glass, art, antiques, and craft items.
- BlueCollarDollar: Insurance: Provides general information, links, articles, and editorials concerning various insurance topics.
- Business Insurance Oracle: Checklists: how to select an agent, spotting troubled insurance companies, understanding the fine print.
- Central Insurance Trust: Information portal on all kinds of insurance, including how to choose and how much to get.
- Epinions.com: Insurance: Thousands of reviews on hundreds of insurance companies and products. Also provides consumer-authored Buying Guides, How-To's, and definitions.
- FastQuotes: UK site has articles on several insurance types including auto, travel, home, and pet.
- INS Resource: Provides basic descriptions of insurance policies, along with advantages and disadvantages. Allows search for local agents registered with them.
- Insurance Credit Scoring: News of the discriminatory practice of insurance credit scoring.
- Insurance Forums: Includes discussions for both consumers and insurance professionals.
- Insurance Information Institute (III): Attempts to improve public understanding of insurance -- what it does and how it works. The site is subdivided into sections for "Individuals" (consumer info) "Media" (press info). [some content available in Spanish]
- Insurance Research Station: Extensive directory of well organized links relating to insurance. Includes national and international sites covering topics such as regulation, news, resources, industry organizations, and jobs.
- Insurance Services Network: A directory of insurance companies and information on world wide insurance practices.
- Insurance Tomorrow: Site is dedicated to insurance innovations for the 21st century. Advocates both a Universal Individualized Medicine Plan for the USA and formation of mutual insurance policyholder associations.
- Insurance Traders: Tips: Provides methods which may help save money on insurance for home, auto, or life. Site also contains short articles concerning other insurance topics.
- Insurance and Planning Resource Center: Business and personal insurance coverage glossary and resource.
- Insurance-Canada: Provides consumers and insurance professionals with information about insurance-related topics pertinent to Canada.
- Insurance.com: Learning Center: Provides articles and resources on auto, life, homeowners and health insurance.
- Insurancexpert.co.uk: Consumer site offers information about property and casualty insurance. Provides lookup for independent insurance brokers in the United Kingdom. Sponsored by The National Insurance and Guarantee Corporation, Ltd.
- Insure.com: Offers an extensive library of consumer-oriented articles covering many insurance topics.
- Protecting Your Assets - A Guide to Insurance: Consumer information from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). Learn how insurance works, how to choose an appropriate insurance policy, and how to minimise problems with claims.
- Roger Goldberg & Associates: Provides short articles on insurance coverage.
- Texas Department of Insurance Consumer Help: Insurance resources, publications and news for consumers.
- The Beehive: About Insurance: Offers helpful consumer information about auto, home, and life insurance. It contains lots of educational material plus interactive stories and tools.
- The Claims Guru: Advice about insurance claims written in a plain English style by a chartered insurer. Information may be of interest to citizens of many nations.
- The USAA Educational Foundation: Non-profit organization provides consumer information on insurance and related personal and financial topics.
- Watch Tower: A Business With a Long History: Article describes the history of insurance and discusses who needs it.
- bls.gov: Claims Adjusters, Appraisers, Examiners, and Investigators: The US Bureau of Labor Statistics describes the functions and job outlook for the professions involved with insurance claims.
- bls.gov: Insurance: Provides a broad overview of the insurance industry, including its nature, working conditions, occupations, earning potential, and outlook.
- e-Insure: Journal: Offers articles concerning various topics such as insurance fundamentals, domestic partners, and insurance considerations for the small business.