Search Home : Home : Personal Finance : Money Management : Loans : Home
- AARP Reverse Mortgages: The American Association of Retired Persons explains all about reverse mortgages.
- AHM Home Buyer and Refinance Guide: A complete and easy to understand homebuyers and refinance guide.
- About Reverse Mortgages: Describes HUD program which enables seniors to benefit from the equity in their homes without selling and without making mortgage payments.
- All Regs: Provides an extensive and up-to-date database of mortgage lending guidelines.
- Articles by David Reed: A collection of home financing articles by a well-known author and speaker on technology and mortgage lending issues.
- Ask Mortgage Master: Provides answers to questions consumers may have regarding mortgages.
- Borrower's Guide to Home Loans: A borrower's guide that can help get the best possible loan and avoid bad, or predatory loans.
- Cancellation of Private Mortgage Insurance: July 2000 discussion about a pending federal law that would save consumers money on Private Mortgage Insurance.
- Cities Commerce Corp.: Offers a mortgage tutorial intended to educate homebuyers about mortgage products.
- Decision Aide: Complete set of tools and analysis to determine the optimal way to structure a home loan.
- Dept. of Housing and Urban Development: Government agency oversees home mortgage lending practices.
- Epinions: Mortgage Brokerages: Consumer-generated reviews, buying tips and advice, ratings, price information, and searchable in a variety of ways from price to product type.
- Eyes Wide Open: A mortgage guide for first time home buyers.
- Freddie Mac: Buying and Owning a Home: Comprehensive guide to mortgages, financing, credit, moving and remodeling.
- FreeMortgageHelp.com: Information and tips for residential mortgage financing.
- HUD Loans: Information about loans from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development any buying homes with a low down payment.
- HUD On Your Side: Buying A Home: Various topics are covered from settlement costs to buying land and new construction. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Home Buyer's Information Center: Presents a consumer guide to choosing a mortgage.
- Home Equity Credit Lines: Still current information about home equity loans from a 1992 FTC article.
- Home Equity Scams: Borrowers Beware!: What the practices are and how to protect yourself.
- Home Loan Guaranty Services, Veterans Benefits and Services: Information on the home loan program of the Veterans Administration.
- Jill Hill's Real Estate Guide: Practical tips to help you qualify for the loan you want.
- Loanlibrary.com: Free source for mortgage terminology, information, and guidelines.
- Looking for the Best Mortgage: Steps to take and pitfalls to watch out for when getting a home loan.
- Mortgage Discrimination: What the laws say they can't do.
- Mortgage Forum: Post questions and receive answers from mortgage professionals.
- Mortgage Orbit: Overview of the process of obtaining a mortgage along with lender options and a glossary.
- Mortgage Professor: Mortgage articles and resources by Wharton Professor and nationally syndicated mortgage columnist Jack M. Guttentag.
- Mortgage Protection and Critical Illness Insurance Policies: Life Insurance Direct offer mortgage protection, critical illness insurance, and level term assurance policies for mortgage payments insurance cover.
- Mortgage Refinancing Company: Provides information and a mortgage quote search service for consumers.
- Mortgage Talk: Offers a mortgage book plus advice on moving.
- Mortgage for Beginners: Information on fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, home equity loans, refinancing, and reverse mortgages. With a glossary and mortgage calculators.
- Mortgage-Helper.com: Information on purchasing homes with little or no money down.
- Mortgage-X: Calculators, mortgage market trends, detailed information on various loan programs, articles and publications, a large vocabulary of mortgage terms.
- National Center for Home Equity Conversion: Independent nonprofit organization established in 1981 to educate consumers about reverse mortgages.
- Need a Loan? Think Twice About Using Your Home as Collateral: Unscrupulous lenders and home equity loan scams.
- Real Estate Radio: Real Estate Radio guides listeners through a complicated world of Real Estate.
- Reverse Mortgages: What they are and how they work.
- The Educated Home Buyer: Former mortgage loan officer explains home buying process, including how to choose and work with a mortgage lender and real estate agent.
- The Loan Advisor: Objective advice on various types of loans ranging from home loans, refinancing, student loans, and first time mortgages.
- The Mortgage Journal: Mortgage rates for the northeast United States and home owner news.
- Understanding the Home Mortgage Process: US Federal Reserve Board provides information to help consumers understand the mortgage lending process.
- When Your Home Is on the Line: What one should know about home equity lines of credit. From the US Federal Reserve Board.