Search Home : Kids and Teens : Arts : Creative Writing
- KidPub: A site for young writers to submit their work or read work by other kids. Has over 40,000 submissions.
- All Write: Website ezine for young Australian writers to submit stories, poems and reviews online for publication.
- Books 4 Teens: Featuring book reviews for young adults/teens, short stories fiction, clean teen jokes, humorous funny photos, and links. Accepts submissions.
- Books by Children: An Internet library of stories written or inspired by children and young adults. Some have a read-to-me feature, allowing the viewer to hear the story read.
- Creative Writing Exercises: Creative writing exercises, story starters, and links to other similar resources for students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Crunch: Online magazine that accepts feature articles, art and technology reviews, and creative pieces from students. From the U.S. Department of Education.
- Global Story Train: Write the first, second or last chapter of a story that has been started and worked by other children around the world.
- Junior Writers Guild: A place for 12- to 20-year-olds to have their original poetry, fiction, and song lyrics published online.
- Kids on the Net Creative Writing: Read other children's stories, poetry, and creative non-fiction from all over the world, submit your own writing, read jokes, and read articles on how to write.
- Kidscribe: Publishes the poems, stories, and jokes of children and teens. In English and Spanish.
- NYPO Writing Circle: Creative writing site including jokes, text messages, stories and poetry.
- Poetry Corner: Site created by a teen poet for kids to read and submit poetry.
- Publish Kids: Allows users to submit writing or view work by others. Features stories, poems, journal entries, and essays. Includes a search engine of the submission database.
- Splatterbox Press: Features poetry written by children for children, sponsors writing contests, and accepts online submissions.
- Stone Soup Magazine: The website of Stone Soup Magazine, a magazine which publishes the writing and art of children from around the world. Submissions from outside the US can be submitted via e-mail.
- Stories Galore: Includes short stories, poems and book reviews.
- Teen Voices Online: Online version of print magazine centered around teen girls and their achievements, by teen girls, submissions accepted
- Trollope Society Short Story Prize: Annual $1,400 short story prize for school students aged 15 to 19 designed to promote creative writing and the novels of Anthony Trollope. Features winning stories from past years.
- Word Dance: Creative writing magazine for and by kids. Site includes sampling of contents, as well as submission and subscription information.
- Worldwide Children's Poetry for Peace: Solicits and publishes inspirational poems written by children all over the world.
- Writer's Refuge: A site for kids and teens to submit their stories and poems and talk to kids with their own interests on an active chatboard.
- Writing Fix: Community of Student Writers: Young people of all ages can come to this forum to talk about things they enjoy writing, as well as finding out how to put their thoughts into words.
- Yosemite Dreamin': Poems, stories, images, and book reviews inspired by Yosemite National Park.
- Young Fantasy Writers: For all children and teens with the love of writing fantasy. Share, read, and get tips on writing fantasy literature.
- Young Poets: Original poetry written by children ages 7-18, cartoon and movies reviews, on-site games, and literary links.
- Young Writer Online: An international magazine for young people's writing fiction and non-fiction, prose and poetry. Writing features, tips and competitions.
- Young Writer Resources: Very extensive listing of teen and kid-friedly writing sites, articles, contests, workshops, and published teen book listings.