Search Home : Kids and Teens : Arts : Dance
- "Csodaköször?" Children Folkdance Group: This is the official hompage of the "Csodaköször?" Children Folkdance Group from Sárospatak, Hungary. Site in English and Hungarian.
- A Brief History of Square and Round Dancing: Learn how this American style of dancing has its roots all the way back to Rome.
- A Child's Book for Learning 16 Rhythmic Dance Steps: Learn these dance steps from the pictures and directions, then practice the simple dances. Online in Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish.
- B-Boying: History of breakdancing.
- Bugs Bunny as the Hillbilly Hare: Script from a square dance sequence in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
- Children's Cultural Coalition of South Florida: Not-for-profit coalition of artists and arts organizations that create and provide programming for South Florida youth and families.
- Circle Dance Using Rhythmic Motor Skills and Songs: A `group` dance with singing for ages 4 and older to learn how to move in patterns, concentrate and cooperate.
- Contra Dancing and Matrices: Illustrated article explaining how contra dance patterns and rhythms are formed.
- Dance Audition Survival Tips: Describes how to prepare for and what to do at the audition.
- Dance Kids of Monterey County: Youth performing arts organization for ages 5 to 18 in Monterey County, California.
- Dance Meditation for Children and Teens at BellaOnline: Stretching exercises, expressive dancing, and a time for rest, relaxation and quiet time.
- Dance Nova Scotia (DANS): Information and resources about various dance forms in Nova Scotia.
- Dance the Dream: Dance site by a 13-year-old with tips, help, pictures, message board, polls, funny things, and everything about dancing.
- Dance-Kids.org: Features games, pictures, stories, and competitions for kids who love to dance.
- Ed Gilmore's Caller Instructor Course: A history piece of a square dance caller's instructor course by a nationally renowned square dance caller, written in 1949.
- Let's Dance Latin Style: Learn about different Latin dances and their origins.
- Louise Brooks Studies: A Denishawn Image Gallery: Photographs of modern American dance from the 1920s.
- Martha Graham (1894-1991): Founding her dance company in 1926 she became a driving force in modern contemporary dance in the 20th century.
- Medha Hari - Bharatanatyam Dancer: Child prodigy in Classical Indian Dance. Site includes photos, video clips, contact information.
- N2Arts: An online community and magazine for teens and young adults who are interested and involved in the performing and fine arts.
- Peak Invitational Dance Competition: Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and traveling all over Canada.
- Recreational Folk Dancing: Instructions for performing folk dances from many countries, and an index of books, music and costumes.
- Repertory Dance Theatre Ringmasters: Includes stories, puzzles and games designed to teach children about dance, theater and the performing arts.
- Rock Eisteddfod Challenge: Dance challenge in the USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand focuses on healthy, drug free participation of all students. [flash required]
- Ruth St. Denis (1879-1968): An article on the career of the first dancer who successfully combined theatrical and concert dance traditions.
- Square Dance History in the U.S.: History of an American dance style.
- Taps In Motions Clogging: Site about the clogging teams of Taps in Motion. Contact information and forum included. Located in Owingsville, Kentucky.
- Ted Shawn (1891-1972): Early pioneer in 20th century American modern dance; founder of Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival.
- Young-dancers.org: Dance site for teenagers featuring interviews with dance stars, galleries of photos, games, quizzes, competitions, e-cards and career advice.
- Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP): Official site of this American dance competition for ages 8 to 19 years old.
This category in other languages: