Search Home : Kids and Teens : Computers : Internet
- ABC's of the Internet: Offers information about the Internet and includes an Internet glossary.
- Beginners' Central: A chapter-by-chapter guide to the Internet. Topics include FTP, telnet, e-mail, and newsreaders.
- CenterSpan Internet Tutorial: Offers information about the Internet including the history of the Internet. Features an Internet quiz.
- ClassZone - Web Research Guide: Offers quizzes that cover Internet basics and a guide on doing research on the web.
- Entertaindom: Learn Internet basics and get inside tips from your favorite Looney Tunes characters.
- How to Bookmark a Page: Offers a guide on how to bookmark a web page.
- Internet Detective: An interactive tutorial on evaluating the quality of internet resources.
- Internet Island: Offers a guide on how to navigate the Internet, tools to understand browsers, and instructions on changing your home page.
- KidzEyes.com: Online survey panel where kids 6-14 can tell the companies that make products for them what they think of those products. Requires parental registration.
- Lollipop Cards: Animated email cards for children. Birthday, holiday, and get well cards.
- RobertNiles.com - Finding Data on the Internet: Offers a guide for finding reference information online.
- SOFWeb - Using the Internet: Offers a tutorial about the Internet, using the Internet, and more.
- Search Engine Tutorial by The Pandia Goalgetter: Search engine tutorial covering Boolean operators, directories, metasearch engines, error codes, and menu based searches.
- Surfing Safely on the Internet: Second and third grade students tell what the Internet is, explain how to navigate it, list the benefits of it, and share seven online safety rules.
- The Quality Information Checklist: Checklist to help assess the quality of the information that you find on the Internet. Includes an online quiz.
- The Web Tutorial: Find out about all sorts of internet terms like guestbooks, search engines, and browser skills.
- TheHelpWeb: A guide to getting started on the Internet. Includes sections on each portion of Internet use, including e-mail and FTP.
- ThinkQuest: An annual international website competition for students 9-19 years old.
- WWW CyberGuide Ratings for Content Evaluation: A form that can be printed out and used to evaluate websites.
- Widener University: Evaluating Web Resources: How to evaluate different types of sites. Includes questions and criteria lists. Lists 5 main criteria to use for all sites.
- Winners on Wheels - Internet 101: An introduction to the Internet and the Web and how to get started using them.
- Yahooligans! Glossary: Offers a glossary of Internet terms.
- Yenza: Learn to Use the Internet: Shows how to use the Internet for research. Explains the difference between search engines and directories and outlines search strategies.
This category in other languages: