Search Home : Kids and Teens : Health : Conditions and Diseases
- A Sibling's Site: Site for siblings of chronically ill children.
- A-Z of Children's Ailments: Alphabetic list of children's diseases, compiled by the BBC.
- American Brain Tumor Association Kids: Learn about brain tumors, share thoughts, get coping tips from other kids, or play games.
- Better Homes and Gardens Guide to Cold, Flu, and Allergies: Interactive guide helps people tell the difference between cold, flu, and allergy symptoms.
- Brave Kids: Offers resources to help children with chronic, life threatening illnesses or disabilities.
- Can Do Kids: Focus is on what kids can accomplish. Provides online games for geography, writing, an ability survey, dream sharing, and how to make the world a better place.
- Congenital Hip Displasia: Children: Support `group` for children, family, friends or carers. Includes pictures, information, links and message board.
- Disability Central: @ctivTeen: Online community where teens with disabilities can socialize, educate one another and just have fun together. Includes games, articles, and resources.
- Diseases Explained: Illustrated guide describes more than 25 common diseases and medical conditions. Includes symptoms of each as well as treatment options.
- Environmental Diseases from A to Z: Explores how air, water, sun, dust, plants, animals, chemicals, and metals can make people sick.
- Garfield Star Sleeper: Learn about the importance of getting enough sleep. Features downloadable fun pad, games, and contest winner entries presented in the form of Garfield comic strips.
- HeadLice.Org For Kids: Information and activities for kids presented by kids. Learn about head lice, their life cycle, and what they do.
- How Lou Got the Flu: Learn about how the flu bug made Louise sick.
- Kids Quest on Disability and Health: Explains what a disability is and answers common questions about living with one.
- KidsHealth: Obesity: Article provides information and tips for dealing with the problem of being overweight.
- MG Youth: Online support `group` for children and teens with myasthenia gravis. Includes personal stories and a message board.
- Salamanders Young Burn Survivors: Presents personal accounts of burn injuries, as well as facts and figures and an opportunity to share experiences.
- Seeing Disabilities from a Different Perspective: Fourth and fifth graders provide information on autism, blindness, cerebral palsy, and deafness. Includes causes, effects, and famous people who have suffered from these conditions.
- T-Generation - Tinnitus: Information on prevention and causes of ringing noises in ears. Presented by a teen as a `resource` for those who attend clubs or enjoy loud music.
- Taryn's World: About Switches: A kids guide to genetic disorders with stories, art gallery, and picture book to learn about what happens when switches in the body just don't work.
- Teenshealth: Infections: Who needs a flu shot? How long is mono contagious? This section has articles about infections that teens can get, with information about how they're spread, signs and symptoms, when to go to the doctor, and prevention.
- The Able Crew: Fun activities and information about disabilities to teach awareness and help children build self-esteem. Includes puzzles, games, coloring books and illusions.
- The Bearable Times Kids and Teens Club: The Children's Hospital Network for children in the hospital or who have disabilities.
- The Deadly Bugs of War: Provides information about anthrax, botulinum toxin, plague, smallpox, and tularemia.
- The Lupus Loop: Provides information for teens and preteens with Lupus.
- Tuberculosis - The Forgotten Killer: Created by a team from a Singapore secondary school, and presenting facts about this infectious disease using interactive features and animations.
- World ACM Foundation: A comprehensive site dealing with Arnold Chiari Malformation, in adults and teens.
- Your Genes, Your Health: A multimedia guide to genetic, inherited disorders, and Fragile X syndrome.