Search Home : Kids and Teens : Health
- Kid's Health: Health, fitness, food, drugs, alcohol, disease, infection, safety, sexual health, and mental health are covered here.
- ADHA - Kid's Stuff: Gives children valuable oral health information, answers to common questions about their teeth, and some fun online games by The American Dental Hygienists' Association.
- AboutHealth.com: An interactive web site for young people. Read true stories, from peers about handling the challenges of growing up.
- Ask Doctor Marla: Provides a place for teens to ask questions and get answers to their health related questions. Topics range from puberty to birth control, from body image to sports safety. Dr. Marla is a board certified family practitioner with fellowship training in adolescent medicine.
- BAM Body and Mind: Tips for kids about fitness, exercise, disease, and safety. Offers articles and other resources.
- BBC - Kid's Health: Teaches kids wanting to know how their body works and why, plus tips on improving their well-being.
- Canadian Health Network: Youth: Providing information and advice on many topics through FAQs, quizzes and games, with links to other helpful resources. [English and French]
- Children First and Always: Tells what a hospital is like and what its like to stay there. Also provides information about various illnesses and conditions.
- Children's Health: Guide to common childhood illnesses.
- Childstress.com: Information and ideas to help kids reduce stress and teaches the healthy benefits.
- Doctor Secrets: Everything Doctors Know in Plain English: Simple text and cartoons answer questions about everything from what causes acne to why doctors write so poorly.
- For Kids and Teens: Articles on dealing with a depressed parent, having a chronic illness, the role of the school nurse, and so forth.
- Health Start: Online games, health and fitness information, message boards, and resources for teachers.
- Health in the 17th Century: National Maritime Museum fact file answers common questions about hygiene and medicine in the 1600s.
- Healthy Kids: Features simple experiments as well as articles for kids, teens, and parents.
- Healthy Kids Planet: Learn about health, nutrition, and safety with fun pages, resources and links to interactive sites.
- InteliHealth: Visiting a Pediatrician: Printable coloring book, available in .gif and .pdf formats, helps prepare children for a visit to the doctor.
- Kid's Aid: Site for and by kids for grief support and peer support. Stories, poems, artwork, and an online support group.
- Kids Corner - Pediatric Oncall: Dr. Pedi tells all about the human body, its functioning and human body trivia.
- Kids Talking to Kids: An e-mail list where young people with serious illnesses can exchange messages. Requires subscription to access.
- KidsHealth.org: Discover how the body works and what can make the body sick by reading through these expert articles written just for kids.
- Land of Cyke: Learn about feelings and how your body works through fun games and interactive Flash movies.
- Medi Trends: Doctor P. Body presents information for children. Topics include safety, nutrition, drugs, alcohol, hygiene, activities, and health education.
- Patient Education Program: Series of articles help children and their families understand basic medical conditions, test, and procedures. Also includes a guide to home care and a wellness guide. From the Children's Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati.
- PediHeart Kid Zone: Learn about the heart, explore a few of the common congenital heart conditions and ask us your heart related questions.
- Rodale Institute's Kid's Regenerative Resource Center: Explores the links between healthy soil, healthy food, and healthy people using games and activities.
- Supertooth: A collection of projects and experiments for home and school, showing the effects of plaque on tooth enamel and how decay develops.
- The Heart: An online exploration of the heart for kids.
- TheAppleADay: A website for children who want to learn about a healthy lifestyle. Deals with aspects of physical and emotional health, sports, exercise, nutrition and relaxation.
- Walk in My Shoes: Learn what it feels like to be older and what happens to our bodies as we age.
- Youthealth: Games, interactive activities, and facts about body parts, systems, diseases, first aid, and resources.
This category in other languages: