Search Home : Kids and Teens : People and Society : Biography
- 4to40: Heros Forever: Provides short profiles of modern day leaders.
- Academy of Achievement: Introduces the men and women who shaped the 20th century. Includes profiles, biographies, and interviews.
- Biographical Dictionary: Contains information on more than 28,000 notable people from ancient times to the present day. Searchable by names, keywords, and dates.
- Biographies for Kids: Famous leaders page offers short biographies political leaders, scientists, inventors, athletes, and others who made a great impact on their world. Stories are written for elementary school students, and each page includes links and a dictionary of terms.
- Biography.com: Short biographies of famous people, ranging from actors and actresses to political leaders and historical figures.
- Canadian Heroes in Fact and Fiction: Short illustrated profiled of personalities, both historical and fictional, who have inspired and enriched the nation.
- Children's Encyclopedia of Women: Biographies of famous women written by third and fourth grade students.
- Distinguished Women of Past and Present: Tells the stories of hundreds of women who have helped to shape the course of history. Searchable by name or topic.
- Famous People with Disabilities: Short biographies of about a dozen famous people.
- Great Men and Women of the World: Provides biographies of great men and women of the world. Organized into sections on leaders and activists, heroes and humanitarians and scientists. Profiles available in English and French.
- Heroes of History: Selection of noteworthy persons, their accomplishments and failures.
- Images of Greatness: Fourth and fifth graders write about the lives and characters of twelve famous individuals.
- John Dillinger: Describes the man known as a desperado, bank robber, and someone that no jail could hold.
- Liberty's Kids: Web home of the animated series that introduces children to the exciting stories and people behind the birth of a nation. From PBS.
- MyHero.com: Tells the stories of ordinary people who have accomplished extraordinary things.
- PBS - History: Contains biographies of dozens of men and women whose lives have shaped the course of history.
- The Great, Famous and Infamous: A selection of biographies of people who have shaped the 19th and 20th centuries including actors, authors, and inventors.
- Their Stamp on History: Explores the lives of important historical people whose pictures have appeared on U.S. postage stamps.
- Time 100: Profiles the 100 most influential people of the 20th century as selected by TIME Magazine in five fields -- leaders and revolutionaries, artists and entertainers, builders and titans, scientists and thinkers, and heroes and icons.
- Women in History: Fifth graders share short biographies of 10 women who helped shape the 20th century.
This category in other languages: