Search Home : Kids and Teens : School Time : English : Literature : Poetry
- A Compendium of Poetry: Features a `resource` with information about authors and their poetry with a random selection.
- BBC Education - Listen and Write: Lets kids listen to examples of different styles of poetry and provides tips on using similes and the thesaurus. Has writing activities, audio poems, and a gallery of children's work.
- Barking Spiders: Collection of poetry and short stories by C.J. Heck. Also contains mazes and tongue twisters.
- Children's Haiku Garden: A collection of Haikus and illustrations from around the world.
- Critical Reading - A Guide: A description of the methods of critical reading/poetry analysis with examples of what to look for in the language.
- Dreampad: Features excerpts from the Children's Inspirational Poetry: Anthology of Poetry and Art.
- FizzyFunnyFuzzy.com: Humorous, entertaining and fun poetry for children.
- Forms of poetry for children: Gives brief explanations of several forms of poetry and provides examples of each. Also has links for further information and writing tips.
- Fugues of the Well-Tempered Clavier: Interactive Director movie that relates a Bach fugue to the meaning of fugue in Milton's "Paradise Lost" and Dante's "Inferno."
- Funny Poems For Kids: Includes funny poems, riddles, jokes, and tongue twisters.
- Giggle Poetry: Explains how to write poems, offers contests for young writers, features interviews with poets, and includes an assortment of poems for kids to read and rate.
- How to tell the Birds from the Flowers: All poems and pictures from this humorous book published in 1907, written and illustrated by Robert Williams Wood.
- Imaginesongs: A collection of original poems, songs, skits and animations by children's author and playwright Joe Thompson.
- It Frisselgrien: An international site from Dutch origin about poetry for everybody, with an English option. Accepts submissions.
- Jan Dean's Poetry Zoo: Filled with poems, stories and resources. Also includes material for teachers.
- Kristine O'Connell George: Features author information, ideas for students, audio clips, and poetry quotes.
- Mama Lisa's World: An archive of nursery rhymes and children's songs from all over the world.
- Ongoing Tales Old-Time Poetry: Collection of illustrated classic poems for children.
- Poetry and Fun Kid Style: Poetry for and by kids including animations.
- Poetry for Kids: Features poetry for kids about animals, weather, and aliens.
- Poetry on Stage: Original poetry for children of all ages by Rebecca Ives.
- PoetryKnot.net: Encourages, recognizes, and offers high school students a forum for publication of their creative expressions and an opportunity to receive feedback from readers.
- Poetryexpress: A guide to writing poetry with tips and techniques, sample poems, and a tool for creating inspirational bits.
- Quick and Dirty Guide to Reading Poetry: An English professor offers students some down-to-earth how-to advice on tackling poetry.
- River of Life: Includes poetry, art, memories, stories and visiting artists on the river theme.
- ShelSilverstein.com: Features animations, information about the author, activities for young readers, e-cards, and resources for teachers and parents.
- Student Poetry: Serious poetry from a published anthology of student works, includes the students illustrations.
- The Academy of American Poets: Searchable index of poems and poet biographies. Also includes audio files of works read by the author.
- The Poetry Zone: Contains poems by well-known children's poets and a educational material for teachers.
This category in other languages: