Search Home : Kids and Teens : School Time : Foreign Languages
- BBC Languages: Interactive lessons and games with sound clips and videos for learning basic phrases in Spanish, French, English, German, and Italian.
- Bahasa Indonesian: Learn basic Bahasa Indonesian, geared toward travelers. Offers 8 lessons with sound samples, a dictionary, and cultural notes.
- Basic Maltese Grammar: Learn the basics of Maltese including alphabet and numbers. For older students.
- Bilingual Vocabulary Quizzes: Java quizzes to test your vocabulary in over 20 languages.
- Dutch for Beginners: Introduction to Dutch grammar and vocabulary.
- Education Guardian - Language Learning: Specially selected articles, written and audio, to broaden vocabulary and grammatical skills while also learning more about each country. French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Hebrew for Me: A collection of interactive, Hebrew mini-lessons from Jewish/Israel sites around the world.
- Hungarian Words and Phrases: Teaches basic Hungarian words and phrases, numbers, months, and days. Each word and phrase has its own WAV file to help pronunciation.
- Learn Dutch: Online language course covering vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Learn to Speak Swahili: Translates common words and phrases from English to Swahili. Pronunciation can be heard with the use of RealPlayer.
- Learning American Sign Language Using Alphabet Flash Cards: Activities for learning the Sign Language alphabet by using American Sign Language Flashcards.
- LingoZone: Place to learn languages and meet people from all over the world. Uses My Vocabulary, a tool that creates word lists and manages them.
- LinguaWeb: A revision `resource` which helps with learning French, Spanish, German, and Italian. For older students and requires free registration.
- Lithuanian: Animated project to learn some words in Lithuanian
- Little Explorers : Portuguese Dictionary: Translations from English to Portuguese with a picture dictionary.
- Modern and Ancient Alphabets: Displays more than 30 alphabets from around the world.
- Mr Russell's French and Spanish Help: Many activities for learning French and Spanish, created by a teacher at Prospect High School in Illinois.
- Multikultur@: University of Cambridge language aspiration project focuses on inspiration through cultural learning. Registration required.
- Norwegian Language Lessons: In depth topical tutorials for learning to speak Norwegian.
- Say Hello to the World: Learn to say "hello" in over 30 different languages, plus find links to resources about the languages, the cultures, and language learning on the Web. From the Internet Public Library.
- Sutton High Sports College Modern Foreign Languages: Help with learning French, German, Russian, and Spanish. Links to useful games and activities on other websites; revision ideas.
- Swahili Language: Gives translations of common words between English and Swahili, and also demonstrates their pronunciation.
- The Greek Language: Information on grammar, pronunciation, and the Greek alphabet. Also has some historical background.
This category in other languages: