Search Home : Kids and Teens : School Time : Reference Tools : Dictionaries
- WordCentral.com: Merriam-Webster's site for kids has a student dictionary, Daily Buzzword, and interactive word games. Includes homework help and lesson plans for parents and teachers.
- ArtLex: Dictionary of visual art defines more than 3,500 art-related terms. Also includes a comprehensive collection of artwork and famous quotes.
- Biographical Dictionary: Read about more than 28,000 notable men and women from history. Search by names, dates, professions, achievements, and more.
- Dictionary.com: Online English dictionary, thesaurus and reference guide. Includes word games, online translator, and word of the day feature.
- DinoDictionary.com: Features profiles of over 300 known dinosaurs along with pronunciations of their names.
- Fact Monster: An online dictionary with definitions of over 125,000 words.
- Free On-line Dictionary of Computing: A searchable dictionary of terms from computing and related fields.
- Giant Picture Dictionary: Free online picture dictionary. Includes pictures representing both concrete and abstract concepts.
- Ice Phoenix Vocab Project: Downloadable program that looks up entire lists of vocabulary words.
- Little Explorers: Picture dictionary gives definitions, pictures, and Internet links for over 2,350 entries. Includes translations for English to and from Dutch, French, Spanish, and more.
- MSN Encarta Dictionary: Online dictionary with over 100,000 entries, definitions, and pronunciations.
- NetLingo Dictionary: Provides a glossary of Internet jargon and acronyms.
- OneLook Dictionary Search: Type in a word and search many dictionaries at once. Also has a reverse dictionary.
- PSEUDOdictionary: Defines everyday words including slang, webspeak, and colloquialisms.
- Realdictionary.com: Features search to locate words by initial letters and numbers.
- RhymeZone: Online rhyming dictionary. Search for a word and get a list of potential words that rhyme in addition to a definition.
- Terminology Collection: Online Dictionaries: Glossaries for several languages and for specialized fields from the University of Vaasa, Finland.
- The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Contains over 90,000 entries, including 70,000 audio word pronunciations.
- The Internet Picture Dictionary: Free, online multilingual picture dictionary with interactive activities for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and ESL learners.
- The Skeptic's Dictionary: Definitions and essays on occult, paranormal, and supernatural ideas and practices from the point of view of someone who is a sceptic, that is, does not believe in these things.
- WebDictionary.co.uk: Online dictionary and reference website.
- Webopedia: Definitions of many computer-related terms, from hardware to the internet.
- Wordsmyth: A dictionary and thesaurus in one. Also gives parts of speech and examples for more than 50,000 words.
- wordIQ: Search on several different dictionaries, an encyclopedia, and the web.