Search Home : Kids and Teens : School Time : Reference Tools
- A+ Homework Helper: Downloadable software designed to help students locate age-appropriate web information on an array of topics.
- Bartleby.com: Search for famous quotes, classic literature, and nonfictional works. Site also includes dictionary, encyclopedia, and thesaurus.
- Ben's Phaster Online Reference Desk: Reference search guide. Research portal covers biography, dictionary, encyclopedia, language translation, thesaurus, world and city maps
- Copyright Rights and Wrongs: Students learn the importance and procedures for respecting intellectual property and how to ask permission to use images on the web. Site designed by 5th and 6th grade students for Thinkquest Junior.
- Discover: All about the earth, its people, science, discoveries, and language.
- Electronic Text Center: Online archive includes over 45,000 classic texts in 12 languages.
- Emily Post: Rules of Etiquette: Guide to good manners includes thousands of tips on correspondence, party giving, and conduct in every public or private setting.
- FactMonster: Includes searchable information related to sports, entertainment, geography, history, biography, education, and health.
- Finding Data on the Internet: A journalist teaches other writers how to use the Internet to find facts.
- Gary Price Fast Facts: Compilation of quick reference resources, including almanacs, statistics, and fact books.
- Info Zone Research Skills Area: Exploration of the research process and links to related sites.
- Infonation: View and compare statistical data for countries that are a part of the United Nations. Find everything from land size to population, average temperature to crime rates.
- Inter-Lace Webtopics Directory:: This teacher-librarian designed website contains searching tips and a weblinks topic subject list for teachers and students. Contains a high percentage of Australian links.
- Internet Public Library Kidspace: Reference: General reference, including links to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and almanacs.
- Martindale's Reference Desk: Massive collection of links to reference resources includes language centers, calculators, maps, science tables and important websites of various countries.
- My Virtual Reference Desk: Links to a variety of resources including news, weather, sports, encyclopedias, facts on file, FAQs, and tutorials.
- NoodleQuest: Free service offers automated search engine strategy development.
- Research-It: Look up the meaning of a word, find out when a famous person lived, or identify a foreign language at this one-stop research center.
- Simpson's Contemporary Quotations: online database and comprehensive list of world's most notable quotations from 1950-1980.
- TekMom's Search Tools for Students: An easy-to-use, one-page reference desk for students. Includes kids' search engines, encyclopedias, biographies, images, dictionaries, and maps.
- The Amazing Picture Machine: Index to graphical resources and maps on the internet. Database of all types of images suitable for children.
This category in other languages: