Search Home : Kids and Teens : School Time : Science : Living Things : Animals
[A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z ]
- A Career in Veterinary Medicine: The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association provides information for young people who are interested in veterinary medicine.
- A View from the Zoo: Animal Facts: Offers fun facts, e-cards and stories.
- AVMA Kids' Korner: Activities, games, tips, and other information to help kids learn to care for pets.
- African Fauna: Includes facts, photos and information.
- Amazing Animal Articles: Articles about a number of animal topics, including evolution and predation.
- Amazing Animal Senses: Examples of how some animals sense the outside world and the anatomical structures that allow them to do so.
- Animal Attraction: Strange pictures of various beasts from the Washington Post.
- Animal Doc Com: For kids who would like to be veterinarians. Animal health and care information, puzzles and contests.
- Animal Information For Kids: Designed by an eight-year old Includes information about biomes,animal fiction, current events, sayings,fun facts, links, an interactive quiz, and an opportunity to write in questions.
- Animal Slide Show: A simple slide show with various photos of animals.
- Animal Trial: View animal pictures with information on each animal. Test your knowledge with the question panel.
- Animal facts: Weird facts about animals.
- Animals: Contains information about animals which are not famous or common, including the sea cow, anaconda, tiger moth, and rice rat. Also includes articles and questions.
- Animals: Contains facts such as why a zebra has stripes, what makes a rattlesnake rattle, and how the fire-bellied toad uses it's colors as a warning to other predators.
- Animals: Learn all about amphibians, birds, fishes, mammals and reptiles from this page sponsored by the Sedgwick County Zoo.
- Animals: Graphics, quizzes and links to help students learn basic animal concepts. Includes protozoa and simple animals as well.
- Animals Past and Present: Includes a history of animals that lived in Illinois 65 million years ago, 10 million years ago, and today. Also offers an explanation about what happened to the dinosaurs.
- Are You Thinking about Becoming a Veterinarian?: Frequently asked questions about how someone becomes a vet including career information, veterinary medicine, jobs, education, salary, advice, schools, and personal experiences.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation: Our Animals: Australian animals, their physical features, food, home and environment and social groups. Based on a TV series.
- Australian Fauna: Information on a wide range of diverse Australian animals. Includes wildlife sanctuaries, quizzes and photos.
- Australian Wildlife: Australian wildlife photographs featuring mammals, birds, frogs and lizards from Queensland, Australia. Audio is available for many of the bird, mammal and frog calls.
- BBC - CBBC - Wild: Find out what makes your pet tick, how to help wildlife, competitions, quizzes and webcams.
- BBC Nature Online - Animals: A site for anyone interested in animals and the natural world around them. Includes special features, fact sheets, and online quizzes.
- Baby Animals Names: Multiple choice question and answer to the correct names of baby animals. Pictures included.
- Bertie's Vertebrate Quiz: Quizzes, puzzles and problems about vertebrate animals. Different difficulty levels.
- Bunyips: Fun Australian Flash site dedicated to the history and lore of the Bunyips.
- Cool Animal Pictures: Offering tiger, wolf, dolphin and bird pictures.
- Densmore Forest: Contains games, quizzes, and activities about animals. Also includes activities about mythical creatures.
- EcoKids: Games & Activities About Wildlife: Learn about amphibians, birds, mammals, invertebrates and underwater creatures in this collection of interactive activities.
- Food Chains and Webs: What is a food chain? Find out why there are more herbivores than carnivores. Multiple-choice questions and an interactive activity to create your own food web.
- Free Animal Trivia Web Quizzes: Each quiz selects ten animal trivia facts at random. Requires Flash.
- Gardensafari: Pictures and basic information about common animals found in the garden. Also offered in Dutch.
- Journey North: A Global Study of Wildlife Migration: Students across North America track the journeys of a dozen migratory species, share their field observations with classrooms across the Hemisphere, and are linked with scientists who share their expertise directly.
- JungleWalk: Collection of animal movie and audio clips, websites, posters, and books. Includes insect, birds, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and other invertebrates.
- Kids Go Wild: Explore a virtual zoo with animal facts, games, wildlife news, and information on conservation efforts.
- Living Organisms 2002: Basic classification of animals.
- Logan's Animal Adaptations: A site constructed by a first grader showing how animals must adapt to their environment in order to survive. Includes graphic organizers.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Includes games, coloring pages, and other activities about koalas and Australian animals.
- Moosalini Quack Quack Krazy Kreatures: Pictures of seals, puppies, moose, and ducks.
- Morris the Tortoise's Wild World of Animals: Original articles about animals, artwork, and links to resources, including animal webcams.
- Photoarchives - Josef Hlasek: Features photo galleries. Includes plants, birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies and moths, beetles, nerve-winged insects, dragonflies and other animals.
- Pond Dipping: Find out about frogs, toads and tadpoles, newts and pond bugs, how to pond dip, and how to make a wildlife pond. Send in pictures and reports of pond animals you have seen.
- Scott's Awesome Animals: Learn about and see photos of mammals, reptiles, and pets. Site created by an 8-year-old.
- SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Animal Information Database: Contains information about several types of animals ranging from mammals, birds, and even marine life.
- Skull Collection: Picture gallery of skulls from mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, sharks, and crustaceans. Also offers a chart comparing the sizes, a map of skull bones, and a description of how you prepare skulls.
- The Animal Diversity Web: General information about all genres of the animal kingdom, from mammals to reptiles.
- The Predator Page: Information about predators such as Great White sharks, tigers, and cheetahs. Includes many pictures, links, and information.
- Visual Dissecting: Perform dissections of a bullfrog and a fetal pig. Includes a glossary and message board.
- World Wildlife Fund: Just for Kids: Provides fact sheets, interactive quizzes, photographs, video clips, and teacher's guides.
- World Wildlife Fund: Kids: Information and activities related to wildlife and endangered species.
- Zoobooks - The Encyclopedia of Animals: Tons of reliable animal information and resources, plus links to other homework sites.
This category in other languages: