Search Home : News : Newspapers : Regional : Australia
- Australian Jewish News: Published weekly with editions in Melbourne and Sydney, this newspaper started as The Hebrew Standard in 1895. Site offers gallery of historic front covers, an archive, contact details and current news.
- Australian Press Council: Contains database of the decisions of this industry watchdog `group` since 1976.
- Australian Times: Free weekly publication for Australians living in the United Kingdom.
- Bhara Times: Free monthly newspaper for Indian-Australians.
- Campus Review: Australasian newspaper dedicated to reporting higher education and vocational education and training issue. A subscription-based publication published 48 times a year on Wednesday in hard copy and online.
- Catholic Leader: This site is the online edition of The Catholic Leader, which is published every Sunday by the Corporation of the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and is distributed to parishes around Australia.
- Checkout Classifieds: The classifieds featured on this site are provided by the Australian regional newspaper network, APN.
- Computer Trader: Fortnightly paper featuring swap market details and free classifieds.
- Crikey: Independent analysis of Australian media and politics.
- Daily press online: Index of major newspapers within Australia.
- Fairfax Community Newspapers: Company gateway site and links to dozens of free Melbourne-based and Sydney-based suburban publications.
- Fairfax@Market: Classifieds Drawn from the Fairfax chain of newspapers. Covers jobs, motors, homes, property, businesses for sale, tradespeople, buying and selling, auctions, tenders and personals.
- FarmOnline: Entry point for the online version of a `group` of Rural Press publications - Australian Farm Journal, Farm Weekly, North Queensland Register, Queensland Country Life, Stock & Land, Stock Journal, and The Land.
- Financial Review: Updated daily and a pre-eminent source for business and finance news and analysis, political commentary and opinion.
- Green Left Weekly: Online version of the progressive newspaper published by the Democratic Socialist Party (Australia). As an Australian alternative newspaper, it campaigns for workers' rights, supports the environment, fights racism and sexism, and gives solidarity for international struggles.
- IPMG - Independent Print Media Group: IPMG's publishing operations deliver more than 5000 pages of magazines and newspapers nationally each month. This site details the companies many aspects in design and project management, training and print management.
- Index of Australian newspapers online: The National Library of Australia provides links to a large number of Australian newspapers on the Internet.
- InfoKoori: Provides an index to articles published in the Koori Mail newspaper and to information on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, issues and events from various sources.
- Local Government Focus: A free, independent paper that is distributed monthly to local councils across Australia.
- Media Ownership Regulation in Australia: A report issued by the Parliamentary Library.
- National Indigenous Times: Aboriginal news provider with up-to-date news articles.
- Nursing Review: National paper dealing exclusively with issues and information relevant to this profession.
- Old News Copy: A growing index of items published in early Australian newspapers. Topics including advertisements, shipping lists, market reports, court reports and all general commentary from the 1840s to the 1920s. A photocopy of the complete page can be ordered.
- OzSearch Internet Guide: Today's National Headlines: Daily summaries of front page articles from the major national news publications.
- PANPA: Industry site for the Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers' Association Inc (PANPA) which acts as an information exchange for its 300 company members in 14 countries.
- The Hutt River Independent: Official news site for the principality which legally seceded from the Commonwealth of Australia in 1970. Publication is periodic and achieved on a voluntarily basis. Site offers links to previous issues and other official documents.
- The Australian: The national newspaper online.
- The Australian and New Zealand Monthly Magazine (1842): Page archive spanning six issues of this early colonial periodical which dealt with social conditions, emigration and immigration.
- The Chaser: Australia's leading satirical newspaper.
- The Guardian: The weekly newspaper of the Communist Party of Australia.
- The Trading Post: Site provides classified advertisements published weekly from the 10 Trading Post publications across Australia.
- The Walkley Awards: Annual awards recognise excellence in Australian journalism.
- Victorian Country Press Association: Industry body for non-daily country newspapers with members throughout five states.
- Winning Post: Horse racing newspaper published weekly with the proceeds assist the DOXA Foundation for underprivileged children. This site contains stories, photos and more from the newspaper as well as information about products from Winning Post Press.
- YourGuide - newspaper portal: Yourguide provides online versions of local newspapers which contain listings of property, jobs and motor vehicles for sale, entertainment, dining details and reviews, and classified listings of local trades and services.
- f2: Collective gateway for the Fairfax Interactive Network, a wholly owned subsidiary of John Fairfax Holdings Limited. Site provides links to the company's many newspapers, and its directories, financial services and classified sites.