Search Home : Recreation : Camps : Academic
- American Collegiate Adventures: Three to six-week pre-college enrichment programs for students completing grades 9, 10 or 11. Held in Wisconsin and Spain. US program includes Princeton Review SAT preparation and visits to area universities. Seville cultural immersion program includes study at the Institute of International Studies and Spanish instruction. Schedules, courses, and contact information.
- Camp Invention: Week long summer enrichment day camps offered in elementary schools across the United States to enhance campers' understanding of science, math, history, and the arts. Includes locations, FAQ, program descriptions, dates, rates, and registration form.
- Camp Science Safari: Operates week-long day camps for ages 4-11. Each camp focuses on a different scientific exploration such as archaeology or robotics. Held at two locations in San Diego, California. Schedule, programs, rates, and registration form.
- Discovery Camp: Offers five- and ten-day residential science education/adventure camps for 9-13 year olds and Counselor Assistant Program for 14-17 year olds. Held at Keystone Science School in Keystone, Colorado. Daily schedule, program details, dates, rates, and registration form.
- Education Unlimited: Academic summer camps for students in grades 4 to 12, offering SAT prep, computers, acting, public speaking, and college courses on campuses including Stanford, Berkeley, and UCLA. Includes course details and registration information.
- Glimpses of China: Cultural exposure program in Shanghai for high-achieving high school students from North America and Europe. Program details, admissions criteria, FAQ, fees, and application request form.
- Global Youth Village: Program for youths, ages 13-18, from around the world to meet and gain skills and perspectives on development issues, prejudice, peace building, and community action. Held in Bedford, Virginia. Sample daily schedule, program details, photos, dates, and rates.
- Goddard Youth Camp: Offers day and resident programs. The camp and museum (which focuses on geology, archeology, and native cultures) are available for use by non-profit youth groups and schools. Located in Sulphur, Oklahoma in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Photos, directions, and contact information.
- Joseph Baldwin Academy for Eminent Young Scholars: Three week, challenging academic programs for qualified students who have completed the 7th, 8th, or 9th grade. Held at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. Qualifications, courses, schedule, staff, and fees.
- MITE2S - Minority Introduction to Engineering, Entrepreneurship, and Science: Six week residential summer program at MIT that introduces promising Native American, Hispanic American, and African American high school juniors to engineering, science, and entrepreneurship. Program is 100% scholarship-based. Curriculum, class schedule, and application information.
- MSSM Summer Camps: Day and boarding programs for boys and girls in grades 5-9. Offers hands-on classes in math, science, and technology as well as recreational activities. Held at the Maine School of Science and Mathematics in Limestone. Calendar, daily schedule, FAQ, and downloadable application form.
- Musiker Discovery Programs: Pre-college enrichment programs for high school students at 7 universities; summer enrichment experience for students completing grades 6, 7, or 8 using Skills for Mind and Body Curriculum; 3 to 6-week tours of the US, Canada, and Europe for grades 7-12. FAQ and registration forms. [Flash required]
- National Youth Science Camp: Month-long camp for young scientists the summer after they graduate from high school. Held at a rustic camp near Bartow, West Virginia. Two students from each state are invited by their governor to participate in this all-expenses-paid program. FAQ, photo gallery, related links, and contact details.
- Pint-Size Science Preschool Discovery Camp: Discovery-based science day camp for children ages 3-5. Topics include worms, magnets, volcanos, electricity, and matter. Located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. Dates, fees, themes, and contact information.
- San Francisco Bay Area, Roleplay Workshop Summer Programs: Offers day camp for ages 10 and up and one-week camping trips for ages 13 and up. While participating in a roleplaying game, students practice basic math, learn ecology, anthropology, organizational skills, and how to work with each other. Rates, dates, and printable registration form.
- Satori Camp: Resident and commuter non-competitive summer experience for academically gifted 13-18 year olds. Held on Eastern Washington University's main campus in Cheney. FAQ and downloadable registration form.
- Summer Institute For The Gifted: Three-week residential, co-educational, summer program for academically talented students in grades 1-11. Program blends college-level courses and traditional summer camp activities. Held at selected colleges, universities, and prep schools in the northeastern United States. Courses, campuses, tuitions, and application form.
- Summer Science Day Camps: Day camps for K-8, held at American Heritage Academy in Canton, Georgia. Offers a variety of programs with activities including chemistry, model building, and video game creation. Program schedules, FAQ, rates, and registration form.
- Summer Study Programs: Offers pre-collegiate experience with college credit programs and enrichment programs at Penn State University, the University of Colorado at Boulder, and The American University of Paris. Programs, staff, FAQ, and application forms.
- Super Camp: Teaches learning and life skills in four program levels for all types of students from grade 4 to 12+. Offers a balance of outdoor activities and academic studies. Campus locations, dates, tuition, program details, and FAQ.
- Virginia Air & Space Center Camps: Offers day camps throughout the year for ages 5-16, with a variety of hands-on science themes. Also offers overnight camp-ins for scouts and school groups. Located in Hampton, Virginia. Includes program descriptions, dates, and registration forms.
- Wizards of Science: Science day camp for children ages 5-14 in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Features hands-on experiments and take-home projects in a variety of sciences. Topics covered, dates, rates, and registration form.