Search Home : Recreation : Collecting : Books
- A Guide to Book Collecting in the 21st Century: Information on beginning or sustaining a book collection from Roger Gozdecki, a collector and seller of books for more than 20 years.
- Antiquarian Book Values: An article offering assistance on determining the value of old and rare books.
- Antique & Collectible Books: Classified ads for books at collectibleclassifieds.com
- Arizona Center for the Book: Educational outreach of the Library of Congress to stimulate interest in books, reading, libraries, and research about the historic role of the book and print culture in society. Includes links.
- Bibliomania: Information of interest to book lovers and collectors. Book search engines, resources, supplies, series information.
- Book Collecting from About.com: Provides resources to start, evaluate, and grow a book collection.
- Book Hunter Press: Book fair calendar, dealer search capacity, used book market reports, and print and subscription online regional used book lovers' guides.
- Book Information Website: Devoted to all aspects of books.
- Book Sales in America: A guide to used book bargains at book sales held by libraries and other non-profit organizations.
- Books and Book Collecting: A large collection of information and links useful to book collectors.
- British Internet Bookdealers: Used, out-of-print, old, rare and antiquarian books. Free online searching of the central register of BIB handling used, out-of-print, old, rare and secondhand books, searchable by specialist field or name.
- British Isles Library History: A database with information on over 27,000 libraries in the British Isles.
- Centenary Book Project: A current compilation of top ten books of the 20th century.
- Center for the Book: A Library of Congress affiliate featuring, state center affiliates, community of the book organizations, reading promotion partners, book fairs and other literary events.
- Collecting Rare Books: A guide to understanding the basics of book collecting and using online resources as well as links to other useful sites.
- Digital Librarian: Links of interest to the book collector.
- Early Penguin Paperbacks: Early history of the series and a checklist of the first fifty books.
- Elly's Book Emporium: A Frederick Warne Observer books collectors' `resource` including history, publishers, and links.
- English Bible History: A history and timeline of the development of English language translations of The Bible.
- Everyman's Library: A distinctive collection of collectible, hardcover editions of the world's classics.
- Firsts Magazine: Resource for book collecting, including first editions, rare, and antiquarian books.
- Guide To Rare Book Values: Auction prices for over 35,000 collectible and rare books, auction selling tips, autograph gallery, glossary, and links.
- History of the Book in Canada: Home of a committee formed by the Bibliographical Society of Canada and charged with developing a history of books in Canada.
- I Buy Vintage Paperbacks: I buy paperback books such as science adult if published before 1975. Let me know what you have.
- In Aedibvs Aldi: The legacy of Aldus Manutius and his press.
- Information on Facsimile Books: An introduction to facsimile books, faithful recreations of the original. From Finn's Fine Books.
- Jefferson's Legacy: A Brief History of the Library of Congress and a chronology of the collections with a selected bibliography on the library.
- Literary Resources -- Bibliography and History of the Book: An index of web resources focusing on those of interest to scholars.
- Littera Scripta: Antiquarian, used & rare books on the Internet: A Reader's Guide. Includes resources for readers, book collectors, and booksellers.
- Llydien Favourite Antiquarian Bookstores: Descriptions of second-hand/antiquarian bookstores in England and abroad.
- Modern Library Collecting: Articles and resources for collectors of the Modern Library series.
- Observer Pocket Books: Information on the Observer's Book series including a history, title list and collector's club.
- RBMS homepage: Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the American Library Association
- Rainbow Forest: Information on Whisper the Winged Unicorn books, series checklist, illustrations, and links. Also offers banner, rainbow, and sticker downloads.
- Rare Book School: Five-day courses at the University of Virginia on the history of the manuscript book, typography, book illustration, bookbinding, descriptive bibliography, rare book librarianship and related subjects.
- Resources for Booksellers and Book Collectors: Information on and links to UK specialist booksellers, associations, search databases, book binding, repair and conservation materials, bibliographies, library archives, and related topics.
- Rosenbach Home Page: The Rosenbach is a museum of art and antiques and library of rare books and manuscripts, housed in a historic 19th century mansion in Philadelphia, PA.
- Searchenginez.com - Book Collecting: Guides and tips for describing, caring for, identifying, and pricing books.
- The Art of the Ex Libris: A large site dedicated to bookplate collecting with sections focusing on heraldic bookplates and modern bookplates.
- The Clique: Computer and internet services for bookdealers, librarians and book collectors.
- The History of Printing: A history of the development of printed books, maps and manuscripts.
- The International Directory of Second-Hand Bookshops: A listing of bookshops worldwide. Some content is in French only.
- The Toy Catalog Collector: Photographic archive of a collection of old and rare catalogs of toy models such as trains.
- Used Books Hatteras Campfire: Forum devoted to discussing, exchanging, buying, and selling used and rare books.
- Winston Science Fiction Classics: A list of books in this series along with cover scans of some of them.
- Wonderful World Of Pop-up And Animated Books: About collecting pop-up and animated books. Over 2000 book exhibits, collectors message board, price guide, and links.
- Your Old Books: This guide covers some frequently asked questions about rare books and book values. No attempt has been made to identify or to evaluate individual books.
- a.k.a.: Author pseudonyms, aliases, nicknames, working names, legalized names, pen names, noms des plumes, and maiden names.
- rec.collecting.books FAQ: Information on the Usenet newsgroup and answers to commonly asked book collecting questions.