Search Home : Recreation : Food : Events
- Avocado Festival: Includes map, scheduled events, history, vendor applications, and entry forms for contests including biggest avocado and best guacamole. Held in October in Carpinteria, California.
- Barnesville Potato Days Festival: Celebrates the potato with peeling and picking contests, a lefse cookoff, potato sack fashion show, mashed potato sculpturing, bushels of potato foods and other events and activities. Held in August in Barnesville, Minnesota.
- Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off: Takes place in Sparks, Nevada and features competitors vying for the title of Best in the West. Held in early September. Provides entertainment schedule, general information and press releases.
- Big Pig Jig: Includes a hog calling contest and a pork barbecue competition with three categories. Site provides schedule of events, entry forms, and lists nearby lodging. Held early October in Vienna, Georgia.
- Boston Vegetarian Food Festival: Sponsored by the Boston Vegetarian Society, featuring free tastings, guest speakers, and exhibitors. Held in October in Boston, Massachusetts.
- California Strawberry Festival: Held in Oxnard, California, the third weekend of May. Non-profit organizations create and sell a myriad of foods featuring strawberries. Site includes vendor and volunteer information, and press releases.
- Caribbean Cake Event: Celebrates traditional black cake making, and its role in African-Caribbean culture. Held in December in London, England.
- Castroville Artichoke Festival: Features a classic car show, parade, cooking and art competitions, farmer's market, and entertainment. Held in mid-May annually since 1959 in Castroville, California.
- Chitlin' Strut: Focuses on the Southern tradition of fried pig intestines, also known as chitlins or chitterlings. Activities include a parade, hog-calling contest, a beauty pageant, and carnival rides. Held annually in Salley, South Carolina, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Cranberry Festival of Chatsworth: A celebration of the New Jersey cranberry harvest, and a tribute to local culture. Special emphasis is given to the artisans of the festival. Held on a weekend in mid-October in Chatsworth, New Jersey.
- East Maui Taro Festival: Focusing on kalo or taro, Hawaii's traditional staple food. Features information on taro, past festivals, schedule, and dates. Held in Spring in Hana, Hawaii.
- Elephant Garlic Festival: Held in August in North Plains, Oregon, with many foods showcasing elephant garlic. Includes event and shuttle schedules, past festival photos, and information for vendors.
- Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival: Includes menu and schedule of events. Four-day event held in January in Fellsmere, Florida.
- Florida Strawberry Festival: Includes schedule, ticket ordering, rules of contests, and attractions. Annual event since 1930, held over 10 days in late February and early March in Plant City, Florida.
- Giant Omelette Celebration: French cultural exchange program which includes the cooking of a 5,000 egg omelette. Celebration includes an art and craft show, antique car show, tour of homes, Cajun bands, food and dancing. Occurs in November in Abbeville, Louisiana.
- Gilroy Garlic Festival: Includes ticket information, list of vendors, entertainment and cook-off schedules. Held the last full weekend of July, in Gilroy, California.
- Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival: Features cooking contests, eating competitions, a parade, entertainment, and demonstrations. Held the first weekend in June, in Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- International Rice Festival: Events include rice eating, cooking, and grading contests. Site provides history, ticket and event information, and photographs from past events. Occurs in October in Crowley, Louisiana.
- Jackson County Apple Festival: First held in 1937, features beauty contests for adults and children, parades, sporting events, rides, and entertainment. Held the third full week of September in Jackson, Ohio.
- Kona Coffee Cultural Festival: Features Hawaiian coffee culture and heritage. Includes the Miss Kona Coffee scholarship pageant, parades, coffee tastings, coffee picking contest, and arts and crafts. Held annually since 1970 in November on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Louisiana Pecan Festival: Celebrates the native nut and the farmers who grow it. Events include a Queen and Teen Queen contest. Held on the first full weekend of November each year in Colfax, Louisiana.
- MangoMania Tropical Fruit Fair: Includes schedule of events, profiles of entertainers, photo gallery, and ticket ordering. Two-day event held in July in Pine Island, Florida.
- Marshall County Blueberry Festival: Showcases include craft booths, food, entertainment, and a beauty contest. Held over Labor Day weekend in Plymouth, Indiana.
- McClure Bean Soup Festival: Occuring since 1891, featuring bean soup history, recipes, and memorabilia. Held over a weekend in mid-September in McClure, Pennsylvania.
- National Buffalo Wing Festival: Held in Buffalo, New York on Labor Day weekend. Features some of the best Buffalo wing restaurants, live music, and a chicken wing eating contest.
- National Cherry Festival: Features an event schedule, competitive event information, sporting events, and entertainment. Held in July in Traverse City, Michigan.
- National Cornbread Festival: News and information about this yearly event, including recipes from past winners. Held in April in South Pittsburg, Tennessee.
- National Date Festival: Part of the Riverside County Fair, featuring more than 7,000 exhibits and competitions related to the fruit. Held in February in Indio, California.
- New Jersey Tomato Festival: Held in August on the Camden Waterfront at Wiggins Park, Camden. Documents describe activities including demonstrations by chefs, gardener presentations, tomato war, food and craft vendors.
- North Carolina Watermelon Festival: Held annually since 1986, featuring competitions, sporting events, and a beauty contest. Weekend festival in late July, located in Fair Bluff, North Carolina.
- Oakdale Chocolate Festival: Located near the west coast headquarters for the Hershey Chocolate company, the festival features arts and crafts, games, competitions, entertainment, and activities for children. Held on the third weekend of May in Oakdale, California.
- Olathe Sweet Corn Festival: Celebrates agriculture and the locally grown corn. Includes schedule of events, history, sponsors and photographs.
- Poteet Strawberry Festival: Events include a "Taste of Texas" food show and auction, music, arts and crafts. Occurs in April in Poteet, Texas and raises funds for scholarships and community projects.
- Powell River's Blackberry Festival: Week-long celebration features different events each day, ranging from sports competitions to markets and a street party. Held in August in Powell River, British Columbia
- Springfield Filbert Festival: Filberts, also known as hazelnuts, are celebrated with a cook-off, music, and entertainment. Site provides vendor and volunteer information, music and events schedule. Held in Springfield, Oregon, in early August.
- Stockton Asparagus Festival: Features vendors, arts and crafts, and entertainment, with the proceeds going to charity. Held in Stockton, California, over a weekend in late April.
- Sunderland Maple Syrup Festival: Features bush tours, pancake eating contests, historical bus tours, street vendors and arts and crafts. Held in Spring in Sunderland, Ontario, Canada.
- Swamp Cabbage Festival: Includes activities, photographs, and stories from previous years. Weekend event, since 1965, held in late February on the Caloosahatchee River in LaBelle, Florida.
- Vidalia Onion Festival: Air show, arts and crafts, cooking school, fireworks, and street dance. Held in Vidalia, Georgia during April.
- Warrens Cranberry Festival: Presents an interactive information center, recipes, contests, and arts and crafts. Held in September in Warrens, Wisconsin.
- West Coast Chocolate Festival: Presents demonstrations, tastings, performances, factory tours, and activities. Held in October in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- West Point Sweet Corn Festival: Four day festival in West Point, Iowa held in mid-August. Lists schedule of events, which includes a corn eating contest, and highlights and photographs from previous years.
- Zellwood Sweet Corn Festival: Includes schedule of events, entertainment, arts and crafts vendors, ticket ordering, and highlights of previous years. Three-day event held in May in Zellwood, Florida.