Search Home : Recreation : Outdoors : Schools and Education
- Achill Outdoor Education Centre: Outdoor adventure centre in County Mayo Ireland. Media rich site with video, sound and a photo gallery.
- Adventure Education: Specializes in courses for people planning careers in outdoor recreation with a focus on scuba diving. Content in English, German, Portuguese and Japanese. (Tauranga, New Zealand)
- Adventure Education International: Trains tertiary level outdoor guides and instructors in New Zealand for international careers in the outdoor education, adventure tourism, and outdoor recreation industries. (Tauranga, New Zealand)
- Adverta's Adventure and School Camps: Bayete and Kareebosch Adventure and School training camps, including Corporate and Accreditation camps for leadership, adventure, wildlife and sports training clinics. Based in South Africa.
- American Avalanche Institute: Offering three levels of avalanche training courses in the western United States. Located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Ardroy Outdoor Education Centre: Offers training in mountaineering, first aid, kayaking, canoeing, and the environment with a focus on personal development. (Argyll, Scotland)
- Asheville Outdoors: Provides instruction in climbing and kayaking in western North Carolina. Also offers `group` programs and teambuilding.
- Bay Area Wilderness Training: Provides wilderness leadership training to educators. (San Francisco, California)
- Becoming an Outdoors Woman New Hampshire: A program sponsored by New Hampshire Fish and Game Department for women to learn new outdoors skills, increase their skill level or enjoy the comraderie of those with similar interests. (Concord, New Hampshire)
- Bogong Outdoor Education Centre: Caters to school groups but can also be hired by private or community groups. Offers rock climbing, skiing, and environmental studies.
- Bradford Woods Outdoor and Leadership Center: Designs and provides action learning programs including environmental education, camping and challenge programs. Plus workshops for teachers, camp directors, and field instructors. (Martinsville, Indiana)
- Buitelaar-Canyoning: Based in The Netherlands, the company specializes in customized outdoor training courses for individuals or businesses in Belgium, France, and Spain.
- Cal Adventures: Youth and adult camps and team-building events offered by University of California, Berkeley campus. Includes program details and online registration.
- Canadian Outdoor Leadership Training Centre: Wilderness education courses for careers in adventure tourism offered at Strathcona Park Lodge and Outdoor Education Centre on Vancouver Island. Includes course syllabus, equipment lists, instructor information, and employment opportunities. Also provides alumni testimonials, photo gallery, reading list, related links, and contact information.
- Canyonlands Field Institute: Environmental organization offers school and youth programs, writing and teacher workshops, river and hiking trips, internships, and graduate residencies in environmental education. (Moab, Utah)
- Castle Rock Institute: Offers students a program of outdoor activities for college credit. Locations in North Carolina and Australia.
- Christian Mountain Centre: Provider of outdoor multi-activity courses to groups and individuals, including climbing and kayaking. (Snowdonia, North Wales)
- Colorado Outdoor Adventure Guide School: Provides training and education in the hunting guide and outfitter industry as well as other outdoor recreation professions. (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
- Colorado State Outdoor Adventure Program: Offers instruction, equipment rentals, and guided trips in climbing, biking, kayaking, hiking, orienteering, wilderness first aid, skiing, snowshoeing, and leave no trace backpacking. (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Costa Rica Rainforest Outward Bound School: Rainforest trekking, whitewater rafting, Spanish language study, kayaking, scuba diving, and study abroad for university credit. (San Jose, Costa Rica)
- David Matthews: Offering instruction in hill walking, climbing, scrambling, caving, abseiling, orienteering, and D of E in the Peaks District. Includes contact information. Based in Derbyshire, UK.
- ELM Outfitter and Guide Training: Offers training programs for people aspiring to be hunting guides or run an outdoor school. (Corvallis, Montana)
- Education Through Adventure: Information on provided wilderness travel and positive impact camping courses, first aid trainings, first responder, CPR and AED trainings. (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Equinox Adventures: Offers paddling, climbing, adventure racing, and search and rescue courses. Also offers women-only courses and train the trainer programs. (Willowdale, Ontario)
- First Track Adventures: Outdoor activities and camps for schools, corporate training, and the general public. Mountain biking, canoeing, skiing, bushwalking, snorkeling, ropes courses, Koori studies. (Victoria, Australia)
- GO-AdventureSports: Offers team building program, ROPES courses, and instruction in rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, and wilderness survival skills. Operates in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
- Gulf Sail and Ski Specialists: Organises `group` tours, activity days, education camps, and outdoor learning trips for all ages. Specializes in marine and alpine activities. (Oakhune, New Zealand)
- Hurricane Island Outward Bound: Instruction program for potential wilderness instructors working with adolescent populations. (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Keco: Offers day, weekend, week-long and residential programs in a wide variety of activities. Includes details and contact information. Located in the UK.
- Lagganlia Centre: Outdoor Education Centre offering fully serviced courses, self-catering accommodations, and leadership training courses. (Inverness-shire, Scotland)
- Landmark Learning: Courses and instruction for outdoor leaders, `group` facilitators, skills instructors, national certifications, and individualized programs. (Cullowhee, North Carolina)
- Mountain Top Adventures: An outdoor program for children and adults that includes backpacking, climbing, caving, and camping. (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
- National Outdoor Leadership School: Offers various skills courses in addition to wilderness leadership, courses for educators, and environmental stewardship programs. (Lander, Wyoming)
- New York City Outward Bound Center: Offers targeted school programs, professional development programs for educators, organizational development programs for schools and nonprofits, adventure programs for youth, and after school and summer programs. (Long Island City, New York)
- North Carolina Outward Bound: Offers adventure courses for teens and adults including mountaineering, backpacking, rock climbing, and mountain biking. (Asheville, North Carolina)
- Northwest Mountain School: Camps in mountaineering, rock climbing, backcountry snowboarding, and back packing. (Seattle, Washington)
- Outdoor Leadership Training Seminars: Offering trips and training in climbing, backcountry skiing, whitewater rafting, and backpacking in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Also offers courses in logistics, leadership, and decision making. (Denver, Colorado)
- Outdoor Wilderness Leadership School: Corporate development, ropes courses, mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, and summer camps. Offices in Virginia and Montana.
- Outdoorlite Ventures: Based in Llandovery, Wales. Provides instruction in climbing, navigation, caving, kayaking, and winter skills.
- Outward Bound International: A network of schools in over 40 countries. Outward Bound programs provide challenging experiences in unfamiliar settings to help people discover their potential and look after the world around them.
- Outward Bound South Africa: An international non-profit experiential education organisation that uses the outdoors to promote individual growth and community. (Knysna, South Africa)
- Outward Bound USA: Non-profit organization with five locations in the United States. Programs emphasize personal growth through experience and challenge in the wilderness. National headquarters located in Garrison, New York.
- Plas Gwynant Outdoor Education Centre: Residential outdoor pursuits courses in Snowdonia including canoeing, kayaking, climbing, and hillwalking. Based near Beddgelert.
- Rippleffect: A community-based youth development organization specializing in adventure and wilderness experiences that build confidence and self-esteem. Based in Portland, Maine, USA.
- River Skills Center: Classes, training and certification in Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness First Aid and CPR, Swiftwater Rescue and Safety, Rock Rescue and Class IV/V Whitewater Skills. (Mt. Shasta, California)
- Royal Tine Guide and Packer School: Offers big game guide training plus fly fishing and camp cooking courses. (Philipsburg, Montana)
- School of Wilderness Arts & Technology: Skills and leadership training center. Skills include canoeing, navigate, climbing, rescue, and leadership. (Palmer Rapids, Ontario)
- Southern African Wildlife College: Courses for protected area managers to manage their areas and associated wildlife populations sustainably. (Hoedspruit, South Africa)
- Strathcona Outdoor Education Centre.: Training and wilderness leadership courses for careers in outdoor education and adventure tourism. (Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada )
- Superior Institute: Teaches minimal impact camping, cooking in the wilderness, backpacking techniques, kayaking, and map and compass skills plus environmental awareness and natural history. (Highland Park, Illinois)
- The Adventure Agency: Specializing in outings for a company, group, or individuals including team building exercises and outdoor instruction. Includes activities available, and quote request.
- The Outdoor Education Group: An independent non-profit organisation which teaches students on adventure based, outdoor experiential learning courses ranging from 2 to 33 days in length. Based in Victoria, Australia.
- University of Calgary Outdoor Program Centre: Offers snow and ice, land, and water courses plus equipment rental, and repair service. Also runs a climbing wall and kayak pool. (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Voyageur Outward Bound School: Helps young people pursue challenging wilderness experiences in order to gain a greater understanding and acceptance of themselves and others. (Ely, Minnesota)
- Weymouth Outdoor Education Centre: Activities include climbing, orienteering, kayaking, caving, and environmental education. (Weymouth, England)
- Wilderness Expertise: Outdoor courses and expeditions designed for schools or businesses. Operates primarily in the United Kingdom. (Berkshire, England)