Search Home : Recreation : Outdoors : Scuba Diving : Underwater Life
- Save Our Seas Foundation: Awareness, protection, preservation and conservation of the global marine environment are the heart of the Save Our Seas Foundation's mission. Save our Seas Foundation is a non-profit making Swiss foundation headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Aegean Sea Marine Life: Directory of common inshore marine life for snorkelers and scuba divers visiting Turkey.
- Antonella Gambotto Learns to Dive: The controversial author and journalist has an interesting experience of underwater life ...
- Aquascape Art: Pictures of marine flora and fauna, by Nick Peters, painted underwater while on SCUBA.
- Biodiverse Canada Inc.: Species and Environments found in Atlantic Canada.
- Blue World Photo: Original underwater photography from the Caribbean and Pacific by Eric Bancroft.
- British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR): UK based organization who rescue stranded and sick cetaceans and other marine mammals.
- BrunsonImages underwater photography of marine life: Underwater photography and statistics of marine life. Great white sharks, Carcharodon carcharias, whale sharks, dolphins and many other marine life forms. Images of crustaceans, turtles, manta rays, seals and corals.
- CORAL REEF CREATURES: Stock underwater photography and photographic images of Pacific and Red Sea coral reef marine animals arranged as a species identification guide.
- CeasarsRock: We present "The Marine Animals of Monterey Bay" and offer a chat board for everyone who likes to enjoy the oceans.
- Cochrane Artificial Reef: Information and photographs detailing the construction of the artificial reef situated in the Coral Sea near Bundaberg on the east coast of Australia.
- Coral Cay Conservation: Volunteer expeditions that provide resources to help sustain livelihoods and alleviate poverty through the protection, restoration and management of coral reefs and tropical forests.
- Coral Realm: All about marine life education. View hundreds of reef fish, shark and invertebrate descriptions with photographs and video clips.
- Croatian underwater eco-tourism: New underwater garden mead just for divers with a new, better way of learning about marine life.
- Deep Ecology Hawaii: Deep Ecology's unique dive operation proves that you can experience Hawaii's precious marine environment and preserve and protect it for future generations.
- Dive BC Underwater Marine Life: A collection of underwater photographs from the Dive BC series of guide books.
- Dive Timor Leste: Visit East Timor's pristine coral reefs and meet their inhabitants.
- DivingWithSharks.com: Tools and links to help to plan your next shark diving vacation. Don't forget to check out the sea life gallery!
- Elasmodiver: Where to dive with the sharks, skates, and rays of the Americas. Elasmobranch identification.
- Fish of Greece: Pictures of fish that live in the seas of Greece, their scientific, common and greek names.
- Frontier: Aims to promote and advance field research and implement practical projects contributing to the conservation of natural resources. Currently running diving projects in Tanzania and Madagascar.
- Great White Sharks: Pictures and Video of Great White Sharks and other sea life.
- Hawaiian Marine Life: Hawaii's marine wildlife, dolphins, whales, sea turtles, monk seals, seabirds, and diverse fish species
- Intertidal Marine Invertebrates of the South Puget Sound: A guide to the near shore marine invertebrates of the South Puget Sound, Washington.
- Learn a little about marine life: Pictures, scientific names, common names, and identifying information help to distinguish different marine life.
- Living Reef Images: A library of aquarium and natural reef photographs available to publishers world wide.
- Manatee Facts and Photos at Crystal River, Florida: Information, Photos and Facts and on the West Indian Manatee, Crystal River Florida diving and snorkeling with manatees, Crystal River, Florida
- Marine Biology: Slideshow of some of the odder and most colorful creatures of the sea.
- Marine Conservation Society - Member's Dives: Find news about the diving activities for and by MCS members.
- Marine Life Guides to poppular dive sites throughout the world: Wildside Guides produce a range of high quality waterproof marine life guides for scuba divers. Designed and illustrated by marine biologists Simon and Rachel Rees.
- Marine Life Learning Center: To educate, inform and entertain marine life enthusiasts, scuba divers and naturalists about the underwater world.
- Marine Life of Hawai'i: Colorful and accurate pictures show identifying characteristics for seaweeds, invertebrates, and fish. Also allows you to hear the Hawaiian name of an animal spoken, and includes a glossary of terms.
- Marine Life of the Channel Islands (UK): A large collection of photographs of marine organisms living in the English Channel, based on the book by Sue Daly.
- Mote Marine Laboratory: This independent, nonprofit research organization in Sarasota, Florida, has a great deal of information about shark and dolphin research, sea turtles, other marine mammals, elasmobranchs, and other marine life indigenous to Florida waters. Site has a shark tank interactive camera.
- Ocean Futures Online: Explore Ocean Futures online to learn about Keiko, the star of Free Willy, and more about our oceans, threats to the oceans and their inhabitants, and how you can help make a difference. Get the latest updates on Keiko and Jean-Michel Cousteau, join Ocean Futures for free, or shop the online store.
- Ocean Image: Underwater photography of marine life around the Cornish coast, by Chris Bunney.
- PERCULA: Contains many under water pictures plus taxonomic descriptions of the subjects and a creature search engine.
- Red Sea Fish Identification and Pictures: Photographs of fishes found in the Red Sea which require identification.
- Reef Ball Foundation, Inc.: A non-profit charitable organization whose mission is to help restore aquatic ecosystems using artificial reefs and to educate people and children about the importance of aquatic ecosystems.
- Scuba Diving holidays: Scuba diving trips with photos and descriptions.
- Seaquest: A joint marine project run by the Devon and Cornwall Wildlife Trusts. Information for people who are interested in the larger marine creatures such as dolphins, whales, seals, turtles and basking sharks, around the UK coastline.
- Shark Attacks: All about Shark attacks with photos of victims and sharks. Site aims to report every shark attack from around the world.
- Shark Survivor: Sharks are one of the most beautiful, fascinating and powerful creatures on this planet. Ultimately, their preservation will ensure ours.
- Sharks - Hype & Reality: Trying to set the record straight, in an in-depth article on shark and human behaviour in the water.
- South Carolina Marine Life: A guide to the marine life of the coastal South Carolina waters, featuring colorful photographs and descriptive information.
- The Great American Fish Count: Information about an annual event held each July to introduce divers and snorkelers to the hobby of fishwatching and to educate the public about marine resources.
- The International Shark Attack File: Shark attack statistics including special sections for the great white shark and shark attacks on divers.
- The Sea Slug Forum: A site where you can ask questions and post information on nudibranchs and related sea slugs.
- The Sea Slug Watchers: How to enjoy seaslugs; with photographs, movies and information on how to search them out!
- The Slug Site: Devoted to the study of Opisthobranch Molluscs (ie Nudibranchs).
- The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society: Dedicated exclusively to the conservation, welfare and appreciation of all whales, dolphins and porpoises.
- TheLivingSea: A website dedicated to the beauty and conservation of our ocean planet. Showcasing underwater photos, videos and dive adventures stories.
- Tiger Shark Research: This site relates to scientific research aimed at increasing understanding of tiger sharks. Major goals of this research include determining movement patterns and habitat use of these predators.
- Travel Photography by Eric Cheng: Comprehensive web journals featuring the topside and underwater photography of Eric Cheng.
- Turtle tagging project - Barbados: Photos taken on a dive off the west coast of Barbados in January 1999 to catch, tag and record turtle data for Bellairs Institute, McGill University Canada.
- Underwater Picture Agency: A selection of photographs of marine organisms by Dagmar and Wolfgang Fritz.
- Underwater fauna & flora: Underwater life pictures from all over the world.
- Underwater wallpaper: Free computer wallpaper photos of fish, invertebrates and other underwater creatures, many with links to pages describing the featured animals.
- Waikiki Aquarium: Marine Life Profiles: Learn how to differentiate between different marine organisms with this detailed and comprehensive site.
- Welcome to Suunto USA: diving equipment, well made flash site
- starfish: coral reef animals: Index of marine animals and information on ecology of the sea.
- ultimate predator: Information on the white, tiger, and bull sharks.