Search Home : Recreation : Outdoors : Survival and Primitive Technology
- AAA Wilderness Survival: Includes information on how to light a fire, build a shelter, find food, and find water.
- Abotech: Provides articles on primitive living skills, including hide tanning, fire making, shelter construction, and primitive archery.
- Bushcraft UK: A `resource` for anyone interested in the outdoors, especially for those involved in bushcraft, fieldcraft, or survival. Provides articles, a forum, and reviews of wilderness survival products.
- Fox Kits Survival Kits and Survival School: Offers wilderness survival kits for all outdoor interests and environments and offers full spectrum survival training from military experts. Includes courses offered, rates, and location in Selmer, Tennessee.
- HikingwithMike.com: Features hiking, camping, backpacking and wilderness survival tips, gear tips, information about survival school, hiking locations, photos and contact information.
- History and Primitive Technology Page: Articles about the firepiston, flintknapping, the atlatl, and buckskinning.
- Hoods Woods: Wilderness survival instruction, information, and instructional videos for outdoor enthusiasts.
- HowStuffWorks: How Quicksand Works: Animated tutorial explains how quicksand forms, where it's found, and how one can escape being trapped in it.
- Knife Information: Knife information and archives compiled by Pat Fogarty.
- M40's Wilderness Survival Skills: Learn about skills such as fire-making, shelter construction, primitive weapons, snaring, survival kits, water procurement, and survival psychology.
- Mike Bennett's Primitive Web Page: How to make an arrowhead, find edible wild plants, start a fire without matches, and make cordage.
- Mountain Man Survival: Survival tips and techniques plus information about building an underground shelter.
- Native Skills: Provides photos and facts about Native American and ancient skills, including primitive archery and flint knapping.
- Native Tech: Articles on clay and pottery, leather and clothes, stonework and tools, weaving and cordage, food and recipes.
- Ol' Buffalo Preparedness Page: Resource for learning to survive in the wilderness as well as at home in a disaster.
- Pearls of Survival: Greg Davenport's survival tips, including information about building shelters, signaling, obtaining food and water, navigation, and health.
- Primitive Technology: Links related to primitive skills and wilderness survival.
- Primitive Ways: This site is dedicated to Stone Age technology, atlatl spear throwers, fire by friction, simple kayaks, and bow and arrow.
- Redwalk.com: Learn about wilderness survival and nature observation, including shelter-making, navigation, fire-making, camouflage, and how to walk silently.
- Safety at Hiker Central: Safety and survival tips and links.
- Simple Survival: Articles by B.L. Benton on many aspects of wilderness survival, including equipment, first aid, procuring food and water, building shelters, navigation, signaling, and making primitive weapons.
- Society of Primitive Technology: A non-profit organization dedicated to the research, practice and teaching of primitive technology, earth skills, wilderness survival and Native awareness.
- Survival: Survival tips, including fire-making, food and water procurement, building shelters, and using medicinal plants. Focus on jungle and sea/beach survival skills.
- Survival: Links to information about wilderness survival and hiking, including survival tips, personal stories, and equipment reviews.
- Survival Bible 2001: Extensive collection of documents and images relating to survival.
- SurvivalIQ: An illustrated guide with information, tips, pictures, maps and diagrams.
- SurvivalX.com: Includes climate specific guides, a directory, and classifieds.
- Survive Outdoors: Large informational website covering topics like poison ivy, ticks, heat exhaustion, spider bites, and the psychology of survival.
- The Attitude of Survival: A brief guide to the mental side of dealing with unexpected survival situations.
- The Outlands WebStead: Information on homesteading, survival, and other aspects of self-reliance written by people actively involved in living close to the land.
- The Ranger's Digest: Provides a collection of survival tips as well as an order form to buy them in hard copy.
- Tracker Trail: Information on primitive skills, tracking, nature, and wilderness awareness from the viewpoint of the ancient philosophy of living in harmony with the Earth.
- UK Survival: Provides instructions for skills such as fire-making and shelter construction. Also sells equipment.
- Welcome to Old Jimbo's site.: Find information concerned with outdoor activities relating to survival, shooting, and plants.
- Wilderness Emergency Resources: Provides training and resources that address the specific safety issues faced in wilderness and remote settings. Includes directory of training organizations, articles and educational guides for download.
- Wilderness Manuals: Published by the United States Army. Features map reading and land navigation, topographic symbols, first aid, survival, evasion and recovery, field hygiene and sanitation, and basic cold weather camping.
- Wilderness Resource List: A compilation of wilderness schools, periodicals, and listservs.
- Wilderness Rhythms: Articles on firemaking, cordage, winter camping, and nature lore. Also teaches workshops in outdoors skills.
- Wilderness Survival: Offers information from U.S. Army instruction manuals on all aspects of a wilderness survival situation. Includes diagrams and pictures.
- Wilderness Survival Guide: An illustrated guide to basic skills including travel, food and water, first-aid, and health.
- Wilderness Survival Outline: A brief outline that offers short tips for each major survival issue.
This category in other languages: