Search Home : Recreation : Travel : Preparation : Health : Fear of Flying
- "Delete Fear of Flying": Dr. Luann Linquist, based in La Jolla, CA, gives fearful fliers treatment by telephone.
- Airfraid: Press releases and editorials regarding fear of flying, travel health and travel safety.
- Anxiety Book Store: Fear of Flying: This site offers a collection of self-help books for those with a Fear of Flying and other anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety Treatment Center: Based in Illinois, the Anxiety Treatment Center helps people suffering from fear of flying as well as OCD, panic attacks, phobias, and trichotillomania. Its special program for fearful fliers emphasizes cognitive behavioral therapy and education about aviation.
- CalmFlight: A program for business travelers based in Westchester County, New York. Directed by Dr. Alan Strohmayer, a pilot and a behavioral therapist, the program is available for one-on-one or in groups. Consultations are also given.
- CantFly.com: Coping with fear of flying and the panic it induces.
- Discomfort Fly Away - No Fear: This program called Designed Thinking is offered by Michael Arndt, a hypnotherapist and personal empowerment coach. It is geared to overcoming all fears and is not specifically a fear of flying program.
- Fear of Flying Book: Wings of Discovery: A book which combines fear of flying lessons with an adventure story.
- Fear of Flying Clinic: One of the first fear of flying programs in the U.S., the Fear of Flying Clinic offers fearful flyers the tools to cope with their phobia and their fear and to fly comfortably. This site is offered by the Seattle chapter and offers "empathy, education, and experience."
- Fear of Flying Clinic: Californian company offering classes. Does not claim to offer miracle cures, but rather to give you the tools to conquer your own fears.
- Fear of Flying Course: An airline captain runs this on-line program to help overcome fear of flying, aviophobia, flight anxiety, and panic attacks.
- Fear of Flying Help Course Message Board: This site enables fearful fliers to post questions and comments and chat. It is moderated by airline captain Stacey Chance.
- Fear of Flying Information: This page offers information about this phobia, with links to pages on treatment options, flight facts, and self-help treatment.
- Fear of Flying at Anxieties.com: Self-help program and home study offered by Dr Reid Wilson.
- Fearless Flyers with Qantas: This is a fabulous course for those in Australia, and the inspiration for "The Fearless Flier's Handbook."
- Fearless Flying: A new program based on Northwest Airlines'successful WINGS seminars, Fearless Flying offers a home study kit, including a video, an audiotape for relaxation instruction, and a handbook. It was developed with Northwest pilots, mechanics, meteorologists, and psychologists who specialize in treating fear of flying, and these experts appear in the film. Can order on-line.
- FlightHelp.com: Offers professional counseling and therapy by airline captain and licensed therapist Tom Bunn LCSW. Service is intended for people stranded at an airport, unable to fly and for people whose anxiety becomes too much to deal with as a flight date approaches.
- Flying With Confidence: A video to help anxious and fearful flyers in the privacy of their own homes. Written and produced by professional airline pilots, one-on-one counseling also available.
- Freedom to Fly: Successful freedom from fear programmes for the treatment of anxieties and phobias associated with stressful activities. Specialist course to overcome fear of flying.
- Glen H. Arnold, Ph.D.: Licensed aviation psychologist, offers therapy sessions as well as clinics in various locations.
- Healthy Hypnosis: Healthy Hypnosis offers solutions to many of today's concerns. Our "Flying Freedom" self-hypnosis audiotape helps you regain your confidence to fly once again.(Hit "Products" on menu.)
- Institute for Psychology of Air Travel: Dr. Al Forgione has been running his course successfully for 30 years. This site offers information on the Fear of Flying (a.k.a. Aviophobia, Air Travel Phobia) and contains a test of degree of fear, helpful hints, and a home study course.
- Overcome Your Fear of Flying: The author of this site was terrified of flying, but today he flies without fear. This site introduces a booklet that explains how. The first chapter can be viewed online.
- SOAR: Answers to common questions, a mailing list, and a link to a personal counseling service.
- SOAR Fear of Flying Forum: A message board on which the concerns of fearful fliers are addressed by Captain Tom Bunn of SOAR (Seminars for Aeroanxiety Relief).
- SOAR Tracking Forum: Fear of flying support `group` keeps track of other members in the air using the internet.
- scaredofflying.com: Online bulletin board and forum created to help people learn to fly without fear. Registration required.