Search Home : Recreation : Travel : Preparation : Health
- Travel Health Online: Health information categorized by type of illness, and by destination. Also a list of travel medicine providers.
- Travelers' Health: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US Government agency) presenting disease outbreak alerts, reference material, destination updates, cruise ship inspection scores, recommended vaccinations, and information for family and special needs travel.
- Aviation Health Institute: A charity providing information and funding research into the health issues faced by airline passengers.
- BBC Travel Health: The Travel Health web site is part of the BBC Health site offering information, advice and help on areas concerning global travel.
- Emporiatrics: An Introduction to Travel Medicine: A guidebook for clinicians in the prevention and treatment of travel-related illnesses, including infectious diseases, altitude sickness, and other dangers to international travellers. The epidemiology, etiology, and clinical presentation of infectious diseases are described. Vaccination requirements by continent are outlined.
- Health Almanac for Travelers: Travel planning search engine for true choice of destinations to rest and recreation.
- Health Link: Flight Plans: Article by Russell Robertson provides general information about the steps travelers can take to avoid falling ill while on the plane.
- Healthy Travel To Distant Lands: Provides disease information specific to a international regions. Also travel tips, vaccination information, dealing with jet lag and traveler's diarrhea.
- International Medicine Center: A Houston, Texas-based provider of travel medicine services to corporations and individuals. Product and service details, news, and contact information.
- International Travel Information: Preparation and understanding of current health risks for the area of your travels from bestofhealth.com.
- International Travel and Health: Vaccination requirements and health advice from WHO.
- MASTA: Medical Advisory Services for Travellers Abroad. Advice on avoiding disease risks.
- MD Travel Health: Health risks and services in many countries, infectious diseases and suggested immunizations, illness prevention, and special needs travelers.
- MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Traveler's Guide to Avoiding Infectious Diseases: Prevention measures and a regional list of specific diseases.
- MedlinePlus: Traveler's Health: Directory of factsheets, news releases, and articles.
- Passport Health: USA-based company offering travel health advice and consultations.
- Sara's Wish Foundation: International travel safety foundation, established in wake of a Semester at Sea accident, provides travel tips and safety guidelines.
- The Bathroom Diaries: A growing list of free public toilets around the world. Readers are invited to submit restrooms to the site. Includes an essay section.
- The Healthy Traveler: Redbook's interactive traveler's guide to staying healthy. Key features include a personalized health report and an archive of health related phrases spoken in several languages.
- The World Traveler: Provides information on international travel such as travel clinic locator, disease vaccine information for hepatitis A and B and others. Also links to CDC travel updates. Provided by GlaxoSmithKline.
- Travel Doctor: Provides travel medicine and vaccination services through Australia, New Zealand and SE Asian clinics. Travel health reports available for many destinations.
- Travel Health Care: Advice on topics such as vaccination, malaria, insects, news, and events. Also a Sydney-based clinic offering travel medicine and vaccination services.
- Travel Healthcare: Provides international health advice and travel medicine and vaccination services to those intending to travel overseas.
- TravelHealth UK: Practical advice on many topics, including preventing accidents, stress, insurance, family holidays, mature and disabled travelers, sexual health, and animal bites.
- Travelling Diseases: Occurrence, manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases.
- Travelling Well: Special reports available cover topics such as traveling in Australia, IBD, asthma, Q fever, Peru, and business travel. Also sales of a book on travel health by Dr Deborah Mills.
- University of Maryland Health Tips for Travelers: Vaccine requirements, health conditions, and information on infectious disease outbreaks in foreign countries.
- Vanderbilt International Travel Clinic: Provides before and after travel health information as well as disease prevention, medication instructions and a comprehensive section on immunizations.
This category in other languages: