Search Home : Recreation : Travel : Specialty Travel : Volunteering
- Remote Area Medical: Provides free medical care to people in remote areas around the world via its fleet of aircraft. Information on volunteer opportunities, photo journal, and organization news.
- 2Way Development - Skilled Volunteers Overseas: Organizes tailor-made international travel and volunteer placements. Information on prices, packages, and services.
- Africa Volunteer, Work, and Research: Nonprofit Educational Organization. Internships, Study Abroad, Travel-Study, field Study Academic credit - undergraduate or graduate level.
- African Conservation Trust: Details of opportunities for volunteers to join conservation projects in Southern Africa.
- AidCamps International: Offering opportunities for short term voluntary work on development aid projects overseas run by local non-governmental organisations in the third world. Information about projects, applying, and practicalities.
- Altruistic Adventures: Specializes in providing information to independent travelers interested in including a charitable component within their journey. History, contact information and expedition information.
- Amigos de las Americas: Amigos de las Américas creates opportunities for young people to excel in leadership roles promoting public health, education and community development.
- Amistad Institute: San Isidro. Spanish programs with options for activities, volunteers and internships. Also a camp for middle and high school student groups. Includes prices and contact information.
- Amity Institute: Amity Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building international friendship and cultural understanding through teaching exchange.
- Amizade Volunteer Vacations: Provides community service, and encourages collaboration worldwide.
- Asociacion ANAI: A non-profit organization in Costa Rica: includes list of ecological conservation projects, ecotours; nature photos.
- Asociacion Casa Guatemala: An shelter in Guatemala for orphaned, abandoned, or abused children. Information about their activities, projects and supporters. Includes details of their needs, and on volunteering.
- AustraLearn: Study abroad in Australia and New Zealand, detailing full degree program information, summer courses, internships, scholarships and financial aid, and application.
- Australian Volunteers International: Recruit, prepare and support Australians who volunteer to live, work and learn alongside people of other cultures in developing countries. Information about opportunities, programs and history.
- Belize Botanic Garden: Belizean species are presented in an educational setting, including special collections such as Heliconias, orchids, and palms. Goals are to recreate specific habitats such as Pine Ridge, Baldy Beacon, as well as a savannah, a rainforest, and a riverine eco-system. Education on the horticultural heritage of Belize, including sustainable agriculture. San Ignacio, Belize.
- Bethany Home: Provides a comprehensive service for children and adults who are disabled and lives in the Hilir Perak district but also throughout Malaysia.
- Biosphere Expeditions: Offering volunteer wildlife conservation expeditions in various countries.
- Birders Volunteer Directory: North America's largest membership organization for active birders, with news, details on publications and programs, and birding resources.
- Blue Ventures Conservation: UK based not-for-profit organisation working to facilitating projects that enhance global coral reef conservation and research.
- Break Charity: Charity that provides a wide range of services for children, adults and families with special needs. These include respite care, UK holidays in Norfolk and the West Country and specialist child care.
- Brethren Volunteer Service: Offer religious volunteer youth opportunities abroad.
- British Trust for Conservation Volunteers: Supporting volunteering opportunities throughout the UK and across the globe.
- CENIT - Center for the Working Girl: Nonprofit NGO in Quito, Ecuador providing a variety of educational, vocational, and health services to working girls and their families. Information on programs, longterm follow-up, and volunteering.
- CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization): Founded in 1967, CESO is a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization providing social and economic development expertise to Canadian Aboriginal Peoples, non-Aboriginal Canadians, developing nations and the new market economies of Central and Eastern Europe.
- CHOICE Humanitarian: CHOICE Humanitarian offers solutions to the hardships of poverty in the rural villages of the world with simple technologies, self-help initiatives and public awareness.
- CISV Canada: Contact information and news from the organization.
- CUSO: Supports alliances for global social justice. Information about current volunteer opportunities, development programs worldwide, and global education activities in Canada. (French and English)
- Cactus Language: Online booking and course search of language courses (including online classes) in the countries where they are spoken with detailed information and prices of hundreds of courses, accommodation (including homestay) and travel options.
- Cameroon Wildlife Aid Fund: A UK registered charity that runs the Mvog-Betsi zoo and Mefou National Park in Cameroon, in conjunction with the Cameroon government.
- Camphill Botswana: Working from the educational, curative and social impulses of the Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, Dr Karl Koenig and a `group` of close associates started a school for disabled children, set within the context of a shared, Christian, communal life.
- Canada World Youth: Designs and delivers international educational programs for youth (aged 17-29) with a focus on volunteer work and community development in a cross-cultural setting.
- Canadian Crossroads International: Non-profit organization dedicated to building a constituency of global citizens committed to voluntarism, international development and social action.
- Careforce International: Meeting the medical, educational and spiritual needs of children around the world.
- Carter Center: Center offers programs for academic credit or practical experience each year.
- Casa Alianza: A nonprofit serving homeless children and youth in Central America. Includes information on programs, advocacy and street children.
- Casa Xelaj: A socially-responsible educational institute in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala promoting cross-cultural understanding through its Spanish, Quiche languages and cultural programs, social projects, internship program, volunteer work and travel services.
- Catholic Medical Mission Board: Medical relief agency providing international health care for third world relief. This Catholic charity sends medical donations including emergency medical supplies and pharmaceuticals for emergency aid.
- Catholic Network of Volunteer Service (CNVS): Offers faith-based volunteer opportunities for men and women with varying skills, to help others in need of volunteer service. Database of short and long-term opportunities, in US and abroad.
- Catholic Relief Services: Catholic Relief Services does not currently have a volunteer program. To be considered for International job openings you need a Visa and work documentation.
- Center for Cultural Interchange (CCI): Exchange program for students in the U.S.A. and 30 other countries. School year and short-term programs are described, including information on how to become a host family.
- Cercopan Primate Sanctuary: Provides sanctuary and rehabilitation to more than 60 individuals of six species.
- CharityFocus: Non-profit organization, located in Artesia, CA. serving South Asian residents of Southern California. Learn about the services and programs.
- Cheetah Outreach: If you are a student in Cape Peninsula, South Africa, Cheetah Outreach will bring a cheetah to your school. The rest of will have to make due with the Photo Gallery and the Meet our Cheetahs page. Also included is the page, Plight of the Cheetah which describes how the cheetah is losing habitat, and their conflict with livestock farmers in Namibia, a south African country.
- Child Family Health International: Service Learning in International Health for medical, pre-medical, and nursing students.
- Child Haven International: Asists children and women in 4 countries, who are in need of food, education, health care, shelter and clothing, emotional and moral support.
- Children Better Way: A non-profit to rehabilitate and develop children who are suffering due to man-made and/or natural disasters by providing quality education, inculding HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention, shelter, recreation, and more.
- Christian Foundation for Children and the Aging: A Catholic lay organization that sponsors children and elderly in developing countries throughout the world.
- Christian Peacemaker Teams: Responding to Christ's call to confront injustice, its members attempt to bring the redemptive love of God to violent situations through direct, personal involvement. FAQ, calendar, history and mission, and action alerts.
- Château de St-Ferriol, 11500 Aude, Languedoc, France: Château de St-Ferriol is a late Medieval - early Renaissance château-fort in the foothills of the Pyrenees, looking for volunteer help with organinc farming and restauration work, in exchange for accomadation and keep.
- Citizens Democracy Corps: A quasi-governmental body that functions as a local administration of its District, initiating, planning and managing community programmes. Information about its various services (jobs, social assistance, skills upgrading, healthcare) and even how you can volunteer.
- Colobus Cottage: Hidden away amongst almost 5 hectares of coastal forest, Colobus Cottage is an office, research base, information centre, primate rescue facility, and home for the Colobus Trust staff, volunteers since August 1997.
- Colobus Trust: International wildlife charity working to prevent cruelty and alleviate suffering. News, educational materials, photos, FAQ, and information about ways for individuals to become involved.
- Community Service Volunteers: Charity dedicated to giving everyone the chance to play an active part in their community through volunteering, training, education and the media.
- Concern America: A small nonprofit, nonsectarian, nongovernmental development and refugee aid organization.
- Conservation Volunteers Australia: Help create a Better Earth become a conservation volunteer.
- Coral Cay Conservation: Volunteer expeditions that provide resources to help sustain livelihoods and alleviate poverty through the protection, restoration and management of coral reefs and tropical forests.
- Cosmic Volunteers: Offers programs to volunteer and intern in Ecuador, Ghana, India, and Nepal from one week to one year. Site offers information about Cosmic Volunteers and their programs.
- Costa Rica Rainforest Outward Bound School: Rainforest trekking, whitewater rafting, Spanish language study, kayaking, scuba diving, and study abroad for university credit. (San Jose, Costa Rica)
- Council on International Educational Exchange: To help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world, is Council's mission.
- Crispaz: A faith-based organization dedicated to mutual accompaniment with the church of the poor and marginalized communities in El Salvador.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions: An international volunteer program, with opportunities in Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Peru, Russia, Tanzania, and Thailand.
- Cultural Restoration Tourism Project: Help restore and rebuild a Mongolian Buddhist monastery, thereby enhancing and revitalizing the local culture. The Baldan Baraivan monastery is in a beautiful, memote part of eastern Mongolia. We are leading small groups of volunteer-tourists to Mongolia to take part in this project.
- Development Projects and Adventurous Overland Travel: Combines award winning development projects and adventurous overland travel.
- Earthwatch: Promotes sustainable conservation of our natural resources and cultural heritage by creating partnerships amongst scientists, the general public, educators, and business.
- Earthwatch Institute: An international non-profit organization supporting scientific field research and offering members of the public the opportunity to work with distinguished field scientists.
- Ecovolunteer: Gives volunteers the opportunity to protect nature and its inhabitants by helping local organizations with their conservation projects.
- Enkosini: A 12,000 acre preserve in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa created to protect natural habitat and create a sanctuary for African wildlife in need.
- Experience Mexico: Experience Mexico a non profit organisation offering volunteer a range of different opportunities in west Mexico.
- Explorations In Travel Inc: Individual volunteer placements in Latin America and the South Pacific. Sites include; schools, conservation projects, rainforests, animal shelters and rehabs.
- Fundacion Brethren y Unida: NGO based in Ecuador working on rural development and volunteer projects in agro-ecology, environmental education and small business development.
- Fundacion Zoobreviven: Ecuador conservation organisation preserving cloud forests and running community projects. Volunteer projects in reforestation, organic and coffee plantation farming, plant and tree study, bird, mammal, insect study in the Alto Choco bioregion.
- Genesis Voluntary Teaching Program: Seeking volunteers to teach English to children in Ecuador coast. Information about the town, Bahia, and about volunteering.
- Ghana Network Of Volunteer Service: A non-profit organisation, which provides volunteer opportunities throughout Ghana.
- Global Crossroad: Offerse a variety of volunteering, intership, trekking, adventure and cross-cultural experience to international volunteers in Nepal, India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, China, Mongolia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Kenya, Ghana, Tibet
- Global Deaf Connection: Hosts volunteer vacations to individuals interested in working with deaf children throughout the world.
- Global Vision International (GVI): Hosts volunteer opportunities from 2 weeks to 12 months in over 20 countries including China, Mexico and the Central African Republic.
- Global Volunteer Network: A non profit organisation which places volunteers in community projects worldwide.
- Global Volunteers: Sends teams of volunteers to work on short-term development projects worldwide. Coordinates over 150 teams per year. Trip information and contacts for Minnesota non-profit organization.
- Global Works: Summer programs located in all types of cultures around the world. Students live in places that range from small villages to ruined castles. Community service, language and adventure travel programs for teenagers.
- Go M.A.D. Go Make A Difference: International volunteer organization which works to match prospective volunteers with small social service projects around the world for short and long term stays.
- Grassroots Bridges: An eight-month program that provides Fellows with a stipend, educational training, mentoring and service learning experiences with local community-based organizations and international volunteer programs.
- Green Volunteers: Resource for finding voluntary work in nature conservation. Lists short and long term projects. Volunteers can work worldwide, with marine mammals or terrestrial fauna, in national parks or in wildlife rescue centers.
- Greenforce Conservation Expeditions: Specializes in marine and terrestrial scientific conservation expeditions for gap year students, university students and those wanting to undertake international voluntary work in Borneo, Bahamas, Fiji and Zambia.
- Help Exchange: Volunteer work in exchange for free accommodation and food (bed and board) in Australia, New Zealand and Europe on farms, backpacker hostels, lodges and other properties.
- IT in Isan: Computer learning program in Thailand taught by international volunteers.
- Iko poran: Offers international volunteers programs in Brazil. Focused on community development programs.
- Inter-Cultural Youth Exchange: Sends volunteers to work with communities overseas in social and welfare placements abroad for one year or six months
- La Sabranenque: Offers architecture restoration projects for volunteers in southern France. Saint Victor la Coste, France operation. (French/English)
- Lifeworks: Offers service-learning travel programs to teenagers, combining community service projects with cultural immersion and outdoor adventure activities.
- Marin Asia: Eco volunteer and exploration cruises in the little known Mergui Archipelago in the Andaman Sea off the west coast of Burma (Myanmar)
- Medicine Trail Research Center: Hosts volunteer vacations where visitors assist on research or conservation projects in the rainforest, the Caribbean, or with Missionary projects helping the Mayans of Belize.
- Mokolodi Game Reserve: The 12,500 acre non-profit reserve provides environmental educate to children of Botswana.
- Openmind Projects: An international volunteer program teaching english and computer skills in Thailand.
- Operation French World: An effort to train mission workers for effectively sharing and strengthening Christianity in French speaking countries around the globe.
- Organic gardens in subtropical Australia: Volunteering in New South Wales dealing organic gardens, permaculture methods, landscaping or building. Free board and food in exchange for 4-5 hours a work a day. Photos and contact information.
- Personal Overseas Development: Voluntary work and adventure travel in Africa & South America. Opportunities include teaching, helping in orphanages and health care.
- Rainforest Research: Looking for volunteers to help with conservation and research projects at a remote research station in the Amazon basin, South East Peru. Volunteers can choose to take part in a range of projects depending upon their background, interests and experience. Photos, links, research and volunteer placement information.
- Ravine Saab Collective: Hosts volunteers at a sustainable orchard project in St Lucia in the Caribbean.
- Rural Community Development Program-Himalayan Volunteers: Offers year round cross-cultural and volunteering opportunities in the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal. Areas of volunteer work include English teaching, orphanage, health and conservation work. Site includes program information, testimonials and applications.
- Save The Turtles Of Parismina: Turtle Coservation Program in Parismina, Costa Rica. Seeking volunteers to help patrol the beach and protect Leatherback and Green Sea Turtles that are nesting. Volunteers assist and also help to relocate the eggs in our turtle hatchery.
- Senevolu: Offers cultural and volunteer homestays and intercultural immersions in Senegal. Information on programs, activities and projects.
- ServeYourWorld.com: Independent guide offering articles, tutorials, forums, volunteer abroad program reviews, and a volunteering abroad opportunity database.
- Service Civil International: Worldwide volunteer placement for generalists in short term 2 week workcamps and long term 3-12 month social service or non profit community grassroots projects. SCI is based in Seattle, Washington.
- Starfish Ventures: A company offering volunteer placements available in Thailand from 4 to 12 weeks. Offers TEFL training.
- Tararu Valley Sanctuary: Co-operatively run rainforest property at the head of Tararu Valley, surrounded by 140,000 acres of the Coromandel State Forest Park - 1.5 hours from Auckland, New Zealand.
- Teaching English in Peru: Teachperu offers people the chance to teach English in Peru with the aim of using native English speakers to assist Peruvian students and teachers.
- The Chol-Chol Foundation: The Chol-Chol Foundation is a non-profit human development organization which works in indigenous communities in the ninth region of Chile.
- The Phoenix Project: Volunteer in Guatemala. Learn Spanish, teach and join conservation projects.
- The Savegre River Wildlife Conservation Center: Volunteer organization working to preserve tropical wildlife in the Costa Rican rain forest.
- Travel with a Purpose: Arranges trips of voluntouring - combination of travelling and volunteering worldwide. Located in San Diego, California.
- Travel-to-Teach: Provides teaching volunteering opporunities in Thailand.
- Tropical Platypus Research: Features the first radio tracking surveillance project of the platypus in tropical north Queensland.
- United Planet: An international non-profit with members and programs in over 100 countries.
- Voluntary Service Overseas Canada: International development organization that works through volunteers. Sends professional people to share their skills in the business, education, health and technical sectors of developing countries. Site is in English and French.
- Volunteer Abroad with EIL Intercultural Learning: Non-profit organisation sending volunteers to work on development projects around the world.
- Volunteer Bolivia: Provides positions with humanitarian and ecological organizations in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
- Volunteer Travel: Individual and `group` volunteer placements in South and Central America, New Zealand, Australia, Samoa and Nepal. Conservation projects, teaching, farming, and animal rescues feature in their options.
- Volunteering In Kenya: Surveying of Rhinos and Elephants Tracking. Writing reports. Any other work that will be a benefit to the KWS Water Research. Continuous transects will be made to check water salinity, temperatures, and density
- Volunteering Vacations: Annotated list of organizational Web sites that offer opportunities to combine good works with travel.
- Volunteers for Rural Development Ghana: Ghanaian workcamp service for volunteers willing to make a positive contribution to the communities in the rural areas. Possible projects are school building, HIV/AIDS campaigns and tree planting. Photos, activity details and information on Ghana.
- WWOOF International: Organization assisting those who would like to work as volunteers on organic farms internationally. Program highlights and contact information.
- Wild at Heart: Youth safari adventures in Zambia. Includes wildlife and community volunteering opportunities.
- Willing Workers in South Africa: WWISA arranges working volunteer holidays to South Africa and abroad.
- Willing Workers on Organic Farms Australia: Prints a directory of over 1,000 organic host farms; includes information on WWOOF programs, directory of agents, and bulletin board of opportunities.
- Winant and Clayton Volunteers: The Winant and Clayton Volunteers provide service opportunity combined with travel abroad.
- Women in Progress: International volunteer program that focuses on assisting women in Africa to grow their micro enterprises and become self sufficient through business and IT consulting and training. Information for students as well as details on programs and internships.
- World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms - USA: Produces a printed directory of organic farmers in the United States who participate in WWOOF programs.
- World Youth International: Offers volunteering opportunities and overseas programs for teenages, adults and seniors. Destinations include Kenya, Nepal, China, North and South America.
- Youth Challenge Australia: Offers youth volunteers the opportunity to volunteer on a range of powerful, community initiated development projects in South and Central America, Asia and the Pacific.
- Youth International: Information about experiential learning in East Asia or Africa, including intercultural exchange, community service, and home stays.
- [TH] Childlife: A future for street children in Mae Sai. The purpose of Childlife is to provide the street children in Mae Sai with a safe refuge, shelter and home, food, health and non-formal education.
- eVolunteer: Allows charities and voluntary organisations to recruit volunteers. Online categorised search for international volunteer opportunities.
- i-to-i International Projects: Provides a variety of work experiences including teaching english as a foreign language, community development, conservation, construction, and skills development.