Search Home : Recreation : Travel : Travelogues : Around the World
- Our Really Big Adventure: Articles and pictures chronicle Caelen and Barbara's 2002 travel adventures around the world. Photos, activities, planning, logs and medical preparations.
- 2 Go Global: Two Atlanta lawyers quit their jobs and spent 18 months traveling through South America, Central America, Japan, Southeast Asia, India, Nepal, the Middle East, Europe, Africa and the United States in 1999-2001
- 2001: A Trav and Di Odyssey: Travelogue from Brazil, North America, Europe and Asia.
- 9 Years on the 7 Seas with Nor Siglar: Comprehensive site including planning, financing and surviving a circumnavigation taking 9 years and covering 84 countries and island colonies. Cost, tips, links and photos.
- Adrian and Katie's World Tour: Travellers' tales and photographs from a world trip in 1998. Journals, links, packing and health information.
- Adventure Prone: Journal of stories and photos from around the world travels in 2000/2001, including biking through Latin America and motorcycling across the Middle East. Includes newsletter and message boards.
- An Around the World Journal: Russel Gilbert's journal kept while traveling for 9 months through 26 countries in 1991 - 1992
- Andy and Sam's Round the World Trip: Story and photos of a tour around the world-nine weeks through Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and USA.
- Around (parts of) the World in (about) One Year: Account of Paul Stockton's year long trip, cycling and backpacking through Asia, Australia, New Zealand, United States and Canada in 1997 - 1998.
- Around the World: Detailed look at an around-world trip in 1997 including Africa, Europe and North America.
- Around the World Travel with Dick and Witta: Two fifty-something nomads have been traveling and golfing since their retirement in 1999. Travelogues from North America, Oceania, Europe and Asia.
- Around the World in 333 Days: Travelogue of two students from the UK, who traveled around the world in 2000/ 2001. India, parts of Asia, New Zealand, Australia, and the USA.
- Around the World in 357 Days: 5 peoples' travels around the world in 1989 - 1990. North America, Asia, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
- Around the World with S/Y Dream: A `group` of young people sail around the world in 1999 - 2002
- Around the World with Wes and Masami: Journals, expenses, photos, route and links from a trip in 2000 - 2002. In English and Japanese.
- AroundTheWorld 1999: Features photographs, movies, travel tips, text and audio journals as four individuals drive Land Rover around the world in 78 days.
- Babymonkeys on Tour, Going Trans-Siberian: Two girls travelling the Trans-Siberian for their placement. From London to Hong-Kong by train during a six month journey in 2002.
- BackpackWithUs - Maren's and Kirk's Trip around the World 2001 / 2002: Includes daily reports, photo album, and travel resources for their trip through Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
- Baxka round the world: Travels of Miles and Yolanda from London through Asia, Australia, New Zealand, the US, Mexico and South America in 2000 / 2001.
- Bicycling and Photography Around the World: A collection of photographs, stories and anecdotes from bicycle trips in Asia, Oceania, Africa, Europe and Canada plus regional information.
- Big Adventures: Global travels in 2000 - 2001 including planning, travelogues, and photo essays.
- Big Al's Big Trip Around the World: Journals, links and photographs of Alan Soon's travels around Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand.
- Bike Trip 2001 (Prague - New Delhi): Bicycle trip starting in Prague, Czech Republic and finishing in New Delhi, India. The trip is going through Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran and Pakistan.
- Boston Cube: A travelogue about returning to the UK via South America, Australia and the Far East after two years working in Boston.
- Chasing Rainbows: Stories, photos and maps of Iain Planks 20 month trip around the world from 1999 - 2001.
- ChickenBus.Com: An Arizona couple's journey through 35 countries on 5 continents in 1998. Beijing, China to Mazatlan, and Mexico; mostly overland.
- China to Italy by Motorbike in 1997: Motorbike travel through China, Pakistan, Central Asia, Iran, Turkey and Greece. In English and Italian.
- Chris and Becky's Excellent Adventure: Ten and a half months in Africa, Europe, and South East Asia in 2000 - 2001
- Circle The Globe with Janet and John: Eighteen month trip in 1995 and 1996 through North America, the South Pacific, Asia, and Europe. Journals entries and photos.
- Crisis 2001 Tour: A six-month tour, February - August 2001, to multiple world countries. Photo gallery, links and poetry.
- Dave Was There: Updates on the travels of David Beer as he works his way around the globe.
- David Groom's Travel Page: Journal and photographs of an around the world backpacking trip of 1998-1999.
- David Jennings - Travels and Photos: Photos and journals from travels in Europe and the Middle East
- David and Lisa - Odyssey 2000: David and Lisa's trip around the world on a tandem bicycle.
- Davidmetraux.com: Adventures: A travelogue featuring original stories and photographs of many countries throughout Asia, Europe, and South America.
- Deb's World Tour: Logs of world travels including trips to the Philippines, Borneo, Australia and New Zealand. Features skydiving, bungy jumping, sailing and diving adventures.
- Derek's Semester At Sea Website: Site covers Derek's journey across the world on the Spring 2000 voyage of Semester At Sea. Includes Journal entries and photographs.
- Don Day's Journey Around the World: Don travels around the world and keeps this site updated with regular journey entries (daily to weekly). Includes photographs and live-chat with Don whenever he is online.
- Earth2Marsh.com: Photo Journal and Travelogue documenting Marsh Gardiner's 20+ month solo backpack through 22 countries in Europe, Morocco, Asia, Oceania, and North America.
- EarthRoamer.com: Chronicles an adventure driving around the world in an expedition equipped Dodge Ram truck.
- Emil's Travel Reports: Personal travelogues from a young Swede's trip to Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, India, Thailand and Australia.
- Explore the World with Tom and Marie: Stories and photos from an around the world trip covering Rome, Spain, London, Korea, Japan, Australia, Hawaii and San Francisco.
- Fliss Net: Travels through Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia containing photos and comments.
- Footsteps: Diary and observations of world travel through the years of 1998 through 2000.
- From Paris to Auckland, the Hard Way: Follow Laurent's trip through Europe, Middle-East, Asia and Oceania without using a plane.
- Gavin's Travel Diaries: The personal travel diaries of Gavin McClurg. A travelogue of more than 7 years backpacking around the world
- Geoff's Travel Scrapbook: Photos, articles and maps on independent travels around the world and in particular the Middle East and Africa.
- Global Trots of Anne and Brian: Photos and travelogues from a trip around the World October 2001 - August 2002
- Globe-trotters on Bicycle: Cycling around the world in 40 months.
- Globealone.com Travelogue: Jasper's Round the world adventure though Central America, South America, Oceania, and Asia.
- Go Global Girl: Myrna James travels around the globe from January 1998 to December 1998. Journals, photos and links.
- Go Strettons, Go!: Travel diary of a couple backpacking around the world, with stops including Canada, the USA, Australia, Asia and Peru. Includes a photo gallery, links and archived entries.
- Goliath: The Expedition: Karl Bushby's record breaking attempt to walk around the world. In life there are great things to be achieved.
- Gone Walkabout: Travelogues by Seán Connolly, including a 14-month trip around the world. Maps, quotes and photos.
- Gray's World: A traveler's personal photographic collection that includes Australia, Canada, the USA, Mexico and Central America,
- Great Big Trip: A year-long journey through the Americas, Australia and Asia by Patrick Alexander of Scotland. Pictures and humorous narration.
- Hayden's Travel Diary: Travel diary of travels that led through Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Bali, Australia and the USA. Includes photos.
- Heather and Vaci's Around the World Trip: A detailed travelogue of a trip from Southeast Asia through Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific islands and USA.
- Hitch-hike the World: Story of Kinga and Chopin's ongoing hitch-hiking journey around the world, with e-mails from the road, photos and a hitch-hiker's guide.
- Holiday 99-America, Britain, France: Diary and pictures of a trip to the USA, England, Scotland and France in September-October 1999.
- Jackie Turbo's Trip Around the World: Travelling through Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- John, Mary and Kathryn's Travel Page: John, Mary and Kathryn's trip around the world, with stops in Australia, Asia and Europe. Includes photos and a section on travel accessories.
- Jules and Yvonne go round the world: Follow their journey as they travel 29,000 miles round the world. Track progress and keep in touch during 2002/2003.
- Julie's Travelogue: Photos, tips and experiences from travel to Egypt, Kenya, Tibet, Nepal, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Kemmy - The Backpacking Photographer: Photos and short travelogue from a 1998 overland trip from Singapore to Germany.
- Kiwisonbikes - One Life, Bike It: Details of an overland cycling tour from England to New Zealand, via Nepal, in June 2000.
- La chica con los ojos lindos: Photographs and messages from Katia travelling through Thailand, Australia, New Zealand and Latin Amerika. The travelogues are posted in the forum. Some texts in Dutch.
- MadNomad: Evelyn and Gregg spent a year circling the world, checking into cybercafes along the way to share their adventures through words and images.
- Marie's World Tour 2001: Travels around the world by ship, train, bus and plane. Message boards, journal, newsletter and photo of the week.
- Maurice's Round the World: Travelogue with photos and travel tips for America, Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Myanmar and India from a trip in 1999.
- Mekkelmania: Tips, photographs and stories regarding a world trip. Includes Ecuador, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico and the Galapagos.
- Michael's Round the World Trip 2003: Follow his footsteps through South America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
- My Global Adventure: Travelling around the world in eight months, a travelogue.
- My-Travels.log: Personal site containing a detailed log of a trip around the world. Includes photos and links.
- Nolan Family World Tour: A family of five travels around the world, with individual journals. Currency converter, links and chat room.
- Not Workin': Travelogue of two thirty-something American ex-pats living in London who have put career climbing on hold to see a bit of the world.
- Notsorry.com: Personal around the world trip including Japanese shinkansen, Trans-Siberia and European wanderings.
- One Girl's Round the World Adventure: A solo round the world adventure that includes biking, hiking, kayaking and hitch-hiking.
- One Hundred Days: Four months spent in 2001 travelling through parts of Asia and Europe, flying westbound around the world. Planning journal, travelogue and related links.
- One Way or Another: Short story excerpts from trip that included the USA, India, Thailand and Australia.
- Overland Adventure of Los Ligato: Adventures south in a Volkswagen Westfalia through Mexico, Central America and South America.
- PatriciaTravel.com: Travel diary of a Canadian backpacking around the world in 2001 and 2002. Includes a photo slideshow.
- Perth2Perth Overland Expedition: Vehicle expedition driving overland from Perth, Scotland to Perth, Australia. Four teams will cover a route consisting of 19 different countries. Maps, itineraries and expedition journals.
- Pete's SAS S99 Voyage: A semester at sea travelogue that includes photos, stories, personal writing, tips and program information.
- Phil Gordon's Around the World Travels: Two years spent backpacking world wide. Time line, essays, links and mailing list.
- Rhymer's Travel Diary: World Wide Waffle. Rhymer Rigby is currently slackpacking around the world. Prior to this he was a journalist so he thought he'd put up a travel diary for his friends - and indeed anyone else to enjoy.
- Rocky and Sarah's Travel Diary: Two Canadians travel around the world to Europe, Australasia, SE Asia, and South America. Photos, tips and contact info for accommodations and restaurants.
- Round the World Backpacking: Travelogue from travels through Asia and Australia with photo gallery.
- Ruble's Trip Around the World: Journals, pictures, and planning notes for Jim and Jody's ten month trip around the world in 2001.
- S/Y Aquata: A Norwegian sloop cruising around the world. Includes information on the planned journey, the crew, and the boat as well as contact details, stories, and photos.
- ScottThompson.com: Around the world in 24 months. Scott Thompson provides a journal and photos of his travels to the seven continents of the world.
- Semyan.com: A couple travel around the world without flying. They visit USA, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand between 2000 and 2003.
- Shower of Bastards: The tales of Evil Phil as he travels around the world rock-climbing.
- Shunya's Travels: Travel pictures from around the world.
- Small Bag Big World: One couple`s 14-month journey around the world, from Africa to Asia to South America. Currently updated with adventures and pix from the road.
- Solo World Backpacking Trip: Travel journal of a solo backpacking trip, covering South East Asia, Australia and the USA.
- Sriram's exotic jaunts: Sriram Krishnamoorthy's travel jaunts to USA, UK and Asia.
- Stephen and Theresa Woo's Travels: Includes accounts of a Kilimanjaro climb in 1999, snowshoeing at Yosemite, camping at Big Sur, and trip through Shanghai, Fuzhou, and Taipei.
- Steven Raucher's World Tour: Around the world by motorcycle. Offers travel journal and photographs of destinations.
- Stories from Muzz: Photos and stories from an Australian travelling in the UK, Turkey, and France.
- Taleblazing: Travel tales from around the world including Asia, Europe, Australia and the USA.
- Terry's Trek - An Around the World Adventure: A trip in 2002 / 2003 to Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe.
- The BIG Trip 2000: Ian and Trina's year long trip, covering the Americas, the Pacific, South East Asia, Nepal and India.
- The Big Tripout: Multimedia travel diary of Toby and Sarena's journey around the world
- The Carlson Family's Around the World Travel Adventure: Details a ten month trip in 2001 - 2002 with three kids aged eight, ten and thirteen through Asia , Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
- The Cooper Chronicles: Adventures of an around the world trip, as well as photos and details from other shorter travels.
- The Digital Nomad Travels the World: Merrill Hartman left June 2001 for a multi-year trip around the world. Preparations on this website began at the turn of the millennium.
- The Honeymoon: Travel logs and updates on three year honeymoon trip around the world from Summer 1999 until Fall 2002. Diaries, webcam, photos, and travel letters. In Norwegian and English.
- The Long's Strange Trip: Travels through Thailand, Bali, India, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Peru, Bolivia, and Mexico in 2000.
- The Millennium Adventure: An around the world journey in a one-of-a-kind Mercedes-Benz, which leads through six continents between 1999-2001.
- The Travel Year: A sixteen month round-the-world adventure through parts of Central America, the South Pacific, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. Tips and photo gallery.
- The Voyagers World Travel & Nepal Focus: Contains travelogues, photo gallery, and travel information from a trip through India, the Middle East, South East Asia and Eastern Europe.
- The Yellow Brick Road Travel Blog: Follow Melle and Ed as they plan and then travel through North and South America, and Oceania. They leave in August 2003.
- Travel Around the World 1995: A journey through Europe to Russia, Japan and the USA. Photos and travelogues.
- TravelingArmchair.com: Around the world ramblings with itineraries, logs and photos.
- Traveller's Tales: Chronicles of a one year tour from London to Los Angeles via the Africa, India, Asia, Australia, South American the Caribbean islands and Portugual.
- Travels of Glyn, Ben and Neil: Photos and travelogue based on a trip to the USA, Cook Islands, Figi and Australia. Includes poems and a option to send in your pictures.
- Travels with a Spousal Unit: These stories chronicle a journey across Africa and Central Asia; a 9 1/2 month camping and budget backpacking adventure by two people.
- Two Belgian Globebikers: Two Belgian guys cycle the globe through South America, Asia and Australia.
- Ulfwood - A Geek's Progress: A travelogue and photos of travels around Australia and Asia.
- Up Over Down Under: A unique travelogue which follows the travels of 4 individuals around the globe. Itinerary, journals, route map and links.
- Vagabonding.com: A chronicle of the solo year long journey of Mike Pugh, that started in October, 2002. After leaving Chicago, USA, destinations include Southeast Asia, India, and East Africa.
- Wanderlings: Follow Kristi & Jo on their one year trip through the USA, Mexico, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Planning information, routes and photos.
- We decided to take a little trip: Travelogue of Dave & Marisa Haralson's trip around the world during 2002-03.
- Where In The World Is Bob Jack: Traveling as a way of life - a 700 day overland trip from England to Australia up to China/Tibet, followed by one year working in Japan, to be followed by more travelling.
- Where in the World Was David Sheppard: Ten months exploring South America, Africa, Mediterranean Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Indonesia, and the South Pacific.
- Where's Cherie?: Cherie left the corporate world with the goal to see thirty countries in three years; discovering that traveling is in the journey, not the destination. Photos, logs, links and polls.
- Where's that lucky bastard?: Matt Kingsnorth's online diary as he travels the world. Pictures and stories from the four corners of the globe. Includes links.
- Windows to the World 2000: Compilation of tips, photographs and information from world travels.
- Wired2theWorld: Join Kristina and David as they travel around the world to 19 countries in 9 months. Journals from a dual perspective, photos, budget and links.
- WiredNomad: Wirednomad is a continuously updated multimedia record of the experiences of two friends as they travel the world in 2002, 2003. South America, New Zealand, Australia, Southeast Asia and Europe.
- World Famous Travel Diary: A collection of stories and photographs from the travels of three friends as they circumnavigate the globe.
- World Tour 2001: Three friends travel the world in 2001.
- World Tripping: Simon and Leah attempt to cycle around the world publishing online a travelogue of travel writing and travel photos. Chat about world travel or send web postcards at worldtripping.net
- WorldWander Around the world travel: An around-the-world travelogue from 1998 - 1999 combining detailed travel stories, photos and practical information. Continents include Asia, South America, Africa, Europe, and Middle East.
This category in other languages: