Search Home : Recreation : Travel : Travelogues : Middle East
- 162 days in the east: A detailed travel report of a journey through the Middle East with a 4WD mobile home.
- 3 weeks in Egypt: Discover Egypt as a backpacker: Cairo, Aswan, Luxor, Dahab, Sinaï, Alexandria and Siwa. A lot of pictures and memories.
- 5 weeks in Syria and Jordan: A 5 weeks trip to Syria and Jordan. Started in Damascus, then Aleppo, Palmyra, Beirut, Amman, Petra and Aqaba
- A bad journey on Emirates Airlines: A journey on Emirates Airlines, when almost everything went wrong.
- A weekend in Nimrod, Israel: A short travelogue with photos about a weekend in Nimrod, in the Golan Heights, Israel.
- An American Goth Girl in Cairo: Paintings, photography and travel stories by a young American Goth girl in Egypt summer 2003.
- An American in Iran: After making friends with Iranians while studying Farasi at New York University, this student went to Iran to see the country for himself.
- An Egypt Adventure: Kevin's adventure in Egypt in January of 1999. The web site contains many photos.
- Andy's Mideast Journal: Andy Carvin's 1995 trip across Egypt, Israel and Jordan at the time of Yitzhak Rabin's assassination.
- April's Travelogue: April from Hong Kong spends a month in Egypt, Israel and Jordan. Includes a list of the accommodation she used, plus lots of practical tips.
- Armenia, Karabagh, Iran, Turkey 2003: A trip to Armenia, Karabagh, Iran and Turkey in the summer of 2003. Includes a list of links.
- At Jerusalem University College in Israel: Journal of the lives of Sarah and Rachel at Jerusalem University College in Israel. Also included is field trips to Egypt and Greece.
- Ayse & Jan's Travelspot: Pics and info of trips through Turkey and Iran featuring a 4 month trip through Turkey and Iran by car, April -August 2002.
- Bukkhra-insha-Allah - A journey to Egypt: Journey along the Nile from Cairo to Aswan. As close as if you would be there.
- Chris' Trip To The Middle East: Contains informative articles and photographs of destinations in the Middle East.
- Destinaton Denied. A Travel to North Cyprus.: A journey to a forgotten territory, a lost paradise at the cross-road between Europe and the Middle East: North Cyprus.
- Doug Burnett's travel page: Includes two middle eastern trips of note: A 1999 trip to Iran, plus a 1996 trip to Israel and Jordan.
- Insh'Allah For Sure: Photographs, stories, and information from Uzbekistan and Iran.
- Iran: A Travel Guide: This site is actually a collection of mini-travelogues, in the form of email messages and newsgroup postings from people who have visited Iran.
- Israel 2000: Journal, photos, and more from Egypt and Israel; two weeks touring, three weeks at an archaeological dig at Tel Rehov.
- Israel Photos: Photos I and II from Israel. Journeys 1999 and 2002 to Israel from Tell Dan to Eilat. Emphasis on historical sites important to Christianity and other popular sites in Israel.
- Israel and Jordan: A journal of two friends on a holiday for three weeks in Israel and Jordan with no set plans.
- Jani's Excursion to Jordan: Photojournal of a 4-day blitzkrieg tour through the Hashemite Kingdom.
- Kathmandu to Damascus: Ride in style - in the back of an all-terrain vehicle packed with sweaty Brits - through Iran, Turkey, Syria, and Jordan. This refreshing site is unique among Dragoman travelogues in that it does not dwell primarily on squabbles among the passengers.
- Libynon - Lebanon: Travelogue about an trip by three women to the Lebanon; with photos.
- Memories of an educational cruise in the Mediterranean: In 1966 pupils from Ewell County Secondary school went on a cruise in the "Nevasa" to Italy, Egypt, Israel, Malta and Gibraltar. This is a collection of photographs of this event.
- Middle East Trip 2003: Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine: A travelogue with lots of photos about three weeks in Middle East, visiting exciting places and meeting charming people.
- My First Full Day in Bethlehem, Israel: A narrative of my 5-week pilgrimage to Bethlehem and Jerusalem, Israel during the summer.
- Nagat's story: A Female Taxi Driver in Egypt: Traveling through Cairo with one of the few women taxi drivers.
- Off-road in Oman and a holiday in Egypt: Spectacular scenery of Oman accessible to campers in four-wheel drive vehicles. A holiday in Egypt as seen by 9 year old George and his Mum. We have lived in Oman for eight years.
- Our trip to Amud River: 2-day trip to Amud River, northern israel, trip page.
- Peter is in Israel: A traveller's log. Updated constantly by Peter, who was going to spend 5 months in a kibbutz, but stayed on.
- Pradeep Selvakumar's Travel Stories: Kuwait: Notes and photos from a trip in December 2000.
- Syria: A Travelogue by Doug Burnett: A travelogue of a trip to Syria, including Damascus, Aleppo and Palmyra, in May 1996.
- Tale of a Journey in the Islamic Republic of Iran: A very in-depth report of a seat-of-the-pants solo trip to Iran in July 1996.
- TasAvir-e Iran: Brad Hernlem goes to Iran and brings back pictures. Includes a lengthy collection of Iran travel and background links.
- The Big Trip - London to Cairo via Heartbreak: One Australian's harrowing journey into heartbreak and hell in the Mediteranean and the Middle East.
- The Orientalist - A trip to Egypt: A young man, travels to the Near East, in hopes of wisdom, and adventure. Watch as he arrives in Cairo, knowing no one, and becomes the loneliest man in Africa. How will it all unfold? Follow the reports in the blog.
- Thirty Six Years on a Pillar: An well-informed and intriguing travelogue from Syria, featuring narratives about Damascus, Palmyra, Aleppo and other sites. The travelogue is written by a very experienced traveler, Tan Wee Cheng, who has traveled more than 60 countries.
- Travelogue from the Middle East: Travelogue of a three week journey through Syria, Jordan and Lebanon in October of 2001.
- Trip to the Holy Land, October 1997: California tourist describes days spent shuttling between sightseeing in Israel and sleeping in the Palestinian Autonomous Zone near Ramallah, West Bank.
- Two Weeks In Egypt: The travelers first holiday abroad that became an excellent adventure in Egypt.
- Yemen with Stefano Dighero: No photos, but a detailed and sensitive description of a week in Yemen.
- blogJordan: A real-time online journal of two guy's journey to the Biblical and archealogical sites that abound in the country of Jordan.
- the2ems on Egypt: A personal recollection of holidays in Egypt, with photographs.
This category in other languages: