Search Home : Reference : Dictionaries : By Subject
- 1960s Slang: Collection of some slang words used in the 1960's.
- Antique Bottle Terms: Terms used to identify and describe the condition of antique bottles.
- Apparel Vocabulary: User contributed glossary of fashion and apparel terms.
- Bar-None Drinking Dictionary: Hundreds of definitions for ingredients and techniques used in mixing alcoholic beverages.
- Book Collectors' Glossary: Cross-referenced glossary of book collecting terms.
- Button Bytes Light Glossary: Glossary of button collecting terms.
- Cargo Shipping Acronyms: Glossary of Cargo-Shipping terminology.
- Cat Dictionary: Lynne Marie Stockman's collection of terms relating to cats.
- Cat Fancier's Glossary: Glossary, acronyms, list of titles and breed descriptions.
- Cavers' Slang: Compendium of cavers' terms contributed by individuals from all over the world.
- Compressed Air Glossary of Terms: Comprehensive glossary on compressed air
- Dictionary of Education: Detailed, cross-referenced dictionary of educational terms with references to periodicals from whence the terms derive.
- Dog Terms: Dictionaries and glossaries of words and abbreviations related to dogs. Some content available in downloadable format.
- Early Latin Terms: Common latin terms found in imprints of early printed books.
- Fabric Dictionary: Dictionary of textile and fashion vocabulary.
- Fins' Aquarium Glossary: Vocabulary relating to aquariums.
- Fraudaid.com - Dictionary of Financial Scam Terms: A guide to financial terms as distorted by con artists to defraud victims.
- GlossPost: Glossaries' mailing list for translators, interpreters, terminologists and technical writers.
- Glossary of Terms for Dyeing: Terms related to the dyeing of textiles.
- Glossary of Beer Terms: Beer types and beer brewing terms.
- Glossary of Library Terms: Glossary of terms and jargon based on one created for the Cornell University Libraries with terms and definitions borrowed from the Anglo-American cataloguing rules and other sources.
- Glossary of Nautical Terms: Cross-referenced list of nautical words with bibliography.
- Glossary of Web Hosting Terms: Glossary of web hosting, ISP and telecommunication terms from The Web Host Industry Review.
- Glossary on Transnational Organized Crime: Collection of English, Russian and French language terms by Roman Nazarov.
- Hat Glossary: Indexed collection of hat types and terms used in the hat-making industry.
- Inductel: Offers dictionary software with definitions including medical, legal, English, computer, science, and technical. Also offers medical, legal, science, and technical spell checkers.
- Jargon Scout: Trendy internet jargon. No longer updated; last update was June 2001.
- Learning Disabilities Terms: Compilation of learning disabilities terms and definitions adapted from a number of sources.
- Leather Terms: Glossary of the most common terms used in the leatherworking industry.
- Locksmith Dictionary: Dictionary of locksmithing terms.
- Mobspeak: Common slang terms used by "the Mob" extracted from "The Mafia Handbook" by Douglas Le Vien, Jr.
- National Hunt Racing Terms: Collection of terms associated with steeplechasing, also known as jump racing.
- Natural History Terms: Glossary of terms used by practicing biologists and paleontologists in various fields.
- Nautical Nomeclature: Words used to described the various parts of boats and ships and general sailing terms.
- Oil Analysis, Lubrication and Filtration Terms: Online, searchable collection of lubrication and oil analysis terminology.
- Olah.com - Denim Survival Guide: Includes a dictionary of textile terms.
- Online Dictionary of Library and Information Science: Reference `resource` of library and information science terminology maintained by the Western Connecticut State University.
- PCGS Coin Collecting Glossary: Terms and slang of the rare coin market.
- Paper Money Glossary: Terms used in the collection, study and production of paper money.
- Performing Arts Dictionary: Dictionary of terms associated with ballet, tap dancing and music.
- Rock Art Glossary: Glossary of terms used in the study of Native American Indian rock art.
- Sheet Music Terms: One page gloassary of vocabulary used on sheet music or within the industry of sheet music publishers.
- SiBasic Nautical Glossary: Definitions for common nautical terms and slang.
- Silicon Valley Slang: Technical terms and expressions commonly used in Silicon Valley.
- Speleological and Caving Terms: Australian Speleological Federation glossary of speleological and caving terms with references to related literature.
- Super Gigantic Y2K Winegrape Glossary: Cross-referenced glossary of wine grape varieties.
- Sushi Vocabulary: Glossary of sushi-related terms and Japanese names for common fish served as sushi.
- Tealand Tea Words: Glossary of tea preparation and production terminology.
- Terminology Collection: Multilingual glossaries for specialized fields from the University of Vaasa, Finland.
- Texas Talk: Collection of words, phrases and slang used in Texas.
- Travel Industry Dictionary: Presented by the Home-Based Travel Agent Resource Center. Over 4,000 entries: industry terms, jargon, abbreviations, acronyms, and slang used by agents, suppliers, and professionals.
- Universal Switching's Glossary of Electronic Terms: Available in html or pdf formats.
- Used Books Terminology: Glossary of book-related terms and common abbreviations including ones for indicating size and condition.
- Whisky glossary: Small glossary of whisky and general distilling terms with diagrams.
This category in other languages: