Search Home : Reference : Education : Colleges and Universities : Graduate Education
- Advice for Undergraduates Considering Graduate School: Article by Phil Agre, offering informal advice for undergraduates who are thinking about graduate school. Focus is on doctoral programs.
- All About Grad School: Geographical listing of business, law, medical & engineering graduate schools.
- American College of Bankruptcy: An honorary professional and educational association of bankruptcy and insolvency professionals which seeks to enhance the highest quality of bankruptcy practice.
- Association for Support of Graduate Students (ASGS): A service organization for dissertation-writing graduate students.
- Beyond Academe: Intended to help PhDs make the transition out of academia. Beyond Academe is intended specifically for historians but can be used by PhDs in the humanities as well as the sciences.
- Dissertation Strategies Newsletter: Free newsletter of tips and strategies for completing your dissertation or thesis. Useful articles on dealing with advisor and committee; getting started; research and writing issues.
- Doctoral Student Perceptions of Learning to be Reflective Practitioners: Article from Academic Exchange Quarterly which looks at how doctoral students learn how to become members of their professions.
- Entering Graduate School: Offers advice from three seasoned academics on whether graduate school is a good idea for a person.
- Grad Profiles: Large collection graduate and professional school profiles and narratives.
- Grad Source: A `resource` for graduate bound students in North America and from around the world who are interested in US or Canadian masters and doctoral programs.
- GradView: Graduate education `resource` for students planning to attend graduate school, with articles and information on financial aid, tests and test preparation, choosing a school, careers and career options, virtual tours of graduate schools, and an online discussion area for students.
- Gradschools.com: Comprehensive online directory of graduate and post-graduate school programs, arranged by curriculum, including contact information, program descriptions and links to leading programs world wide.
- Graduate and Continuing Education for Community College Leaders: Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which examines the benefits of graduate education for leaders in community colleges.
- How to Succeed in Graduate School: A Guide for Students and Advisors: Article originally published in Crossroads, the ACM student magazine.
- IEF Education Foundation: Information regarding colleges, universities, language and boarding schools. Also American Education directory and online application available for international students in English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Ivory Doghouse: Discusses the academic job market, problems of new Ph.D.s, and the outlook for independent scholars and grad students in the humanities.
- LLM-Guide.com: Lists Master of Law (LLM) programs worldwide, with contact address, subject-specialties, and links for specific information.
- New Professors’ Reflections on the Dissertation Process: Article from Academic Exchange Quarterly which presents the views of a new faculty member on the dissertation writing process.
- Peterson's Guide to Graduate and Professional Study: Searchable guide to more than 3,000 graduate programs.
- Peterson's: The Graduate School Channel: Comprehensive graduate education resources, including a database of over 35,000 graduate programs at accredited universities.
- PhinisheD: Online discussion and support `group` for people who can't seem to finish their dissertations or theses.
- Re-envisioning the Ph.D. Project: Dedicated to fostering national/international discussion and initiatives that address the question: How can we re-envision the Ph.D. to meet the societal needs of the 21st Century?
- The NAGPS National Doctoral Program Survey: An assessment of compliance with best practice in graduate education for doctoral programs in the U.S. and Canada.
- Thesis and Dissertation Abstracts: Offers a free service which allows anyone who has written a thesis, dissertation or paper to publish their abstract online and thus making it available to the whole Internet community.
- University Job Bank: Provides current openings of graduate research and teaching assistantships, fellowships, scholarships, and resume services.
- Vanguard Rankings 2004 - 2005: Profiles the top 100 universities in the United States ranked by graduate faculty from nationwide surveys by the National Research Council.
- Writing and Presenting Your Thesis: Advice for every stage of the process. List of general advice, suggestions and invaluable tips.
- e-Coach Survival Guide: Free monthly e-mail newsletter and other resources devoted to practical strategies for successfully completing doctoral dissertations.
- phdguideonline: Gives information on doctoral research programmes, fellowships, scholarships, and universities around the world with a focus on Indian schools.