Search Home : Reference : Education : Colleges and Universities : Guides
- AUAP University Classification: Undergraduate classification of US universities for international students.
- About College: Answers to general questions, tips from students, recipes, and links to selected schools.
- Back to College: All-in-one `resource` for returning students
- Best Schools USA: Offers articles about preparing for college plus a searchable database of schools.
- CampusView.com: An online library of college and university viewbooks.
- Catholic College Search: Information for parents, counselors and students from the National Catholic College Admission Association.
- Choosing a College: Complete text of Thomas Sowell's book, "Choosing a College."
- College Ahead: A guide to help high school students choose, apply for, get accepted to, and pay for college. Also has a section on what to pack for the "big move."
- College Bound Selection Service: Offers a database search to assist college-bound students in choosing a school.
- College Confidential: College admissions, search, financial aid, and scholarship resources, plus paid Ivy League college counseling.
- College Entrance - 101: Describes a seminar to encourage middle and high school students to get an early start on preparing to go to college.
- College Guide: Offers the most recent edition copies of this book for sale while providing free online access to the 2001 edition.
- College Help for the Stressed: Information on how to get yourself into college, both undergraduate and graduate. College survival tips, and links to resources for students.
- College Majors: A Complete Guide: Offers for sale a CD-ROM-based program to help you choose between 400 profiled college majors.
- College Planning Center: Guide for high school students planning to go to college. Helps select the right college and major, submit the application, and finance college.
- College Profiles: In-depth profiles of some colleges with listings and links to others.
- College Questions: Includes college search timelines and checklists plus questions to ask when choosing.
- College Search: Offers a searchable database by college and location as well as guidelines for loans and other topics.
- College Search and College Textbooks: A guide to college life and how to do well in higher education.
- College and University Rankings: Offers a list of rankings for colleges, as well as discussion of ranking issues.
- CollegeCounts.com: Financial aid and college selection information for African American students and their parents.
- CollegeData: Contains college and scholarship search tools, plus articles and advice.
- CollegeFever.com: A multi-purpose site for college students.
- CollegeNET: An online guide to colleges, universities, and graduate programs. In addition to information on college admissions, there are links to academic resources, and online applications. CollegeNET has the most comprehensive set of links to school homepages on the Web.
- CollegeProwler: A college guidebook series written by students for students.
- CollegeSource Online: Offers fee-based access to thousands of college catalogs in cover-to-cover, original page format.
- Collegeandfuture.com: Offers articles and tips for new college students.
- Colleges That Change Lives Online: Based on the book by author Loren Pope which describes forty selected U.S. colleges and discusses myths of the college search process.
- Collegesurfing.com: Online videos, school overviews, and campus maps for selected colleges.
- Collegiate Choice Walking Tours: Videos of campus tours at over 330 colleges and universities.
- Community College Web: A searchable index of links to community colleges in the United States, Canada, and elsewhere.
- Educator Magazine: Quarterly magazine focused on adult education.
- Epinions.com Education: Features college reviews and commentary by students and parents, plus education-related links.
- Euroeducation Net: A guide to graduate and postgraduate courses in Europe, Russia, and the CIS
- F1study.com: Provides information on many US universities including a guide for the admissions process geared towards international students. Also offers university suggestion and Visa FAQs with answers.
- Fairco Worldwide: Information on international education in multiple languages, with resources specific to student origins and study destinations.
- Finding Information on Colleges and Universities: Michigan State University site that provides links to college guide resources. Also includes a list of helpful books for finding college guide information.
- GuideMeNACME: Provides an introduction to engineering & related education paths for middle and high school students.
- How To Get In: Offers admissions guides and resources for competitive colleges.
- Indiana Career and Postsecondary Advancement Center: Career information plus help choosing a college.
- Making College Count: Real World Guide To Success: Articles mainly written by college students or graduates.
- Medical Help Network: Provides advice to high school students on the process of becoming a physician.
- NIEP College Focus: Guide to finding the right college through preview tours and counselling for students and advisors.
- NYTimes.com - Learning Beyond Measure: Op/Ed article argues that the college experience depends more on the student's efforts than the school's ranking. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.]
- National Association of Collegiate Parents: A fee-based `resource` of higher education related information providing guidance and tips for a successful college experience.
- Not-the-13th-Grade Site: Advice from a college professor to college students about how to succeed in college and what makes it different from high school.
- Peterson's: Provides data on over 2,100 colleges and universities, graduate programs, financial aid, and test preparation.
- Raven Days: Articles and links to colleges allowing concurrent enrollment of high school students, or admission of underage students and/or homeschoolers.
- Real College Life Magazine: Articles about college life.
- SchoolGuides: College search directory with school details and student `resource` listings.
- Selecting a College: A Checklist Approach: Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which details a checklist which can help in selecting a college.
- StudentNow College Life: Covers student life, resources, jobs, travel, personals, sports, research, financial aid, shopping discounts and free stuff.
- Students Review: Takes data about students who are satisfied or dissatisfied with their college & presents it to both graduate school bound & college bound students.
- Suite101.com: Higher Education: Information about choosing a college, the application process, and types of colleges, as well as history/sociology of higher education.
- TIME.com College Center: A guide for students -- where to apply, how to get in, how to pay, and what to do there.
- Talbot's Student Planning Book: Articles about testing deadlines, selecting a major, interviews, and essays. Also includes links to information about individual colleges and universities, and sources of financial aid.
- The International Education Site: Study abroad and university advice for students worldwide who are considering an international education.
- U.S. News & World Report: America's Best Colleges, America's Best Graduate Schools: Interactive guides plus articles, scholarship information and forums. Much of the content requires payment for access.
- USA StudyGuide: International student guide to university and higher education in the USA.
- Univsource: Information about universities in the United States and Canada for prospective students and web resources for current students.
- Vanguard College Rankings: Paid service offers rankings of graduate, undergraduate, and PhD programs.
- eCampusTours.com: Virtual campus tours, plus other tools for college planning and scholarship research.
- iMahal Education: Information for students from India on finding a college worldwide, admission requirements, financial aid, visa and immigration data, and links.