Search Home : Reference : Education : Distance Learning : Associations
- ADEC Distance Education Consortium: An international consortium of state universities and land grant institutions providing high quality and economic distance education programs and services via the latest and most appropriate information technologies.
- AECT WebSite: The mission of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology is to provide leadership in educational communications and technology by linking professionals holding a common interest in the use of educational technology and its application to the learning process.
- Adult Education Network (AEN): The AEN promotes the activities of its members. These include clubs, associations, special interest groups and service organisations in South Africa.
- African Distance Learning Association: ADLA is the major supporting vehicle for Open Colleges and Virtual Universities of Africa.
- Alabama Distance Learning Association: Works to promote distance learning in Alabama.
- Arizona Distance Learning Association: Purpose is to promote the development and application of distance learning for education and training. The constituents served include Pre-K through grade 12 education, higher education, home school education, continuing education, corporate training, military and government training, and telemedicine.
- Association of Chartered Treasury Managers: ACTM identifies itself with the role of organizing and bringing the globally relevant body of knowledge in treasury management together for the development of the treasury profession.
- Distance Learning Association (DLA): The founding mission of DLA is to enhance the educational experience and career level of its members seeking distance learning opportunities. DLA was established to support adults in pursuit of their goals and occupational skills.
- Ethiopian Distance Learning Association: Committed to the education of the Ethiopian youth in collaboration with grass root organizations including The International Open College of Ethiopia, the Virtual School of Ethiopian Studies and the Ethiopian Virtual University.
- European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU): a strategic level organisation whose European activities and projects support and advance goals towards achieving its mission: to promote and support the creation of a European network for higher level distance education.
- Federal Government Distance Learning Association (FGDLA): A chapter of the US Distance Learning Association (USDLA). The goal of the FGDLA is to promote distance learning within the federal government. To accomplish this goal, the FGDLA coordinates with the Government Alliance for Training and Education (GATE) and the Government Education and Training Network (GETN). The Government Resources Capabilities Directory (GRCD) provides a way for government agencies to publish training resources and capabilities.
- Florida Distance Learning Association: A non-profit association formed to promote the development and application of distance learning in the public and private sectors and all levels of education: K-12, area education agencies, higher education, continuing education, information sciences, corporate training and education, and the military.
- Garden State Distance Learning Consortium: Non-profit association of educators for teachers to promote the development and application of distance learning. New Jersey, USA.
- ICDL: The International Centre for Distance Learning (ICDL) On-line Information Service.
- International Council for Open and Distance Education: The ICDE web site. Information on our organization, memberships and World Conference in Vienna 1999.
- Maryland Distance Learning Association: An association of professionals who advocate and promote the coordination and use of distance learning in Maryland and throughout the region.
- Missouri Distance Learning Association (MoDLA): Promotes the effective application of distance learning strategies to maximize access, equity, and quality of educational resources for teachers and learners of all ages.
- National Association of DE Organisations of South Africa (NADEOSA): Association committed to promoting access to lifelong learning of high quality.
- Oklahoma Distance Learning Association: Seeks to promote the development and application of distance learning in education and training in Oklahoma.
- SACHED, South Africa: For over 30 years SACHED (South African Committee for Higher Education) has worked in the field of distance education to widen access to learning for marginalised communities.
- South African Institute for Distance Education: SAIDE was formed in 1992 to assist in the reconstruction of education and training in South Africa by promoting open learning principles and the use of approaches and methods of quality distance education. SAIDE works closely with educational institutions, as well as national and provincial governments, to translate these approaches into practice.
- South Carolina Partnership for Distance Education: A collaborative organization of higher education institutions, school districts, libraries, governmental agencies, and businesses working to increase access to education for all the states citizens through the use of technology.
- Texas Distance Learning Association: Membership is open to all individuals, statewide, nationwide, and around the world, who are interested in promoting the sensible application of distance learning strategies to maximize access, equity, and quality of educational resources for teachers and learners of all ages.
- The Association for Applied Interactive Multimedia: Created to support professionals who use and develop interactive multimedia for education and training. The mission of AAIM is to bring together through communication, workshops, conferences, and this web site practicing multimedia professionals, educators, trainers, and those considering using multimedia and related applications
- The Commonwealth of Learning (COL): An international organisation created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning/distance education resources and technologies. COL is helping developing nations improve access to quality education and training.
- The Distance and Education Training Council: A non-profit educational association which serves as a clearinghouse of information about the distance study/correspondence field.
- The Education Coalition: TEC works to create new public educational systems, models and partnerships. We serve as a focus for development, dissemination, research, advocacy and funding related to educational change and the use of technologies.
- Uninet - The South African academic and research network: Uninet's main objective is "to provide a computer network that works to the standards of the Internet, for the use of every academic, researcher and student in South Africa" [http://www.frd.ac.za/uninet.html)
- United States Distance Learning Association: A non-profit association formed to promote the development and application of distance learning for education and training. Includes K-12 education, higher education, continuing education, corporate training, and military and government training.
- University Continuing Education Association: International association of accredited universities and colleges providing undergraduate, graduate and professional education via the Internet, satellite television, independent study, and part-time study.
- Web-Based Training Information Center (WBT): A non-profit `resource` for individuals and organizations interested in developing and delivering training using web technology. The intent of this site is to share non-proprietary information, stimulate creative ideas, and link to interesting training sites around the world. No product or service is offered at this site.
- West Virginia Network: Information and services for users of statewide network system for public colleges and universities.
- World Association for Online Education (WAOE): A non prifit international professional organization concerned with online pedagogy. WAOE offers membership services relevant to educators concerned with teaching online, public services for international society, and collaboration with other educational organizations functioning in cyberspace.