Search Home : Reference : Education : Distance Learning
- Centre for Self Managed Learning (SML): Promotes the wider use of SML and provides a network giving advice and support to people involved in SML.
- CyberU: Provides individuals with access to online courses and resources offered by universities and educational institutions worldwide.
- Distance Learning: News, articles, resources, and discussion of distance learning from About.com.
- Distance Learning Resource Network: The dissemination project for the U.S. Department of Education Star Schools Program.
- Free-Ed.Net: Free online courses, tutorials, study guides and lessons in 120 academic and vocational/technical topic areas.
- Indiana State University - DegreeLink Program: Transfer your associate degree credit to Indiana State University, and complete a bachelor's degree via the Internet, live television, correspondence, or videotapes - anywhere in Indiana.
- Laragh CourseWare's Office Administration Suite: Laragh CourseWare's 3-CD Office Administration Suite covers the CPS examination curriculum of the IAAP, deliverig key administrative, communication, computer, and bookkeeping competencies.
- LearnLinc Live Internet Learning: LearnLinc 4.0 software for live online learning via a "virtual classroom" carried over the Internet, corporate or university intranets, or wide area network environments.
- Lifelong Learners: Distance learning courses from Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (Sweden).
- NetWORLD University: NetWORLD University provides online web based training and education on most computer and business related topics.
- PBS Adult Learning: Information on degrees at a distance, including workplace skills, literacy tools, management development and executive education.
- PassKey, A Prescriptive Learning System: Self-paced computer-based learning system teaches basic-skills proficiency in reading, writing, mathematics, and science. The program is designed for young adults, but many courses would be appropriate for younger children as well.
- Project VIEW: Technology Innovation Challenge Grant led by the Schenectady City School District. Harnesses distance learning technologies in a classroom environment.
- Southeast Online: Southeast Missouri State University's Distance Education site providing access to education through technology mediated courses.
- Teleclass Canada Distance Learning Centre: Teleclasses are live interactive training classes from the convenience of home or office via telephone. Choose from a wide range of topics.
- The Center for Distance Learning Research: The center's mission is to provide timely and appropriate information on the development, application and maintenance of information technology systems. This information is provided through demonstration, training, publications and technical assistance.
- The Malet Street Gazette: Online tutorial program for University of London External Programme (Laws) students.
- University of Minnesota - Independent and Distance Learning: Correspondence,Internet, and other distance learning courses offered by the University of Minnesota. You do not need to come to campus or be admitted to any degree program.
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies: Offers correspondence and on-line courses for distance learning.
- Wired News: Online Schools Under Scrutiny: Some charter schools are being run in a slipshod manner.
- Wired News: Virtual Degrees Virtually Tough: Don't expect an OnlineU.com diploma to compete with a Harvard degree anytime soon.
- World Lecture Hall (WLH): Contains links to course materials for university-level courses. Some, though not all, of these courses are offered entirely over the Internet. Some, though not all, offer college credit through distance learning. All are courses offered at accredited colleges and universities around the world, and all course materials reachable through WLH are free and publicly available. One can submit a course for possible addition to the hall. Topics are browseable and searchable.
This category in other languages: