Search Home : Reference : Education : Early Childhood : Organizations and Clearinghouses
- Association Childhood Education international: Dedicated to the education of young children.
- Association for Childhood Education International: Provides information on the organization's history and purpose, lists of members and committees, a guide to standards, and published materials.
- Association of Early Childhood Educators, Newfoundland and Labrador: Offers an introduction to the association, as well as membership information.
- Association of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario (AECEO): Grassroots organization dedicated to creating awareness and respect for the education and care of young children. Site includes mission statement, staff and board directories, articles, membership information, code of ethics, and information on awards the organization offers.
- California Early Childhood Mentor Program: Tells who the agency is and what is does. Includes an introduction to the mentoring program, a participant's area, and a list of printed materials available for sale.
- California Kindergarten Association: Committed to facilitating quality education for all kindergarten children. Sites includes information on conferences, grants, publications, current legislation, and membership.
- Child Development Council of Franklin County: Provides Head Start services to income eligible children ages 3-5 and their families in the Columbus, Ohio area. Includes mission statement, program information, and contact numbers.
- Child Development Resources: Private, nonprofit agency provides services for young children and their families, as well as training for early childhood and early intervention professionals. Site provides an overview of both services and training, as a brief history of the agency.
- Childcare Resource and Research Unit (CRRU): Focus is on early childhood care, education research, and advocacy for the publicly-funded, universally accessible, comprehensive, not-for-profit system of early childhood care and education in Canada. Site includes research, resource, and policy links.
- Childswork Learning Center, Inc.: A nonprofit early childhood center in Portland, OR.
- Coalition of Infant/Toddler Educators: The Coalition of Infant and Toddler Educators promotes quality infant/toddler care and education through professional development and other resources.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education: Information and resources on the education and care of children from birth through early adolescence.
- Early Childhood Development Association of Prince Edward Island: A non-profit organization to promote the physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development of young children. Site includes mission statement, list of accomplishments, code of ethics, and membership information.
- Early Childhood Education On Line: Listserv and website offer support and information exchange for those interested in providing quality care and learning situations for young children.
- Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia: Provides an overview of the organization as well as product order form and membership organization.
- Early Childhood Professional Association of Alberta: Provides membership and contact information.
- Early Stars: Campaign sponsored by the Chicago Accreditation Partnership to educate people about accreditation and how it can help improve the quality of child care available to low-income families. Includes listing of accredited centers, calendar of events and related articles.
- Froebel Foundation USA: The Froebel Foundation USA was established in January 2001 to promote the educational ideas of Friedrich Froebel to the world at large and preserve the history the U.S. kindergarten movement.
- Global Early Intervention Network (GEIN): An online informational `resource` and discussion community helping parents, service providers, students, faculty and others learn more about early intervention.
- Great Lakes Head Start Quality Network: Serves Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Site includes information about the network, message boards, a chat room, performance standards, calendar of events, and online neighborhoods related to various educational issues.
- Hartford Association for the Education of Young Children: Serves the needs and rights of young children by providing educational services and resources to adults who work with and for them. Site includes monthly newsletter, calendar of upcoming events, `resource` library, and membership and scholarship information.
- Head Start Information and Publication Center: Provides information to the Head Start community. Includes publication guide, schedule of upcoming conferences, printable materials, and online guides.
- High/Scope Educational Research Foundation: Independent nonprofit research, curriculum development, teacher training, and public advocacy organization. Site includes an overview educational programs, a catalog of published materials, assessment tools, and research studies.
- Jumpstart: Recruits, trains, supervises, and supports college students to work with early childhood programs such as Head Start. News, locations, and volunteer opportunities.
- Kindergarten Wairarapa Inc: Includes general and member kindergarten information, as well as contact details.
- Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children: A membership-based organization of early childhood educators and child care providers. Site includes calendar of events, online resources, and public policy.
- NYS American Associate Degree Early Childhood Educators (ACCESS): A professional organization for early childhood teacher educators in New York state. Includes membership information, calendar of events and resources.
- National Network for Child Care: Provides articles related to child develepment and early childhood education and e-mail discussion list for early childhood issues.
- National Prekindergarten Center: NPC provides research, policy analysis, communication, and technical assistance for decision makers who implement prekindergarten programs.
- Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education: Located at Portland State University. Providing a career development system for early childhood practitioners.
- Pacific Rim Early Childhood Institute: Provides government-licensed courses in Early Childhood Education via distance education.
- Parent Child Preschools of Oregon (PCPO): Supports developmentally appropriate parent child cooperatives in Oregon and Washington. Member schools, events, newsletter, and some related links.
- Parents as Teachers National Center: An award-winning nonprofit parent education organization providing parents of children prenatal-age 5 with support and information on their developing child through a network of local programs.
- Playcentre Federation of New Zealand: Provides parent education and examines characteristics of quality early childhood education.
- Quality in Linking Together Early Education Partnerships (QUILT): National training and technical assistance project funded by the Federal Head Start and Child Care Bureaus. Site includes events, partnership profiles and tools, and a guide to articles and publications.
- San Diego Association for the Education of Young Children: Includes brief mission statement, list of upcoming events, and resources for childcare providers and children's advocates.
- The Foundation Stage: Information, support, consultancy and training for early years Foundation Stage educators.
- The Innovative Teacher Project: Invites teachers, directors, and instructors to contribute to the exchange between Reggio Emilia and the San Francisco Bay area. Site includes calendar of upcoming roundtable discussions.
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children: Professional organization which promotes excellence in early childhood education. Site includes information for educators and parents, conference information, professional development resources, and a members-only section.
- The Zero To Eight Coalition: Zero to Eight Coalition is a collaboration of health, social service and government agencies, early childhood care, education providers, advocates, parents and families. The Zero to Eight Coalition strengthens and supports programs and families in order to build a more equitable and just society.
- Vancouver Island Cooperative Preschool Association: Supports 14 parent participation preschools on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Site includes contact information, educational philosophy, and directories of educators and preschools.
- Zero to Three: Offers a comprehensive interactive `resource` for parents and early childhood education professionals on healthy development of children ages zero to three years.