Search Home : Reference : Education : Early Childhood
- The Perpetual Preschool: Over 6,000 free songs, crafts, games, snack ideas, and learning activities for preschool and kindergarten educators to use in the classrooms. Includes thematic units, professional development resources, and teacher forums.
- A World of Kindergartens: Theme-based activities drawn from an international e-mail discussion group.
- A-to-Z Kids Stuff: Includes lesson plan themes, monthly calendars, educational activities, and free downloads appropriate for use with young learners.
- AOL@SCHOOL: Primary: This comprehensive guide to the Web for K-2 students packages hundreds of educator-reviewed resources on core subjects, reference, news, study skills and educational games.
- Ask The Preschool Teacher: A place to ask questions and get responses from qualified preschool teachers. Includes an archive of questions asked previously.
- CanTeach - Resources for Educators: Features classroom management resources, children's songs and poetry, planning tools, and free lesson plans.
- Classroom Charlotte Mason: A discussion forum about the why and how of implementing Charlotte Mason's educational ideas in the early childhood classroom.
- Early Childhood Education Resources on the World Wide Web: Provides annotated links for teachers and children.
- Early Childhood Educators Resources: Links to pages providing ideas for art, science, small group, circle time, and quiet time activities.
- Early Childhood Educators and Family Web Corner: Provides articles, message boards, chat area, and extensive web guides.
- Early Childhood Focus: Provides current news stories related to the profession. Allows users to submit news or discuss items, publications and press releases.
- Early Childhood Resources: Links to information about child development, curriculum, and parenting.
- Earlychildhood.com: Improving the education and general life experience of young children. Advice from experts in the early childhood field, creative projects, and sharing of ideas and questions with the early childhood community.
- EdnoLand.com: On-line preschool community provides resources for teachers and parents, as well as interactive activities for young children.
- EduPuppy.com: Directory of resources for early childhood educators and preschool teachers includes lesson plans, thematic units, and technology resources.
- Everything Preschool: Includes lesson plans, art, songs, thematic units, and book reviews.
- Facts in Action: Summarizes early education research and policy for parents, teachers, advocates, and policymakers . From the Early Education Clearinghouse.
- First School: Features activity calendar, educational themes, crafts, printable activities, and other resources in English and Spanish.
- Hummingbird Educational Resources: Includes lesson plan ideas, links, message board, and links.
- Kinder Konnect: Resource website for Pre-K and kindergarten with emphasis on thematic units, recipes for children and letter of the week ideas.
- Kinder Korner: Resource website for Pre-K through 2nd-grade teachers and includes an early childhood education discussion list with more than 1,200 subscribers.
- Kindergarten Classroom: Thematic reading and math readiness activities for kindergarten science and social studies units. Technology connected lessons for each unit plus links to age appropriate sites.
- Marilee Schuhrke's Page: Offers topically-organized annotated links to help teachers develop thematic units.
- Mothergoose.com: Free activities, crafts, games, and printables for ages 3 to 6.
- Ms. Haygood's Primary Page: Offers teaching ideas, class schedule, curriculum ideas, and a monthly thematic scope and sequence.
- MuddlePuddle Early Years Home Education: Features thematic activities parents may do at home with toddlers; many games reflect the Montessori approach. Includes a support list and information on Cleft Lip and Palate.
- National Child Care Information Center (NCCIC): Provides daycare regulations by state.
- Postcards for Preschool: Kids at the Preschool Workshop are learning about the United States and other countries around the world. Educators can help by sending a postcard.
- Pratt's Educational Resources: Early Childhood Education: Includes thematic activities, games, recipes, coloring pages, songs, and fingerplays.
- Pre-K Directory of Schools: Large, searchable directory of U.S. preschools.
- Preschool Education: Activities for the preschool and kindergarten classroom grouped by theme, and a free newsletter.
- Preschool Printables: Provides free printable calendars, classroom news, awards, bulletin boards, file folder games, charts, and so forth.
- Preschool by Stormie: Monthly curriculum and lesson plan ideas.
- Recipes 4 Learning: Free kids recipes, crafts, learning games, songs, and poems.
- Resources for Early Childhood Education: Small collection of links compiled by researchers at Pennsylvania State University.
- Sherry's Kindergarten: Lesson plans and favorite links for preschool and kindergarten. Changes monthly.
- Step By Step Theme Pages: Offers book recommendations, songs, fingerplays, and art activities for more than themes.
- Suzyque: Cyber Preschool: Offers fingerplays, snack recipes, art ideas, printables, and curriculum calendar. Activities grouped by months and themes.
- Tammy's Teaching Tips: Provides tips, themes, ideas, and activities for preschool teachers as well as elementary teachers.
- Teaching is a Work of Heart: Site updated monthly provides thematic activities and screened links.
- Technology and Young Children: Includes information about educational practices, research, funding. A project of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Technology in Early Childhood Education: Assists educators in connecting technology with the way young children learn. Includes information about technology and curriculum, project planning, classroom arrangement, software selection, ergonomics, and internet safety.
- The Idea Box: Site aimed at parents and teachers of young children offers games, songs, kid recipes, craft ideas, and message boards.
- The Pre-kinder Corner: A site for 4- and 5-year-olds, their parents, and teachers of preschool students. Activities, curriculum, schedules, and important early childhood links.
- The Rainbow Bag: Activities and ideas for parents and teachers of young children. Also includes a page on frequently asked interview questions for beginning teachers.
- Web Corner Index: Teacher Pages: Hundreds of organized links related to early childhood issues.
- What Does Research Say About Early Childhood Education?: Explores contemporary research and recommends home and classroom activities.
This category in other languages: